This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2009 6:04 PM by halcyoncmdr123 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Poor Signal Strength
    miketech_79 Bronze Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Here is part of a post on another forum that I did: First of all bars suck: Full bars on one phone can mean 1-2 bars on another phone. So ignore bars and use dBm from the service screen instead. If you don't believe me go to an area with low coverage, easy to find, then look at the bars and compare signal levels in the service screen. See what comparison you have in real RF numbers. Look at the intersection of Manitou and Buffalo Roads in zip code 14624, where I live: NW Ogden Tower = 2.16 Miles away (tower ids: 052/220/388) NE 531/Elmgrove Rd = 1.6 Miles away (tower ids: 028/196/364) S Golden Rd/490 = 1.64 Miles away (tower ids: 144/312/480) W Stoney Pt Rd/Union St = 3.11 Miles (tower ids: 020/188/356) I am more than 1/2 mile away from any green best areas, in the dead-center of a hole. This hole provides minimal in building coverage. Now here is a kicker: Go to Bennett Ave in Bloomfield, NY and you will find it is in the center of a fair/poor spot. I get a 5 times better signal at that location indoors than that of the area that I live in (Manitou and Buffalo Roads).

• 61. Re: Poor Signal Strength

I came back to Sprint yesterday because of the new HTC HERO Android phone.  The hardware is great, as good as my original IPhone.  It is very user friendly, until I got my first call at home this morning.  It was broken up.  The signal strength throughout my home is 1 bar and maybe 2 sometimes.  Sprint store manager says that there is a booster called Airawe sold by customer service but I cant find it.   Has anyone found a booster that works with Sprint.  I would hate to give up the hardware.  Thanks.

• 62. Re: Poor Signal Strength
    wingland Sprint Admin

The Airave is sold through Sprint stores only - you can read more about it at:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?phoneSKU=SPDSC26UCS

• 63. Re: Poor Signal Strength
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

The Airave is old at stores, I know we haven't had any more for a little while now, it may be the same at that other store. I know that Account Services has been able to send them out as well, but I've read they have been on backorder for a little while.

• 64. Re: Poor Signal Strength
    miketech_79 Bronze Expert

Last month I was trying (unsuccessfully) to negotiate a deal with Airave.

I was told that there is a new Airave version coming out (I was told end of Sept) that supports 5 lines and would cost $50 more for the device. They said that they were out of stock on the old ones and the new ones were the only ones that they would sell.

• 65. Re: Poor Signal Strength
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

Yeah we haven't received any new inventory recently for the Airave, so I'm not sure. My guess is that hte other store also hasn't received any more so they are out as well. There have been reports online from customers like you who say Account Services has said there is a new version coming out, but as a retail store we haven't been notified of it yet. That being said, we usually only know about new accessories (which the Airave is considered since it isn't a phone or broadband card) a couple days before they go on sale.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...