Customer reviews

Share this product:
Rated 4.2 out of 5†by 8874 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5†by Galaxy S3 Good, solid phone. Pretty fast, good UI, good look & feel. Overall, I like the phone, but don't love it. Previously had a Moto X and loved the Motorola Assist features (automatically mute during meetings, active microphone for voice control when driving, etc.). You probably add some apps to do those things on this phone, but its not the same. Battery life is OK, but have to charge by the end of the day on days of heavy uses (lots of navigation, watching movies, etc.). Camera is just so, so. I like it enough that I would buy another Samsung if given the option and would recommend to others. July 8, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5†by I don't care for this phone The phone has pop ups on it. I was told that it was because of the apps so I deleted ALL of the apps. I can't even send a text without a pop up showing up on the phone. June 28, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5†by Its slow and glitchy The phone is okay for someone who doesn't care for techy specs but it does all the basic smart phone things. June 18, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5†by One Design Problem, Power Switch Opposite Volume Excellent phone with very good feel, battery life, etc. One serious design problem is having the power switch directly opposite the volume switch so when turning on or off the tendency is to adjust the volume so it creates occasional problems. June 16, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5†by Smart phone is great I went to this phone (Galaxy S III) for my 71rst BD from a flip phone. So you know how it can be great to me. It was like going from a pad and pencil to a computer. June 15, 2015
  • 2015-07-26T10:44:46.813-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_8874, tr_8874
  • loc_en_US, sid_3836, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 1775 next>>

CNET

CNET Editors rating
The good

The Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad

The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed. Until Sprint's LTE launch, data speeds drag on the carrier's 3G network.

The bottom line
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X. Unfortunately, it only runs on Sprint's 3G network for now.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Most popular

Top rated