The eco-friendly Samsung Reclaim from Sprint continues to garner accolades as the “must have” green gift this holiday season and is one of Sprint’s best selling devices.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
In October, CTIA - The Wireless Association named Samsung Reclaim the “CTIA 2009 Hottest in Show” in the Hot for the Holidays awards program. More recently Reclaim has been profiled in the following:
• O, The Oprah Magazine’s Holiday Gift Guide’s Gifts Under $50
• Earth2Tech’s 10 Green Tech Gift Ideas for Black Friday
• Mommy Blogger Amanda’s Holiday 2009 Gift Guide
• Treehugger’s Green Gift Guide for The Green Geek
• Ideal bite’s A Biter’s Guide to Playing Santa- 43+ Gift Ideas and all the eco trimming
• USA Today’s Tech Holiday Shopping Guide
DEFINING GREEN WITH SAMSUNG RECLAIM
An eco-friendly overachiever, Samsung Reclaim from Sprint is designed with environmentally-responsible components and fully recyclable packaging, making it the perfect wireless phone for the eco-conscious consumer.
• Its bio-plastic material, made from corn makes up 40 percent of the Reclaim’s outer casing. Samsung Reclaim is free of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), phthalates, and nearly free of brominated flame retardants (BFR): three materials commonly targeted on green electronics guidelines.
• The outer packaging and the phone tray inside the box are made from 70 percent recycled materials. The images and text on the box as well as the phone warranty information are printed with soy-based ink.
• The typical thick paper user manual has been replaced with a virtual manual that users can access online.
• The charger is Energy Star approved for meeting the highest energy efficiency standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. It consumes 12 times less power than the Energy Star standard for standby power consumption and is equipped with a visible notification to alert the user to unplug the handset once it’s fully charged.
Consumers can also go green this holiday season by recycling their wireless devices. Sprint, recently ranked highest among all U.S. telecom companies and #15 overall on Newsweek’s Green Rankings is an industry leader in the reuse and recycling of wireless devices sold. Sprint has an aggressive industry-first goal of reaching a 90 percent phone collection rate for reuse/recycling compared with annual wireless device sales by 2017.
To learn more about wireless recycling consumers can visit the Sprint wireless recycling Web site.
Pricing & Availability:
Currently FREE after $129.99 instant savings with a new two-year service agreement (offer available only at sprint.com through Jan. 3.
When customers purchase Samsung Reclaim from Sprint through December 31, 2009, $2 of the proceeds will benefit the Nature Conservancy's Adopt an Acre program, which supports land conservation across the United States and protects some of the world's most beautiful and important natural habitats.
Sprint’s new environmental initiatives:
• Sprint is the first U.S. wireless carrier to establish a set of environmental design criteria for future devices and accessories.
• Sprint is implementing a series of new environmentally-responsible retail initiatives including adding a dedicated display area in stores that highlights Sprint’s commitment to eco-friendly products and accessories.
• Sprint is committing to reduce paper usage by 30 percent during the next five years.
Sprint’s new green design criteria for future devices and accessories and recently announced several new environmental initiatives to support its aggressive environmental goals including a commitment to reduce GHG emissions by 15 percent by 2017.
Nature Conservancy's Adopt an Acre program
• Go Green With Sprint
• Follow us on Twitter at @sprintgreennews - http://twitter.com/sprintgreennews
• Sprint Sustainability Fact sheet
• Samsung Reclaim Fact sheet
• The Nature Conservancy Fact sheet
• BSR Statement on Sprint Sustainability Initiatives