This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2009 4:18 PM by USERKV8031 RSS

GSM coverage with onesimcard

Currently Being Moderated

I have an ACE and just purchased a SIM card through http://www.onesimcard.com/?58721 for use when I travel to Europe

Does anyone have experience with OneSimCard?

I can't seem to get it to recognize a GSM network in the USA to test.

Bill

• 1. Re: GSM coverage with onesimcard

The reason why you cannot recognise a US GSM Network is because the Samsung ACE for Sprint is Locked to the CDMA Sprint Network here in the US. The Sprint SIM card that came with it can only be used in that device since it is SIM locked to it. So using another SIM card will not work unless you try and get it unlocked via Sprint Customer Support. Which I think they will not unlock it.

• 2. Re: GSM coverage with onesimcard
    USERKV8031 Expert

Doesn't that phone only recognize the frequencies used overseas?  I think that is the case and that is 1800/900.  Here in the US we use 1900/800 and T-Mobile has some 1700 thrown into the mix.  Best bet would be to buy a cheap quadband phone on ebay and use it.  The basic phones can be had fairly cheap.

• 3. Re: GSM coverage with onesimcard
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

The Ace does not support domestic GSM frequencies, only international ones. Same with the Tour and Touch Pro 2, although those two have the hardware for it, but it is disabled in the firmware to pass FCC filings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points