With the LG Optimus S, to use downloaded ringtones as notifications, the ringtones must first be saved to a Notifications folder on the SD card. Once in the folder on the SD card, the ringtones can then be set for specific notifications, within each desired application.
Note: The Notifications folder can be created as a new folder directly in the root directory of the SD card; it does not need to be inside any other folder.
To create the Notifications folder:
- 1. Connect the USB cable from the handset to the computer. On the handset, tap Turn on USB storage.
Note: If no prompt appears, tap and drag down the notifications bar and tap USB connected.
- 2. Read the message and tap OK.
- 3. On the computer, if an AutoPlay window appears, select Open folder to view folders.
- 4. A windows will appear showing the contents of the MicroSD card installed on the handset. Click on Make a new folder.
- 5. Click on the new folder and rename it Notifications.
- 6. Drag and drop the desired ringtones into the Notifications folder.
- 7. Once the files are transferred, disconnect the USB cable.
To set ringtones for notifications:
- 1. From the desired application, press the Menu key.
- 2. Tap Settings.
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on the application. For Email, tap More and then tap Settings.
- 3. Tap Select ringtone.
- 4. Tap the desired ringtone.