We wanted to let you know about a decision we have made to end the Sprint Premier program.
The program will be phased out gradually. Depending on whether you are eligible now for certain program benefits or would become eligible soon, you still will have time to take advantage of them. We'll provide additional details about that below.
First, though, we wanted to share more about why we are taking this step.
We value the business of all of our customers, and especially appreciate those who have been loyal subscribers for many years. The Premier program was one way we attempted to demonstrate that we appreciated that loyalty.
This was a difficult decision, but we needed to take some actions now so that Sprint can continue offering other things our customers have told us that they appreciate most. These include:
- Simple and unlimited pricing plans without throttling or overages;
- Cutting-edge selection of 4G, Android and other devices at affordable prices;
- Network upgrades and strong customer service
Melinda Parks, Director of Marketing, Sprint
“In order to continue offering customers one of the best values of affordable unlimited data plans in the industry today, cutting-edge devices at great prices and our ongoing investment in providing great customer service, we had to make the difficult decision that it’s necessary to bring the Sprint Premier Program to a close at this time.”
Sprint still offers many benefits that set us apart from our competitors. We also will continue looking for ways to allow our customers to enjoy certain benefits, such as being able to buy or trial some future devices first and take advantage of promotional accessory offers. We hope that our loyal customers will recognize the value and advantages we offer when making their decisions about where to take their business.
Thank you for giving us the chance to share this information.
Here are some details about the changes:
Sprint’s Premier Loyalty program is being phased out and customers will no longer be enrolled into the program or move between gold and silver tier status.
- Premier customers will still have time to enjoy their benefits:
- Premier Gold customers - who aren’t already eligible under the “New For You” program – have until the end of 2012 to take advantage of their last annual upgrade.
- All Premier customers will be able to redeem or take advantage of all of their current benefits including accessory discounts, Just Because Perks, Premier Community and complimentary plan check-ups through Dec. 31, 2011.
- Sprint will continue to notify customers who reach their Service Anniversary date through December. Customers enjoying December anniversaries will have until Jan. 15, 2012 to redeem their gift.
- Customers always have the ability to make educated and informed decisions about their wireless plans and determine if another plan could benefit them using the Sprint Plan Optimizer, at www.sprint.com/planfit.
- If customers have additional questions they may visit www.sprint.com/premier or the Sprint Premier Community
- Live Chats will be held on the Sprint Premier Community on September 23 at 1:00 pm CST and October 3 at 1 pm CST.