This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2009 1:57 PM by RickD_99 RSS

Can I add a phone to my AirCard Data Plan?

Currently Being Moderated

OK here's the deal: I currently have an unlimited monthly data plan for $59.99 using the Sierra AirCard 597E. I've been very pleased with both the Aircard and the Sprint data service (in fact I'm typing this now using the service). What I was wondering is this: can I add a bluetooth-enabled phone line to this account? I work on a military base which prohibits use of cell phones in the hand while driving...I just purchased a Motorola bluetooth adapter device for my car and would like to get a inexpensive bluetooth-enabled phone to use with the BT adapter for hands-free calling while in the car. Does Sprint allow one to add a voice line to an existing data-only plan? When I went online and tried to add a phone to my plan the only options I saw was upgrading the Aircard 597 to some other wireless data device....no voice options were available. Assuming what I am asking is possibe what would be the cheapest option for adding a voice line? I am a very light cell phone user...I use them mainly for emergency purposes and rare calls from family members so I don't need a lot of minutes or texting options etc..

Also does Sprint allow you to activate a phone on an existing account that you purchase externally (say from Amazon)?

• 1. Re: Can I add a phone to my AirCard Data Plan?
    Sprint Employee

Hello Rick,

Most Sprint customers are approved for at least two lines of service.  An additional line would be considered your second line.  A mobile broadband card is considered an individual plan, so you cannot add lines per se, but you can add another individual plan to your account.

• If you are using the phone only occasionally or emergency use, you could start with our Sprint Basic Plan for $29.99/mo. for 200 Anytime Minutes and Unlimited Night and Weekends with Nights starting at 9PM, Nationwide Long Distance and No Roaming Charges. This plan requires a two-year agreement.
    • We also have Talk Plans.  We have 450 Anytime Minutes for $39.99/mo. with Unlimited Night and Weekends with Nights starting at 7PM, Nationwide Long Distance and No Roaming Charges.  This plan also requires a two-year agreement.

I hope this helps!  I recommend that you stop by your local Sprint Store for more information regarding adding your line.  Your can even visit sprintstorelocator.com and set an appointment at a store to pick a time that is good for you!

Luke

Message was edited by: Luke Johnston

• 2. Re: Can I add a phone to my AirCard Data Plan?

Thanks very much Luke...that $29.99 plan sounds like just waht I need so I will follow up on this next week with Sprint.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points