HTC EVO™ 4G, exclusively from Sprint, is the world’s first 3G/4G Android handset, and delivers a multimedia experience at 4G speeds that is second to none, making it possible to download music, pictures, files, or videos in seconds – not minutes – and watch streaming video on the go.
Experience Android at 4G
HTC EVO 4G features the Android 2.1 platform, which can deliver a wide array of useful new features:
• Android 2.1 with access to more than 30,000 apps on Android Market
• Through Android Market™, get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and games to download and install on their phone, with many more to come
• GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM
• Google Goggles™ enables a new way to search with pictures instead of words, and works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos and artwork3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
• World class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rivals that of netbooks
• Text messaging and email composition feature built-in voice-to-text technology. Simply press a microphone button on the screen and messages can be composed by just speaking
A Device Unlike Any Other
• Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ QSD8650 (1GHz) processor
• 4.3-inch pinch-to-zoom, one of the industry’s largest touch-screen displays
• 8.0 MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash and 1.3 MP front facing camera
• Built-in kickstand for handsfree viewing
• Updated HTC Sense, award winning user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
• Visual voicemail
• HD video capture and HDMI output
• Live video sharing with Qik
• FM Radio and Amazon MP3 Store
• Media player with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
• Sprint applications including Sprint TV® and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile(SM)
• Built-in WiFi®: 802.11 b/g
• Bluetooth® 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR
• Digital Compass, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light Sensor, GPS
• Expandable Memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB
Where to find HTC EVO 4G
Customers will be able to purchase HTC EVO 4G through all Sprint channels and through national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Walmart, starting this summer. Pricing will be announced at a later date. Pre-registration begins today at www.sprint.com/evo.
The Sprint Network Advantage
HTC EVO 4G offers access to the Sprint 4G network where available, and the Sprint 3G Network everywhere else.
Best of Both Worlds
• 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
• 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
Blazing trails with Sprint 4G
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service. Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G1.
As the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, Sprint made history by launching 4G in Baltimore in September 2008. Today, Sprint 4G covers more than 30 million people in 27 markets and expects to have up to 120 million people covered by the end of 2010.
Sprint currently offers 4G service in 27 markets, including, but not limited to, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Portland, Ore., San Antonio and Seattle. Following is a comprehensive list of markets by state where Sprint 4G is currently offered: Georgia – Atlanta, Milledgeville; Hawaii – Honolulu, Maui; Idaho – Boise; Illinois – Chicago; Maryland – Baltimore; Nevada – Las Vegas; North Carolina – Charlotte, Greensboro, (along with High Point and Winston-Salem), Raleigh (along with Cary, Chapel Hill and Durham); Oregon – Portland, Salem; Pennsylvania – Philadelphia; Texas – Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls; Washington – Bellingham, Seattle. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G.
In 2010, Sprint expects to launch service in multiple markets, including but not limited to, Boston, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Minneapolis, New York City, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Sprint is harnessing the power of 4G as the majority shareholder of Clearwire, the independent company that is building the WiMAX network. Sprint is the only national wireless carrier to offer 4G services on the Clearwire WiMAX network.
For more news and information on HTC EVO 4G follow @sprint or @sprintnews on Twitter
1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. Sprint 4G currently available in over 25 markets and counting, and on select devices. See www.sprint.com/4G for details. Not all services available on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/separate network where 4G unavailable.
Note: Device features, specifications, services and applications are subject to change.