Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 2.6 out of 5†by 297 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5†by Oldie but goodie. This phone had a ton of annoyances and quirks, however, it's the best all-around smart phone I've ever had. The camera is great, the screen, while very small, was beautiful. This is a true mil spec phone. I wrecked a motorcycle last year with this phone in my pocket and it did not damage it at all beyond minor scuffs on the edges; it would have shattered any other phone. I wish Motorola would build another version of this, same size, but without the QWERTY keyboard to expand the screen, throw in a dual or quad-core processor, 16GB internal storage, and at least a 1GB of RAM. It would be the phone to end all phones. August 27, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 Big Dis-appointment I do not like this phone at all!!! Way to many "issues" It is a big let down! March 27, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5†by Equipment is Durable This model is very durable. I have dropped it perhaps twice and there are no signs of damage anywhere. I prefer having the physical QWERTY keyboard as opposed to having a touch-based QWERTY keyboard as I can still attempt to make calls when the operating system begins to malfunction / freeze. I completely take this phone apart frequently as service with Sprint has been at its worst in years and for years. I constantly reset the phone. I don't like the operating system / computing platform that accompanies this Motorola phone. It frequently sets itself to different reading levels. The software applications that accompany this operating system are disappointing. March 2, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 Not a good phone Had to take this model after my original phone was water damaged and I sent my good phone that I liked in to Asurion. They said I had to take this model because my old model was discontinued, This model is slow. Everything takes forever to do; keys stick. Takes forever for calls to start. Can't add contacts from a text (old discontinued phone did that). Can't connect to WiFi. Can't get my email on this phone. Stuck with an inferior phone until I can afford a new one. Don't buy....not even worth it for being a free phone. January 30, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5†by The product was always freezing up I did not like this phone,it was worse than my old blackberry curve January 15, 2015
  • 2015-11-28 T09:27:45.028-06:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_297, tr_297
  • loc_en_US, sid_3768, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 60 next>>

CNET Editors rating
The good

Running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the Motorola Admiral offers snappy performance, decent call quality, a QWERTY keyboard, and a scratch-resistant 3.1-inch touch screen. It also supports push-to-talk, and its durable design will withstand harsh environments.

The bad

The Motorola Admiral's photo and video quality could be better. The phone comes with just 4GB of internal storage and doesn't support 4G.

The bottom line
Responsive, functional, and tough, the Motorola Admiral makes a great workhorse phone, especially for anyone working in a tough environment. BlackBerry users will also find it a smooth transition if they want to move to the Android platform.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated