Currently Being Moderated

Samsung FAQ - Applications - What Is Buddies Now & How Do I Use It For My SPH-d700 (Epic 4G) Phone?

What Is Buddies Now & How Do I Use It For My SPH-d700 (Epic 4G) Phone?

Buddies Now is a Samsung widget that combines updates from select social networks into a rolodex. Buddies Now aggregates multiple sources into a single place. It is a part of Samsung's Social Hub.

Important Notice! If using Facebook, the account must be setup through Accounts & Sync. If using the Facebook Application, Buddies Now will be unable to source information.

Note: Myspace comments are currently not supported by Buddies Now.

Launching Buddies

1. Press the Home Key
  2. Press the Menu Key
  3. Tap on Add
  4. Tap on  Samsung Widgets
  5. Tap on  Buddies now
  6. The Buddies now widget is now on one of your Homescreens.

Adding Buddies

In order to add Buddies, you must have configured a connection to a social  networking account. For information on adding an account, click  here.

1. Press the Home Key

2. Tap the Plus Sign

3. Scroll through your Contact list and select a buddy. Tap Done when completed

Deleting Buddies

1. Press the Home Key

2. Tap the Edit button and tap Remove

Viewing Data

1. Press the Home Key

2. Tap the Buddy

• Tip: You can comment, message,or call your Buddy from the widget.  The options available depend on the SNS account, contact data on the phone, and if the contacts are linked.

3. The Info tab will contain general information

4. The Activities tab will contain message post. Tap on a message to view. If you wish to reply to the message, tap Reply

5. The Media tab will contain data such as photo albums. Tapping on a photo will launch the web browser and take you to the social networking site. From there, you may add a comment should you desire.

Contact Linking

1. Press the Home Key

2. Tap on the Buddy, press the Menu Key and tap on Link contact

3. Scroll through your Contact list and select a Buddy to link to

Tip: To delete the a Link, tap on the Buddy and then linked contacts under the Info tab. Tap the subtraction sign to delete the link.

Other Info

To sync, tap on the sync symbol to refresh data. How often the information  is refreshed is dependent upon the sync interval that you created when adding  an account. Click  here to learn how to change the interval.

For more information on the SPH-d700 Epic 4G, a Galaxy S phone, please  click the banner below.

Original source:  http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PROD_ID=559&AT_ID=315929

Comments

Delete Document

Are you sure you want to delete this document?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...