This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2011 6:34 AM by ClaudiPo RSS

Current usage - Text messaging

Currently Being Moderated

I have noticed that when you log onto your account, you can view current call logs, but can the same be done for current textlogs. I receive too many texts to just save them all and it would be easier that way to find text message number logs.

• 1. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    Customer Care

There is currently not an available Text Message Log for mobile users. Pursuant to recent changes in the protection of customer privacy with respect to telecommunications data, Sprint will no longer provide certain information not disclosed on a customer bill without a valid legal demand. This includes stored communications such as text messages.

• 2. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    Regular Visitor

If it was due to privacy then how come Verizon, and AT&T both give the phone numbers from sent and recieve text messages.  It is not like we are asking to read the actual text message just the numbers.  Also if it was due to privacy then the Nextel side would not be able to log in online and read the texts sent and recieved and also get the numbers.  I don't see why we can't at least get  the text detail log on our monthly bill if we can't get it online on our my sprint account.  They say it is due to privacy but like I said the Nextel side has it where you can log in and read it all and see it all and also the other carriers have the text detail log with the phone numbers.  I believe even Tmobile has it now also. For Sprint to continue to be a decent server they better hurry up and get up to date with these type of things or they will loose customers like crazy.  Us parents like to see the call details and all the phone numbers that are sending texts and recieving texts.  I know there are a lot ofcustomers I have seen and heard that are wanting this feature or information.

• 3. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    Expert

shelly1978 wrote:

If it was due to privacy then how come Verizon, and AT&T both give the phone numbers from sent and recieve text messages.  It is not like we are asking to read the actual text message just the numbers.  Also if it was due to privacy then the Nextel side would not be able to log in online and read the texts sent and recieved and also get the numbers.  I don't see why we can't at least get  the text detail log on our monthly bill if we can't get it online on our my sprint account.  They say it is due to privacy but like I said the Nextel side has it where you can log in and read it all and see it all and also the other carriers have the text detail log with the phone numbers.  I believe even Tmobile has it now also. For Sprint to continue to be a decent server they better hurry up and get up to date with these type of things or they will loose customers like crazy.  Us parents like to see the call details and all the phone numbers that are sending texts and recieving texts.  I know there are a lot ofcustomers I have seen and heard that are wanting this feature or information.

I apologize, however only the number or messages sent/received is provided on your bill or online.  This is so you may monitor your usage.  You may send a written request to have text details released.

Account holders can request details including date, time, send and received date for the previous 16 months by submitting a notarized form.

In order to complete this request, if necessary please contact the Subpoena Compliance Group, (800) 877-7330, option 3.

• 4. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    Regular Visitor

I have contacted them and asked questions they said they will not release the info every month even if I was to fill out the form every month.  They said that it is mainly for law enforcement to get the info when you need it for a situation.  Like I said I know it isn't available now but that is something Sprint needs to look into providing.  Like I said the other major companies provide it so I know it isn't due to privacy laws.The only information on our bill is the number of messages sent and recieved.  We want the phone number's that are sending and recieveing the texts!!

• 5. Re: Current usage - Text messaging

I agree Shelley - if Sprint doesn't add this feature very soon, I will leave once my contract expires.  Sprint was the first to add GPS and I thought they were more progressive than this.

• 6. Re: Current usage - Text messaging

This is COMPLETE B.S.!!!!!

Without providing the "text" log (I don't even want the detailed messages, just the log of to/from and date/time), you are at Sprint's mercy as to whatever number they want to put on your bill.

I am trying to dispute the fact they are saying 735 messages were sent from one of my phones in one month, but they refuse to give me the detailed to/from log of all the messages.

I am not even waiting on the contract to expire, just eating the early term fee and getting the **** away from this cracker jack outfit.

Too bad, I was a loyal Sprint customer for the past 8+ years, and given the circumstances on billing issues now, will NEVER return!

I have ALOT of friends who value my opinion on services, and you can bet your bottom dollar I will NOT be recommending this company any more.

So SAD!!!!!!

• 7. Re: Current usage - Text messaging

They say its privacy issues but that is not the case. Like your keeping my account private from the one who owns and pays for the account. Its ludicris to say this when all other companies provided this service for the customers. Not only is sprint one of the most expensive carriers they also are the least up to date on features. Going to another carrier after 10 years with sprint all because of their unwillingness to keep up with other companies.....

• 8. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    johnydubbs Expert

Im actually going to have to agree on this one  I had been an AT&T  customer before they   removed my corporate discount  without my knowledge and they gave you the  phone  numbers of incoming and outgoing I  also have a phone on  tmobile and  though i dont see the  numbers  on my  bill because i have summary billing i  can  see numbers texted  online with  them, Somone  really needs to change this  especially since sometimes I  get  texts  from people who   proceed to harass me and  they wont send me the list  every month   so that I  can keep a long and  eventually  go after the  person.

• 9. Re: Current usage - Text messaging

I just had the same problem. The sales associate is a great liar,... and the customer service ppl don't know anything. I am completely disappointed about this matter. I have been very loyal to sprint too. I have 5 sprint lines for 10+ years. I'm goin to cancel all my lines by tomorrow as soon as i sign up with a different service providr.

• 10. Re: Current usage - Text messaging

do you know that they charge you for incoming txt msgs too?!!!!?????????? just found that out!!!

• 11. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    wvjeeper Newbie

i to will be leaving sprint for the same reasons.  been with them for 5 years to long.

• 12. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    kayjinn Newbie

I got the same run around from sprint when I questioned them on why they do not itemize your texts was told it was a privacy issue that's a lie other carriers provide it and I am sure Sprint can also We have used this service for 8plus years and I am sick of their run around also their customer service for most part is lousy none of the operators seem to have any sense of what's going on, they seem to be reading a script for the most part we are dropping them as soon as I pick up different carrier. If your service is not what you expect then move to one of the many other carriers, seems that sprint needs to understand this.

• 13. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    kbrooks792 Newbie

Does anyone know if there has been any update on the text message detailed billing statement? I was with Bellsouth prior to Sprint and I was able to go online anytime and view my usage and what numbers, dates, times, etc for every single text sent on my account. I can't believe we are unable to do this with Sprint. If I had known this before I signed a contract I would have never switched to Sprint. I hope that they make changes before my contract expires or I will have to go to a company that offers up to date information.

• 14. Re: Current usage - Text messaging
    AMENEFEE01 Newbie

There have unfortunately been no changes the text message policy.  I think it is crazy how every other carrier does it except Sprint.  I may have to rethink things also and it is unfortunate because I have been with Sprint for 10 years and have several accounts with them.  Sprint needs to get up to date like the rest of the carriers.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...