Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 2.6 out of 5 by 273 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Great phone This phone was a free up grade I got 2 yrs ago. I have dropped this phone at home and at work many times. I thought when the screen cracked, the next time I dropped the phone would shatter it to pieces. Nope, the phone acted like nothing happen to it. I have not fixed the screen yet, I am a super busy person, and as long as it worked I didn't care if the screen has a crack in it. The battery on this phone is impressive, I have been with sprint for 10yrs, this is the best phone with longest battery life on it. When I 1st got it this phone could last, (with me talking 6 to 7 hrs on it) the phone last over 12hrs. After 2 years the battery only last 6 to 8 hrs with constant non- stop use. I talk on the phone with my sister for hours. This phone has taken a lot of abuse from me and yet it keeps working. The only reason I am upgrading is because I can get another free phone. I will keep this one as a back up. March 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by I have had this phone for 2 years now, won't upgrade to anything else. My Admiral is and has been my 1st touch screen phone. Its very durable and the only problem I have had is the service. The GPS works great and all my apps that I download/uninstall run great. I'll keep this phone for as long as I can. The battery on it lasts about 8 hrs if checking emails or looking up stuff. Overall this is a good reliable phone. March 19, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Can't wait to trade up I got this phone for it's ruggedness. That was the only good quality about it. I spent countless times with this phone freezing up, or resetting. Very slow response times with apps starting up or closing out. I can rarely make two phone calls in a row without it locking up. I'm counting the days until I can trade this phone in. March 16, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Worst ever Phone randomly restarts and battery is terrible and needs to be recharged all the time. Not even worth one star. Do not buy. February 19, 2014
2 3 4 5 ... 55 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

Running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the Motorola Admiral offers snappy performance, decent call quality, a QWERTY keyboard, and a scratch-resistant 3.1-inch touch screen. It also supports push-to-talk, and its durable design will withstand harsh environments.

The bad

The Motorola Admiral's photo and video quality could be better. The phone comes with just 4GB of internal storage and doesn't support 4G.

The bottom line
Responsive, functional, and tough, the Motorola Admiral makes a great workhorse phone, especially for anyone working in a tough environment. BlackBerry users will also find it a smooth transition if they want to move to the Android platform.

© 2014 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated