Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 4 out of 5 by 7126 reviewers.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Terrible ive had this phone for maybe six months and the charging port stopped working so now im out of a phone...it was okay until now...phones junky March 24, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by dislike 2 dislikes: Power button across from volume buttons to depress power button you apply pressure to volume buttons Only able to find one protective case and it does not fit correctly March 21, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 This product has both great and not so great features. I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy 3. I love the screen size and clarity of the Galaxy but I'm not a fan of a few things in particular. The camera and edit options (the red eye doesn't even work and I NEED it with mine & my daughters blue (red) eyes). The iPhone camera and edit options are amazing. I use my camera daily so it's important. Also sometimes when I try to connect to the internet, I'll get an error message saying that it couldn't find a secure connection but I never had that problem with my iphone. Internet is important in my every day life/activities. The battery life of the Galaxy is a lot less compared to the iPhone also. I'm constantly charging my Galaxy, it'll say 99% as soon as you remove it from the charger. I'm not impressed and I want to switch back soon. But for anyone who wasn't spoiled by the iPhone, they would love it. Other than those flaws, it's a great phone. March 20, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Would be twice the phone if it wasn't for the bloatware There are entirely too many uninstallable apps competing for resources. I believe battery life and performance would be much improved if there weren't so many apps forced on you by Sprint. March 17, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by You can do better This is a good starter phone for someone who is moving to Android but doesn't use a lot of smartphone features. If you like to use a lot of apps and are on your phone all day, battery and processing performance will be very poor. When it's new like a few months it's fine, but I had to get a new extended batter after a few months due to battery draining after 2 or 3 hours after full charge. It freezes often and regularly reboots itself. Also not good with new sprint network. It drops wi-fi and other service often. March 12, 2015
  • 2015-03-26T13:24:14.643-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co-hasreviews, tv_7126, tr_7126
  • loc_en_US, sid_3836, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 1426 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

The Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad

The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed. Until Sprint's LTE launch, data speeds drag on the carrier's 3G network.

The bottom line
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X. Unfortunately, it only runs on Sprint's 3G network for now.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated