Intuitive Entertain ME includes Sprint TV & Movies, Sprint Music Plus, Spotify, Slacker, iHeartRadio, Shazam and Rumpus
Sprint is making it easy for customers to discover and personalize select Android-powered smartphones with their favorite music and mobile TV apps. Entertain Me, a service within the Sprint Zone application, features Sprint TV & Movies and Sprint Music Plus along with mobile entertainment leaders Spotify, Slacker, iHeartRadio, Shazam and Rumpus.
Entertain ME facts:
Located within Sprint Zone on Sprint Android devices, Entertain ME provides search, online and offline playback for music and access to live and video-on-demand content via Sprint TV & Movies. The service will continue to evolve with more content. Entertain ME includes:
- Sprint TV & Movies: full episodes of popular primetime TV shows from ESPN, including the NBA, MLB, college football and basketball. Customers can access Sprint TV & Movies using the unlimited data included with Sprint Everything data plans. Sprint TV & Movies is powered by MobiTV.
- Sprint Music Plus: The official Sprint Music Store for music tracks and full album downloads, ringtones, and ringback tones. Millions of DRM-free music tracks and tones from all major artists updated daily. LiveWire Mobile is the service provider for Sprint Music Plus.
- Spotify: On-demand unlimited music for premium users and customized radio for free and premium users, Spotify provides access to approximately 20 million songs by searching for artists, albums, titles, labels and genres, and gives users access to tracks from many major and independent labels.
- Slacker: Offers millions of songs, hundreds of expert-programmed stations, and news, sports and talk from ABC and ESPN. Listen to free service or subscribe to enjoy deep customization, offline listening and on-demand access to millions of songs and albums.
- iHeartRadio: An all-in-one, free digital service that offers access to more than 1,500 live broadcast and digital-only stations from more than 150 cities, plus user-created Custom Stations inspired by favorite artists and songs. Coming soon to Android phones, iHeartRadio will launch its “Perfect For” feature, allowing listeners to browse through a menu of moods and activities perfect for a particular day and time.
- Shazam: Discover, explore and share music and TV. For music, identify songs in as little as one second, preview or buy the track, and get streaming lyrics, YouTube videos and more. With TV shows, use Shazam anytime for music, celebrity buzz, trivia and more.
- Rumpus: Music discovery service allows customers to navigate through the millions of tracks available, find new artists, learn what has influenced their favorite bands and singers or simply find new tunes they love and create new playlists. Rumpus was developed by Sprint Music Plus service provider Livewire Mobile.
Fared Adib, senior vice president, Product Development and Operations, Sprint
“Entertain ME makes it easy for customers to search for, listen to and watch what they want, and Sprint’s unlimited data plans mean customers don’t have to worry about surprises on their monthly bill from data overage charges like they might with shared data plans from AT&T or Verizon. Entertain ME also delivers a great discovery mechanism for the third-party services we feature there.”
“Now more than ever, it’s important to offer our customers helpful ways to make the most of their smartphones and the apps and services it can offer. Entertain ME is another in a line of Sprint services incorporated into smartphones, such as Sprint Zone and Sprint ID, that brings Sprint customers tools to easily personalize and enhance their mobile experience.”
Brian LaKamp, president of digital media for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
“We are delighted to be a part of Sprint’s Entertain ME service. We’re committed to being everywhere our listeners want us to be, and Sprint’s service makes it even easier for users to discover and download iHeartRadio.”
David Jones, executive vice president of marketing, Shazam
“Shazam is excited to be a part of the launch of Entertain ME with Sprint, giving its customers access to the industry’s fastest tagging and best media engagement for music and television.”