This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2009 8:20 PM by sdbieber RSS

U300 ports

Currently Being Moderated

I have the new 3g/4g U300 USB modem and would like  to open 2 ports for custom software. Anyone know how? or am I SOL?

• 1. Re: U300 ports
    Groovedaddy Expert

I'm not aware of any blocked ports.  Which ports were you trying to use?

• 2. Re: U300 ports

its for the Bitcomet torrent client - port 22610

bitcomet keeps says the port is blocked. if I connect to another wifi - its fine/open

• 3. Re: U300 ports
    wingland Sprint Admin

You should be able to pick your port - Vuze lets me set up whatever port I like.

• 4. Re: U300 ports

went thru the first 12 alternate ports that bitcomet has and all came  up blocked

I have the same issue with both the 300 as usb  and plugged into the hotspot so I'm guessing its the 300 or maybe sprint  itself?

are you using vuze on over the 300/ 4g ?

• 5. Re: U300 ports
    Groovedaddy Expert

I've run various port checks for 22610 on my U300 and all come back negative - not being blocked for me.  I even started downloading a linux distro just for good measure and it went through without a hitch.  Also, you can verify a block by using http://www.canyouseeme.org .  Easy check...start your service, go to the website and check using the port your service is located on.  22610 is a pretty obscure port and I've never seen Sprint block a port.  Then again, WiMax is a whole new ball game.

Without cause to speculate, there are companies that have interests in clearwire that have substantial internet resources at their disposal, such as Google, Time Warner and Comcast.  I know some cables companies have been known to block such ports.

One way to find out for sure...connect to 3g and see if that port is still blocked.

• 6. Re: U300 ports

sorry for the delay - Yes Im still blocked on both 3g and 4g and any port I tried.  I even tried 21 and while 21 showed as open, Bitcomet would still not run correctly so I'm thinking more and more that its either Sprint or WiMax

I can FTP (DOS and winftp) without errors and at "speed" but not Bit torrets

by the way - your suggested website - canyouseeme.org errors out on most Bitcomet suggested ports

• 7. Re: U300 ports

been doing some testing and poking around. ports do show as blocked on 4G and even when I find a so-called open port,    Bitcomet still crawls and whines about blocked ports so I'm  guessing  its the network.  Vuze seems ok - slow but functional but no where the wide range of bitorrents that Bitcomet supports and Vuze doesn't seem that user friendly when it comes to adding custom site definitions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points