This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2011 1:11 AM by CRUML3V RSS

software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Currently Being Moderated

I can someone tell if they know a website were I can download the software/drivers for the sanyo scp 3810. My computer will not recognize my new phone. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. Bill

• 1. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    lefty_pacman Valued Member

Good question. I took a look at http://sanyowireless.com and there is currently no driver support for that phone yet. But, once they write the drivers for that phone, they will be made available on that site.

Best regards,

Lefty

• 2. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    joe.rella Regular Visitor

I looked at that site briefly; I didn't see drivers for any phones, just manuals.

I too am looking for a driver for the SCP-3810. If anyone knows where to get one it would be greatly appreciated. I bought a USB data cable but the driver disk doesn't appear to work. Very frustrating. I don't want to use it as a modem, I just want to transfer my address book from my old phone.

• 3. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    lefty_pacman Valued Member

The only software I was able to find was a program called DataPilot. Here's the link: http://www.datapilot.com/phonesupport/en_US/Sprint/Sanyo/2504/SCP-3810/. Problem is, the software is $29.95 USD and is not supported by Sprint. Just passing along some info.

Lefty

• 4. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Thanks Lefty.

• 5. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Guess I have the same problem.  Spoke with Sprint today as well as Sanyo.  Sanyo said Sprint would provide the drivers Sprint said they did not have them and Sanyo should provide the link..Not sure where to go now.

• 6. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    Levi4u Master

http://depositfiles.com/files/s6opo1isg

This driver WORKS for the Sanyo SCP-3810, unpack, install, when you plug in your phone point the install towards that folder where you unpacked it.

Found it here; http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604689&page=2&pp=15

• 7. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Can someone please help me get this driver to work.  I downloaded the file but nothing in it gives me the option to "install."  What am i doing wrong?  Thanks

• 8. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    leeanon78201 Newbie

@ loni49201 -

Sorry for being computer challenged but I was hoping you could give a bit more info about installing driver(s) for the SCP-3810.  I downloaded the zip file and extracted/unpacked/saved everything to my desktop.  Plugged in my phone and went to Device Manager.  The Sanyo was listed with an error symbol.  I clicked Action > Update Driver Software and the update driver software wizard appeared.  I selected Browse My Computer > Browse > Desktop and I got a prompt in the notification tray that drivers were being updated.  Then I got a notice that drivers were successfully installed.  But the phone was still not recognized by my computer.  When I checked Device Manager again all that had been installed was Susteen USB Cable Modem Driver, Susteen USB Cable Port Driver, and Susteen USB Driver.  My computer still would not recognize the phone as being connected via USB cable.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.  It's frustrating not being able to get photos from the phone to my computer without signing up for internet service thru Sprint.  Especially since the customer service rep assured me I could sync the phone to my computer without signing up for Sprint Picture Mail at an additional cost.

• 9. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    bigAZcat Newbie

I had the same experience.  It took a few times for the phone to be added to my system, but once I did get that done, I had the same experience as leeanon.  I can see the cable in device manager, it is supposedly working fine, but I cannot see the contents of the phone.

Any help on how to go in and explore the phone as if it were a device with a memory would sure be appreciated.

• 10. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    gfdsagfdsa Newbie

If you'll notice, I think you'll see that your phone's 'charging' lite now comes on when you plug it into USB.

That's all the driver does for me.

Sprint's not gonna help you with this.   Think about it.  If you were Sprint, wouldn't you prefer to let you pay

an extra monthly bite to use the functions of the phone?

• 11. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    bigAZcat Newbie

You are probably right, gfdsafgdsa.  I did search the Sanyo 3810 manual on the Sprint website and found an entry for data cable.  It says you can connect a data cable to the USB port.  I suspect there is funtionality in the phone that the Sprint version does not activate.

Maybe this is what I get for choosing this phone.  I may have to look at other carriers or a different phone if I can't find something on the web.

• 12. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Okay folks, calm down.

Earlier in this thread there was information posted about a program called DataPilot. To get access to your phone's pictures and address book through your PC, buy the available USB cable for the SCP-3810. Then buy a copy of DataPilot (it's far cheaper than subscribing to and using Sprint's ridiculous Picture Mail scam). Follow the installation instructions TO THE LETTER! I am an IT pro and it took me four times going through the procedure because I thought I knew what they wanted... don't think, just follow the instructions (provided with DataPilot) EXACTLY.

If you do that, you will be able to use the DataPilot program to interact with your phone. You can edit, upload, or download addresses, or download pictures from the phone (no upload at this time).

Again, it is important to follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so won't hurt your phone, but will make you frustrated that you can't get it working. It has to do with using the Susteen USB cable driver that comes with DataPilot rather than using the ser2pl.sys file... I can't give you all of the details (it has been awhile), but trust me, it does work.

- Joe

• 13. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    ivan2853mc@live.com Newbie

One shouldn't have to pay anything extra to get a device to work the way it was presented. I would not have bought this phone if I had known all this.

It's like buying a new car and having to immediately take it in to a shop and pay extra in order to make it run. I guess I am stuck waiting for Sanyo to make the drivers available, that is if I don't take this phone back and shove it up Sprint. Alas, that is probably not possible.

MMc

• 14. Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810
    leeanon78201 Newbie

@Joe.Rella

I followed your advice and calmed down.  I bought the DataPilot software and one of their data cables ($29.95 for the CD and $19.95 for the cable.)  Followed the instructions.  Phone did not sync to computer.  Contacted DataPilot tech support and let them remotely connect to my computer.  They could not get the phone to sync.  At least DataPilot has a 30 day money back guarantee and they refunded all my money.

@everyone else

Called Sprint to complain.  They told me I could return the SCP-3810 to any full-service Sprint phone store as long as I was within 30 days of original order.  My old phone would be reactivated.  Went to a full service store.  They charged me a $35.00 "restocking fee" for the privilege of returning the phone.  Seems like the extremely fine print on page 1,397,052 of the Sprint terms of service contract says you can return a phone within 30 days and there will be no restocking fee PROVIDED the returned phone was attached to a NEW ACCOUNT or a NEW LINE for an existing account.  If the phone was an UPGRADE to an EXISTING LINE OF SERVICE the $35.00 restocking fee would apply.  If you want to return the SCP-3810 be prepared to shell out an immediate $35.00 restocking fee.  I feel lucky in that I was able to get Sprint customer service (not the full service store) to adjust my monthly bill for the $35 after I complained loudly enough.

Hope this helps.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points