Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 2.6 out of 5†by 296 reviewers.
Rated 1 out of 5 Big Dis-appointment I do not like this phone at all!!! Way to many "issues" It is a big let down! March 27, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5†by Equipment is Durable This model is very durable. I have dropped it perhaps twice and there are no signs of damage anywhere. I prefer having the physical QWERTY keyboard as opposed to having a touch-based QWERTY keyboard as I can still attempt to make calls when the operating system begins to malfunction / freeze. I completely take this phone apart frequently as service with Sprint has been at its worst in years and for years. I constantly reset the phone. I don't like the operating system / computing platform that accompanies this Motorola phone. It frequently sets itself to different reading levels. The software applications that accompany this operating system are disappointing. March 2, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 Not a good phone Had to take this model after my original phone was water damaged and I sent my good phone that I liked in to Asurion. They said I had to take this model because my old model was discontinued, This model is slow. Everything takes forever to do; keys stick. Takes forever for calls to start. Can't add contacts from a text (old discontinued phone did that). Can't connect to WiFi. Can't get my email on this phone. Stuck with an inferior phone until I can afford a new one. Don't buy....not even worth it for being a free phone. January 30, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5†by The product was always freezing up I did not like this phone,it was worse than my old blackberry curve January 15, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5†by Avoid if you don't have patients. Motorola got lost with the direction of this phone and I don't know why Sprint would accept this phone. I'll start right off the bat with some negatives. Avoid this phone if you like having control over when to make calls and send texts. It has taken up to three minutes for the phone to place a call which is very annoying but that is not the worst part. When the phone decides to make the call, you have to be staring at the phone otherwise you won't know it is calling; but wait it gets better. If you were impatient and hit the call button several times while waiting, the phone will make all those calls while you are on the phone after it connects. There is an ignore button that appears but pressing that disconnects you from the conversation you were having. Texting is another issue. It has taken several attempts to send a message. Not three or four but more than six. This doesn't happen all the time which can be even more annoying. If you are picking some one up it can be faster to just show up, park the car and try to find them. Or if someone is waiting for you to tell them directions it can take longer than five minutes for you to be able to send the message. The battery life is sub-par. I have to charge the phone at least two times a day no matter how long I have actually used the phone. This is complete speculation but I suspect that the phone overcompensates for a week signal. I'm also not sure on how to put the phone on just silent without having the vibration on. I turn my phone off during important meetings and presentations to avoid the sound of a vibrating phone. The sound quality is nice, the screen is nice. I've yet to have the phone freeze on me or drop a call. The buttons could be larger. In summary avoid if you need a reliable fast acting PHONE. If you want to play with some apps and the internet, knock yourself out. December 18, 2014
  • 2015-07-03T11:40:13.745-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_296, tr_296
  • loc_en_US, sid_3768, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 60 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

Running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the Motorola Admiral offers snappy performance, decent call quality, a QWERTY keyboard, and a scratch-resistant 3.1-inch touch screen. It also supports push-to-talk, and its durable design will withstand harsh environments.

The bad

The Motorola Admiral's photo and video quality could be better. The phone comes with just 4GB of internal storage and doesn't support 4G.

The bottom line
Responsive, functional, and tough, the Motorola Admiral makes a great workhorse phone, especially for anyone working in a tough environment. BlackBerry users will also find it a smooth transition if they want to move to the Android platform.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated