This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2008 8:03 AM by RumorLady2008 RSS

LG Rumor will not log into Vision

Currently Being Moderated

I bought my son a rumor for his birthday transfering the services from his old phone which included Vision to his new phone. We gave it to him on vacation, and found that the vision service wasn't registered (Error 67). We talked to techs, advanced techs, took it to the Sprint Store in downtown Fort Lauderdale, they worked with it for several hours, and nothing could be done.I called apon returning home and they said exchange it. We did, waited the four hours, updated it, and then 6 hours and still no Internet. He only uses it to buy ringers. I have had Sprint for nearly 8 years and this is the first time I have had so much trouble with a phone. Everyone at Sprint has been great in trying to help, but nothing is working. It sounds like the Rumor needs to be pulled based on all the blogs I am reading. Is there anyone else getting a constant Error 67 message on this phone? Is there an internal problem to setting up a user name and password to vision that no one knows how to access? Please help!

• 1. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision
    Sprint Employee

I'm very sorry about the internet issues you are experiencing!  I wish there was an easy answer for the problems you have seen recently.  There are no known issues with the LG Rumor and Vision services.  I would imagine that even if you switch to a different model phone, you will still continue to get the error 67.  The reason why exchanging your phone did not work, is because this is not an issue with your handset.  It sounds like a provisioning issue, but I can not tell you for sure.  My advice would be to contact customer support and ask them to look at the data provisioning on your account to verify that it is set up correctly.  There may be some errors in the back end provisioning systems preventing data from working.  A trained Sprint service technician will be able to better assist you with these matters. 

Also, If you can provide us details regarding any additional handset issues you are seeing with the Rumor, we will do our best to address each one.  As we stated previously in Tristan's introduction to this discussion forum, a lot of inaccurate information has been posted on blogs about the Rumor phone.  Which is why we started this discussion forum, so we could help get accurate information out there.  The Rumor phone is performing great and continues to be a quality product for Sprint. 

Please keep us updated on your status of the internet issues you are experiencing, and if they continue.  We will do our best to help you out with whatever we can! 

• 2. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

My issue has been similar with the Rumor only I get error 7 and not 67...
    4 hours on the phone has not resolved this between Sprint and myself; to the point they are getting me a new differant phone...
    (cries)
    Justin

• 3. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

We have moved the Vision services to three phones on this number over the years with no problems in the past. The only thing different in this phone change is the removal of Ready Link. I have been on the phone with advanced technical support and they haven't been able to resolve anything. We may have to move to another model phone. I will try one of the technical centers again.
    So far:
    • Two rumor phones,
    • 10 calls,
    • three stores,
    • two metro cities
    • one vacation day in South Florida
    spent trying to resolved this, all in a weeks time. Who can resolve the problems with this phone?

• 4. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

I finally just gave up on my Rumor. I spent 3 hours this morning 2 last nite trying to resolve this. Stressing and trying to remain polite with the employees. I finally just had them upgrade me to the Centrio at THEIR expense not mind.
    I am disappointed I loved the phone.
    Sorry your issues are similar to mine in trying to get this to work.
    :(
    Justin

• 5. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision
    Sprint Employee

We have a new billing system, and your account may have been switched to this system when you swapped phones.  This is just speculation, but it is one potential cause of this issue.  Have you tried contacting CARE through the email link at the top left hand corner of this forum?  Here is the link.  http://search.sprint.com/inquiraapp/contact.jsp

Try this out and let me know what happens.  Next, we can try to escalate your issue.  I am confident that your issue is related to provisioning and not your handset, or the Rumor phone in general. 

• 6. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision
    Sprint Employee

Is Readylink still active on the line?

I had an experience trying to swap my daughter's Sanyo phone to a Samsung M300 that might be helpful.  The problem that was explained to me by various customer service reps was that Readylink needed to be removed from the line before the phone swap could be completed successfully as the new phone was not Readlink capable.  That sounded fine but no one seemed to be able to remove Readylink from her line.

The problem sat at the same stage for days until I spoke to a rep that explained to me that the provisioning system would not accept removing Readylink immediately, but that it would allow her to set the expiration date for Readylink to the next day (which she did) and then she would remove that feature the next day and then call me back and complete the swap. The rep did call me back the next day and everything went smoothly from that point.

Hope this might be useful.

• 7. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

I did have Ready Link on this phone before. Sprint said they would remove it. I am not sure if it is acutally gone. I have sent an email to support and am waiting for a reply. Wewill also plan on visiting a full service Sprint store this evening. It does sound like a provisioning issue, and if the Ready Link removal is blocking it, that may be a solution.

• 8. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision
    Sprint Employee

All of this is very very helpful!!!  Please keep us updated on your issue...and if you get a resolution or not.  If you don't get one by tomorrow...let me know and I will work to escalate your issue.  If it turns out to be Ready Link we can work with CARE to ensure they have the proper M&P's for provisioning phones without Ready Link. 

• 9. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

LG Rumor Vision log in is resolved. The Sprint Store in Dublin, Ohio was the only one that was able to fix it. They had to perform a hard reboot and then program it from the system itself and not from the phone. They also performed another reset function, it is now working without any errors. The Dublin store is a full service store. The staff there was excellent. If anyone else is having problems, take it to a store that can program it via the system and not from the phone itself. It clears up the provision issue. Thanks everyone for you support!
    -M-

• 10. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision
    Sprint Employee

I'm very happy your phone is working correctly now!  However, please don't be mislead as to the root cause of the issue.  Provisioning your phone via a cabled provisioning system or manually on the handset, is no different.  The only difference would be that provisioning manually on the phone allows room for human error.  If provisioning your phone via the cabled provisioning system corrected the issue, I would assume that your phone was manually provisioned incorrectly, initially.  Resetting the phone's parameters would have cleared all previous provisioning data and allowed the service technician to start fresh. 

I'm very happy that your phone is fully working now and your son will be able to buy some ringers!  I apologize that it took so long to figure out! 

Please let us know if you have any additional comments, questions or concerns with your Rumor phone.  We would love to hear feedback on features that you dislike and like to help us make our future messaging products even better!   

• 11. Re: LG Rumor reset?

Any one know how to master reset the lg rumor???

• 12. Re: LG Rumor reset?
    Sprint Employee

Are you referring to a master reset similar to a Nextel phone, or are you trying to wipe the memory of the phone clean?

• 13. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

I also have an LG Rumor and i also get the error 67 whenever I try to send pictures via picture mail or whenI try to access the internet. Also when i get pictures sent to my phone they dont show up in my picture mail inbox but only in my picture mail account on sprint.com. Any help would be great.

• 14. Re: LG Rumor will not log into Vision

do what i did. log onto your sprint account, go to settings and passwords, update your web username and password. wait a few hours, then go to settings>more...>data>update data profile.

if that doesn't work, then keep trying...i had to update mine on my own like 3 times, but it worked quicker than calling sprint about it. trust me. i called more than once a day for a week, and they gave me all kinds of retarded solutions that didn't work. finally i figured out that for some reason, when you update your RUMORs phone number, it doesn't update your data for web use, and i when i went to settings>phone information>version i saw that under username, was my old username from an old number (anyone who used to have a VGA-1000 or a phone of the like will remember using the web on that phone....how it'll say "connecting as so&so@sprintpcs.com" on a yellow screen. and i remember my username from having to see that all the time. but i finally realized that having a new number, i should have a new username too, and i figured out that thats why my phone was confused. it was logging on under my new number, but under a username that the number didn't recognize. or something like that.

just TRY updating our password and username through sprint.com.

otherwise....call sprint....alot.

and if that doesn't work either...

just forget about it. get a new phone or get used to not using the web.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...