Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 6713 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 Overall a good phone The phone I have is overall a good phone, the battery does not stay charged. I would like it to be able to stay charged for at least a day or so before I have to charge it. It doesn't stay charged for more than 8 to 10 hours at a time. April 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Not recommended Bought this phone in July of 2013. I am not a big cell phone user but in 3 months time I was having issues with charging. I was told it was not a phone defect or problem but a user problem. This meant that I had abused the phone causing breakage/malfunction therefore not under warranty. I use my phone a average of 2 hours per week and have never dropped this phone or done anything to misuse it. Having seeked out others opinions, I have found others with this same problem with this model. I do like the feel of this phone, the camera quality, the touch screen and easy of use but this issue has turned me off to Samsung. I have been using Samsung since I started using a cell phone some 10+ years ago. April 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 Samsung galaxy s 3 This is a great looking phone but it drops calls and has poor sound quality . The best thing to use if for is its apps. April 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Galaxy S3 is real sweet Went from Blackberry curves to the Galaxy S2 Epic Touch. After a year and a half I upgraded to the S3. They just keep getting better. Not a power user, so battery lasts almost 3 days. Sound and call quality is good. Nice size and crisp screen. Hard to see outside which is my biggest gripe. I like charging extra batteries and having option to swap them out (this saves the charger port from wear. April 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great value! I love this phone. It has an abundance of memory, has fast 4G in most places and the battery life is amazing. I do wish the network had a father reach. Also, it has shut down for no apparent reason before. It was fully charged and randomly restarted. That Is the only problem I have had with the phone. April 8, 2014
2 3 4 5 ... 1343 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

The Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad

The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed. Until Sprint's LTE launch, data speeds drag on the carrier's 3G network.

The bottom line
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X. Unfortunately, it only runs on Sprint's 3G network for now.

© 2014 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated