This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2009 5:15 AM by Grisolia RSS

Google map for HTC Hero not on market place.

Currently Being Moderated

Ok so I know that google maps update came out today.  I also know that it is only for android 1.6 OS and up.  That I understand.  But how is it that when I go to the android market and search for Google maps, it is not anywhere to be found?  What if I deleted it and wanted to reinstall it?  When you go on the internet and look for it, for the HTC Hero it states that you can get it from the market place.

?????????????

Seems pretty sad that a G1 phone can get it and all of us with the newest phones can't

• 1. Re: Google map for HTC Hero not on market place.
    Valued Member

If they updated Google maps to the 1.6 OS, the any Android on 1.5 is out of luck. The market filters on compatible applications for your cell android version. I wish Google maps would have at least waited until the current HTC models (Hero and Eris) had the 2.0 update.

• 2. Re: Google map for HTC Hero not on market place.

I understand what you are saying.  If i have Google maps on my phone aready then why is it not there to download again when I log on to the Market?  What happens if I uninstall this application?  Can I go to the Android market and re-download this app?  I don't think so because it does not show up on the market.

• 3. Re: Google map for HTC Hero not on market place.
    Valued Member

You currently have the 1.5 compatible version of Google Maps installed right now and that will continue to work fine. However, if you uninstall it, you're out of luck until the Hero gets 2.0.

You could however find websites that have the 1.5 APK (install file) availiable for download and manual install it, but that's not really recommended as those sites aren't really trusted. I'm sure they are safe, but since it's outside the market, you could be asking for trouble.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points