Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 4.2 out of 5†by 9004 reviewers.
Rated 3 out of 5†by Galaxy 3 Good, reliable and easy to use. I love the pictures I can take and send to others. It is easy to access and having a gadget that takes pictures when you don't have a camera ready is awesome. I also love the apps and games I can download for free. June 28, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5†by Apple has good competition I have used both iOS and Android products and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'll admit that when I migrated to my iPhone I liked the processor speed and battery life better. I also liked the diversity of the apps. But then I broke out my Samsung Galaxy 3 for my daughter and immediately missed the screen set up and controls that were easier for me to access. Customizing it seemed easier for me. The battery vastly life improved when I bought an aftermarket battery (Anker) since I'd pretty much killed the old one and it's a definite improvement. If I had to one over the other it would be a toss up since both shine in different ways for me. June 9, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5†by Dual band Gs3 has a dual band features I can be on the phone and searching the Internet at the same time. At dual band to further phone. June 6, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5†by eats sd cards, freezes often and MHL doesnt work at all I have gone thru 7 micro SD cards, from various manufacturers, but since it corrupted the factory Samsung SD card, no other card Samsung, SanDisk or otherwise has lasted more than a couple weeks before randomly indicating Mounted/Unmounted and not being able to access the card on any device or reader. The factory Samsung MHL adapter has never worked with my phone either, although it works with my fiancťe's S3, and we have the same firmware version and software with no modifications to the OS or hardware. My phone locks up all the time, freezes, power cycles, and has generally inconsistent performance, occasionally getting very warm to the touch (the phone itself, not the battery). I'm trying a different brand of phone on my next upgrade! May 24, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5†by Good simple to use Smartphone Very good phone that is simple to use. Takes great photos! April 8, 2016
  • 2016-07-13 T12:36:44.170-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9004, tr_9004
  • loc_en_US, sid_3836, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 1801 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

The Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad

The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed. Until Sprint's LTE launch, data speeds drag on the carrier's 3G network.

The bottom line
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X. Unfortunately, it only runs on Sprint's 3G network for now.

© 2016 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated