This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2010 4:14 PM by mquintana7 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

No one has answered my question about the loop hole.  My brother is in a pinch and wants to leave Sprint all together.  Is this real?  What are the limitations?

• 31. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Levi4u Master
    When You Don't Have To Pay An Early Termination Fee
    You aren't responsible for paying an Early Termination Fee when terminating Services: (a) provided on a month-to-month basis; (b) consistent with our published trial period return policy; or (c) in response to a materially adverse change we make to the Agreement as described directly below.
    Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
    We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes, and may provide you notice of non-material changes, in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section).If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.
    --------------------------------------------
    Per my post on page 1 of this thread.
    Sprint customers have 30 days from the receipt of the notice in the invoice to cancel service without a termination fee if one does not agree with the changes.
  • 32. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Expert

im on the phone with sprint now and they have stated that they cant cancel because they dont know about this change lol

EDIT - ok they are aware of the changes but said it has to appear on the bill first. After it appears i have 30 days.

Message was edited by: the_real_newman

• 33. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Expert

HeroZero wrote:

Well since all signs point to Verizon for the next iPhone provider, I am sure Sprint will be happy to collect your ETF and spread your bandwidth out to the rest of us.  Geez, who would use an iPhone when the Hero is perfect out of the box.

All of the signs? Which signs are those?

Do you mean the signs like the Verizon ads that stab Apple in the back with the "I have a Map for that" ads?

Or maybe you mean the signs like Apples slap back at Verizon with the I can be on the phone and surf the web, look up movie times and book a table all at the same time, can your network do that ads?

You have a knack for seeing the signs mate, can you give me this weeks lotto picks please?

• 34. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Valued Member

I didn't say the evidence was overwhelming, just that those are the only signs out there.  Your point with the commercials have no bearing on this since those are both network vs. network ads.  Now if you would have mentioned the island of misfit toys ad, you would have had a point.

• 35. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Expert

HeroZero wrote:

I didn't say the evidence was overwhelming, just that those are the only signs out there.  Your point with the commercials have no bearing on this since those are both network vs. network ads.  Now if you would have mentioned the island of misfit toys ad, you would have had a point.

I think that you'll find the Verizon "there's a map for that" ads are a direct shot a Apple's "there's an app for that" ads. Those are not AT&T ads.

And Apples shot back was "can your network do that". That was an Apple ad also, not an AT&T ad. My guess is that something broke down in the negotiations to get the iPhone to Verizon.

If you've been a Mac user and Steve Jobs follower as long as I have you'd know those Verizon commercials are as good as a last nail in the coffin. Steve Jobs would sooner release the iPhone on MetroPCS or Mom and Pop 3 customers cell service than Verizon now.

Of course if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my hat, switch to Verizon, pay them more per month and be glad that they allow me to do business with them...the iPhone is that f*cking good. Just not good enough to get me to go to AT&T.

BTW, AT&T did some stupid, limp retort ads back at Verizon using Luke Wilson that were so great I can't even remember them.

• 36. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Valued Member

Ahh, a Mac fanboy who hates AT&T.  That explains alot.

• 37. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Expert

HeroZero wrote:

Ahh, a Mac fanboy who hates AT&T.  That explains alot.

Well I guess when you run out of facts you can just call me a name...

• 38. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Regular Visitor
    Geez, who would use an iPhone when the Hero is perfect out of the box.

Yeah, not so much. Even after the maintenance release, my all-day calendar appointments still show a day early on the event details screen and in the calendar widget, entering a new appointment into the calendar results in duplicate events, dialing contacts creates duplicate entries each with their own "default ringtone," my battery life sometimes lasts less than 4 hours and usually not more than 6, my phone sometimes won't ring when receiving calls (the well-known ring delay) resulting in calls going straight to voicemail, and several times a day the lag on the phone is so bad I just want to chuck the thing as far as I can. I only paid $20 less for this phone than I previously did the iPhone, and there is NO COMPARISON.

The thing is, I love Android and don't even mind the delay to 2.0, but this hardware is just not working for me and I've had nothing but problems from Sprint. I'm definitely leaving After Jan. 1 when the three new fees on my account take effect (the regulatory fee increase, the $4.99 fee for not signing up for autopay, and the all-new "Ohio Tax Recovery Fee") raising my total service cost by 5%. I'll gladly pay more for a phone that actually does what it is supposed to and for a service provider who doesn't flat-out lie to me.

• 39. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Regular Visitor

I'm considering using this loophole to avoid the ETF, but does anyone know if I can port my number to another carrier as well? It would be best if I could somehow go month-to-month so when I ported there would be no ETF. Thanks.

• 40. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    johnkirchner1 Expert

Yes, you can port your number to another carrier.  You have to do it during the 30 day timeframe.  Supposedly the Sprint billing system will know that there will be no ETF and not charge it.  Even if you port it and get hit with the ETF, call CS and tell them you should not have it due to the changes.

• 41. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

troyboytn wrote:

no matter....still constitutes termination without ETF. also there will be another .40 cent charge addition that will work the same way. no matter what it may be, if Sprint changes their end of the agreement this opens an early out for the customer.

So you will terminate your contract with Sprint and pay more with another carrier???

Does not compute here. I am staying with Sprint and I have 4 lines with auto pay and no spending limit

• 42. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Regular Visitor

Well, it is true that Sprint has the best deal, but we have Verizon FIOS for internet and TV, so bundling wireless in would be a discount for us that would just about equal Sprint. Plus we wouldn't need to rely on an Airave in our house for signal. Plus, I'm looking to see if the HTC Passion comes to VZW in the next few weeks as the rumor says.

I have to say though, now that we DO have the Airave, our coverage is great. I'm just considering the switch, nothing in stone.

• 43. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

I always wait until the end of my contract to make major changes.

From my experience, cs reps do not always know what they are doing and I try not to deal with them. If you are lucky to get a rep that knows what he or she is doing then you may get a good deal otherwise you waist time and money

I cannot put a price on the time wasted dealing with cs

Just my 2 cents

• 44. Re: ETF loophole upcoming at first of year

Essentially, what you would do is sign up for service at another provider that gives u 30 days to test their service. Then port your number over there. Then port it back to Sprint as a new customer a week or so later on a month to month service.

Case closed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...