Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 4 out of 5 by 7114 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by GREAT PHONE I got this a couple years ago and can't say enough about it. My S 3 has been a pleasure to use, When my GF used it she got rid of her I phone and went right out and got the S 4. The camera is great and takes very good pictures, the screen size and clarity are better than any cell phone I have owned, Never had a single issue with the phone. THe fact I canbuy and swap batteries is the best and I love that I can add memory rather than be forced to buy a phone with it pre installed and have to pay high prices for it. I can't think of one problem with this phone. I am elegible for an upgrade and truthfully even though I can get a newer Samsung for free I really don't need to. February 27, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Aging, but still does the job I've had this phone for nearly 20 months now. It has been through the wars, and definitely needs some work. The biggest complaint I have is battery related - the charging port broke within four months, and I've found it easier to just use external battery chargers and to swap spares in and out - by doing this, I can get through my workdays (8 hours per battery right now, with moderate to heavy use.) It performs almost as well as more modern phones, but at a much lower cost. I can still find accessories for it, and while it is slightly slower, it does not come with as many fussy bloatware features as the more modern phones. Overall, I like this phone for the value it provides. February 24, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by good pictures, decent battery The phone is just above average expectations. A lot of times I don't know someone has called until they leave a voicemail, not sure if that is phone or service. The Phone works well other than that and is easy to use. And takes good pictures. February 17, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by i love the phone Love the phone but hate the service. Its a nice size. Its good on battery February 16, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by The phone has great features Sometimes a little bit slow but overall I'd say the phone has been good! February 16, 2015
2 3 4 5 ... 1423 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

The Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad

The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed. Until Sprint's LTE launch, data speeds drag on the carrier's 3G network.

The bottom line
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X. Unfortunately, it only runs on Sprint's 3G network for now.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated