Sprint ID just added to impressive list of features for Sprint’s first international 4G smartphone
Visit www.sprint.com/photon for additional details
Offering the perfect balance of features for business needs and fun, Sprintand Motorola Mobility today announced the July 31 availability of Sprint’s first international 4G smartphone, Motorola PHOTON™ 4G. Motorola PHOTON 4G will cost $199.99 (excludes taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement(1). Sprint Premier Customers will have the opportunity to purchase Motorola PHOTON 4G – online only – three days before the national launch, while supplies last.
Quotes from early device reviews:
· “I dig the way the PHOTON looks. The qHD screen is very nice indeed. Colors are rich, and the resolution was very good.” – PC World
· “It's big, it's businesslike…. Sprint's brand-new Motorola PHOTON 4G will face down the HTC EVO 3D this summer in a battle of the high-end Android super-phones.” – PC Magazine
· “It’s a strong competitor and one that seems aimed equally at business customers as it is to regular consumers.” – GigaOm
Built with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Motorola PHOTON 4G, combined with Sprint’s 4G network, lets users browse, download and multitask at maximum speeds to support their busy lifestyles. Motorola PHOTON 4G provides an array of versatile tools, such as the Motorola Webtop application, allowing users to access and create content from a larger screen while connected to a Motorola HD Station dock (available for purchase following device availability).
Additional features include:
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor with each core running at 1GHz and 1GB of RAM
- Large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
- Dual cameras – 8-megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
- Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
- Worldphone capabilities to access emails, calendars and news from anywhere around the globe
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks
- Supports critical IT device policies commonly requested by enterprises and governmental entities, including integration ease, cost-of-management and data security concerns
Robust Accessory Ecosystem
Customers will appreciate the variety of Sprint and Motorola exclusive accessories available to customize their Motorola PHOTON 4G experience. Options include:
- Paired with the HD Station, which includes a wireless remote and HDMI cable, users can do more than ever on a larger screen. When docked, the Motorola PHOTON 4G launches the Webtop application, providing users instant access to full Firefox® multi-window browsing capabilities. Users also can connect up to three USB peripherals, such as a keyboard, mouse or memory stick, to be even more productive at home or on-the-go. The HD Station will be available after device launch for $99.99 (excluded taxes).
- The full-size Wireless Keyboard allows Motorola PHOTON 4G users to work faster with Bluetooth® technology and a super-thin design. The Wireless Keyboard provides quick access to Android® apps using dedicated shortcut keys to navigate through Web apps powered by Android in a snap. Available on July 31, the Wireless Keyboard will retail for $69.99 (excludes taxes).
- Hitting the open road for summer vacation? The Vehicle Navigation Dock for Motorola PHOTON 4G is the ultimate travel companion, giving users easy access to maps, favorite contacts, hands-free calling, music, turn-by-turn navigation and more. Equipped with integrated Motorola ESP technology to automate the screen preferences, the Vehicle Navigation Dock allows streaming audio and music via the 3.5mm audio jack through the vehicle speakers. The Vehicle Navigation Dock will be available after device launch for $59.99 (excludes taxes).
- When it comes time to recharge Motorola PHOTON 4G, Sprint offers a wide variety of power solutions, including a Battery Only Charger and Battery Bundle. This high performing, 1700mAh Lithium Ion replacement battery gives the device the power to talk, send texts, take pictures, or just be on standby. The bundle includes a battery-only charger, providing users the option to charge the spare battery separately and is available on Aug. 18 for $49.99.
Sprint offers a variety of cases, skins and gels to protect Motorola PHOTON 4G and other devices from inevitable nicks and scratches. Sprint offers the following phone covers and wraps for Motorola PHOTON 4G:
- A Holster and Shield Combo make a nice protective cover to prevent scuffs and scratches. This cover and holster combination carry solution provides convenient protection for the Motorola PHOTON 4G device. It is available for $24.99 (excludes tax).
- The protective Gel surrounds Motorola PHOTON 4G like protective gloves with precision cut-outs for access to the device's bright screen, control buttons and keypad. It’s available in purple and retails for $19.99 (excludes tax).
- The two-piece Phone Cover for Motorola PHOTON 4G slides together easily to protect the top and bottom of the device. Available in gray with black leather inlay, the phone cover will retail for $21.99 (excludes tax).
Additional accessories will be available after launch. Customers seeking more information can visit their local Sprint store or www.sprint.com/accessories.
Sprint ID - Making Android Easy
Motorola PHOTON 4G is Sprint’s seventh Sprint ID-capable device. Sprint ID delivers a variety of apps, widgets, shortcuts, ringtones and wallpapers – designed to meet users’ specific mobile needs and interests – in a few simple clicks. Sprint ID packs are free to download with an Everything Data plan, and users can download five at once – including Professional (features tools to help busy professionals with travel plans, organization, communication), Green (tips to live a greener lifestyle), MTV Music ID (mobile music experience), HSN (shopping on the go) and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID Pack. To see all Sprint ID packs, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid.
The Fine Print
Motorola PHOTON 4G requires activation on one of Sprint’s Everything Data plans plus a required $10 Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones. Sprint’s Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint Network, starting at just $69.99 per month plus required $10 Premium Data add-on charge – a savings of $39.99 per month versus Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and 2GB web or $9.99 per month versus Verizon’s 450-minute plan with unlimited text and 2GB web. The Mobile Hotspot option is available for an additional $29.99 per month supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. (Pricing excludes taxes and surcharges.)
Sprint was unbeaten among major wireless carriers for customer satisfaction according to results from the 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index. In addition to tying for first place among wireless carriers, Sprint was also the number one most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all industries, during the last three years, according to the survey.
As the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, Sprint made history by launching 4G in Baltimore in September 2008. Sprint currently offers 4G service in 71 markets in 28 states. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G.
Starting on July 18, register at https://www.shopmotorola.ca/photon4g for a chance to win a Motorola Photon 4G or a trip for two to a Live Nation® concert of your choice2.
News Release (July 13) - Motorola PHOTON 4G Debuts on July 31 for $199.99
News release (June 9) - Sprint and Motorola Forge Renewed Business Relationship That Extends Device Innovation