Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint
“Only Sprint delivers the NBA without limits to fans with truly unlimited plans, so fans can watch and listen to live games from their phones or check scores and stats as much as they want without worry.”
Today Sprint and the NBA announced a multiyear marketing partnership that will make Sprint the Official Wireless Service Partner of the NBA.
Sprint will reach the NBA’s fan base through a wide array of assets, including marquee league events, TV and digital exposure, and customized NBA mobile content.
Sprint NBA Mobile
A key element is the development of a new custom app, called Sprint NBA Mobile – the most comprehensive app in the marketplace for NBA fans to follow their favorite teams and players. It is available to Sprint subscribers exclusively and will be offered at no additional cost with unlimited usage for Sprint customers with an Everything Data Plan.
Key features of Sprint NBA Mobile include
• In-game and postgame video highlights
• Live home and away radio broadcasts for all games
• News, scores, stats and real-time play-by-play for all games
• Direct access to live ESPN NBA Games via Sprint TV’s ESPN Channel.
NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE
Fans looking to get even more NBA live action will be able to purchase NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE through the Sprint NBA Mobile app
Key features of NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE include:
• 20% discount exclusively for Sprint customers
• Up to 40 live out-of-market games per week with in-game stats overlays
• Game replays with season archives
Sprint NBA Mobile app will launch on Sprint Android devices on Christmas Day when the season tips off.
Additional Elements of Sponsorship include
• Sprint will also be the presenting partner of digital promotion for Christmas Day games
• Presenting partner of the NBA All-Star Balloting program, which allows fans globally to vote to determine the starters for the NBA All-Star Game
• Title partner of the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game and the NBA All-Star Pre-Game Concert, held prior to the NBA All-Star Game.
• Associate partner of NBA All-Star Jam Session
• Presenting partner of the NBA All-Star E-Waste Recycling Day, an electronic waste collection and recycling event. In addition to Sprint's involvement with NBA All-Star activities, it will also be an associate partner of the NBA Draft and the presenting partner of NBA Green Week.