This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 10:04 PM by cpress Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

travisr528 wrote:

You are getting the tri-color screen. This is because your phone is unlocked. This is not a problem with your phone, most likely it has a custom rom and it had a bad flash.

If that's the case try to search http://www.ppcgeeks.com/ forums for the original Sprint stock rom

• 16. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    Regular Visitor

I took the replacement phone back to a sprint repair center the next day. The guy ended up giving me the touch pro 2! If it wasn't for SERO I would have left a long time ago.

• 17. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

I am in somewhat of a similiar boat: within 1 year, I have had 2 phones, now onto my third which will arrive on Monday.  I was told by a manager over the phone that there is something called a 'well program' that states if your phone is replaced 4 times you will be offered something comprabable, brand new but you need to pay for the insurance which I do.  My issues included: software faulty, chaging inconsistent, GPS application inconsistent, and email reply issues.  On top of that, my account was hacked and my bill was $443 over what it should be...

Sigh.

• 18. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

I have had nothing but problems with my Touch Pro. i actually paid for it from Sprint and they won't help me. They previously sent me replacement phones but they all broke of no fault of mine. Faulty screens, bad batteries, random reboots, won't turn on, open the keyboard the phone turns off etc.The touch pro is a lemon of a phone and yet they still won't give me a TP 2 to replace it. I find it incredible the poor service they can give with THEIR own product....

• 19. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

Since the reps in the store are not helping, my advice would be to call retention.

Most people having problem with TP have a replacement with TP2.

• 20. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

I was lucky to get the situation escalated to Executive customer service.  I first attempted to resolve this by dialing *2 on my phone, they were no help.  I then called the business customer service line and talked to a competent rep.  Between these two contacts, I also emailed sprint and received a response within 24 hours!  I am now awaiting a call from them..

I am actually dealing with the crappy hardware/software as well as some fraudulent billing/downloads.  A double-whammy!

• 21. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!!I have had similar problems with the TP1. I bought this phone from Best Buy before Sprint started selling it.  I was that excited about getting what at the time was suppose to be the best smart phone on the market. UGH!!!!
    boggie557 Regular Visitor

I have had similar problems with the TP1. I bought this phone from Best Buy before Sprint started selling it.  I was that excited about getting what at the time was suppose to be the best smart phone on the market. 

Best Buy had so many complaints about the phone that they stopped selling it.  The phone has several documented issues like the battery heating up, phone freezing,  cutting off and on for no reason, etc.  The main problem I see is the Activesync activating for no reason and if you don’t close it the phone will freeze.  I have been through 3 tp’s.  Mostly with screen issues.  I think this is because the phone will cut on automatically and the screen just burns out from excessive use.  A lot of people use custom roms because Sprint puts a lot of apps on that slow the phone down.  The part that gets me is Sprint is aware of these issues and in some cases they will trade the phone for another model but in most cases like mine,  they continue to pass out refurbished phones. Verizon started out selling this phone and has since discontiued this model.  For those of you that have one that works correctly go out and buy a lotto ticket while you are still lucky!!!

• 22. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

everything was wrong with my TP (would turn off on it's own randomly, keyboard stopped functioning, activesync was always on for NO reason, i got the "Security Unlocked" screen, would not ring or let me answer incoming calls, etc) and it was my 4th replacement! so I called customer service on Saturday and I was HEATED!!! they placed a ticket for me to get a new phone different model. I went to the local sprint store Sunday, gave them the ticket number, they placed the order for a TP2,  Tuesday, i went and picked up my TP2 and i must say, the TP2 is way better than the TP by far in all aspects thus far EXCEPT this annoying SMS Error notification that won't go away but as you can imagine, this is something I am more than willing to deal with

• 23. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

Same problem here with HTC TOUCH PRO low battery life, keyboard no longer workin and re starts by it self. Went in to a Sprint Store not a authorized reseller but an actual Sprint store and told the Retail Consultant that I wanted to file a claim and have my phone replaced for the 4th and last time. I have been a Sprint customer for 2 years now and Im currently off contract. Well the Retail Consultant gave me great news, she said that model phone has been so problematic and that I could have my Touch Pro replaced for one of the following phones. HTC Touch Pro2, Palm Pre, Samsung phone or a Blackberry phone of course I choose the Touch Pro2 even though it lacks a Flash . The new replacement should arrive Monday @ the Sprint Store so I would just advice anyone to go to an actual Sprint store and see how they can put you into a new replacement phone for FREE well not really theres the $50 Asurion deductible but its worth it. $50 for a $$599 phone you cant beat that after months and months of problems with your old Touch Pro.

• 24. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    Levi4u Master

@nicolasmtz2002, I was excited when I started reading your post, They were actually replacing someone's Touch Pro without a hassle. The Touch Pro has been an issue, They know it has defects and if anyone comes in with issues they are to offer them a replacement from the WEL list of phones. Which they have not been doing even after 4 or 5+ replacements. Then I got to the end of your post where they were charging you $50. When you go back get your money back or call account services and demand a credit, THEY ARE NOT supposed to be charging you to replace it.

See attached image.

WEL.jpg

• 25. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

I am happy that they are getting you out of the phone, but I must agree with Levi4u, go back and get your money, you shouldn't have to pay for anything for your new phone, this is not a replacement because of something you did. I received my touch pro 2 absolutely free and you should too. Good luck with the touch pro 2, I am still having problems with HTC's product. I am tired of these hi-tech phones that has so many issues.

• 26. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

I’ve experienced the exact same problems with now two HTC Touch Pro’s. My first HTC touch pro had the exact same issues as Cashmeredk stated then it completely wouldn’t turn on, the screen went black but it would still notify me with sound for incoming calls and text message. So then Sprint sent me a new or refurbished HTC Touch pro and now it’s starting to do the same thing. I’m currently attempting to call it a loss before it completely stops working and sell it to some poor unsuspecting buyer on Craigs List. The other sad part is I plan on getting another first generation Instinct M800 since I didn’t have any issues with it and it seemed to be pretty reliable.. It sucks that you have to down grade your phone with Sprint because they can’t properly fix the issues at hand, especially when your as they say it “loyal Sprint Premier Customer” you would think they would want to keep your business and you happy, I guess not.. I must say this will be my last year with Sprint I’m going to move on to the New Iphone 4G for 2010 once it’s released. I’ll be sure to let everyone know if the grass is greener…

Message was edited by: avalonxxlt

Message was edited by: avalonxxlt

• 27. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!! (SOLUTION! - sort of)
    pulpstressjns8 Newbie

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's had issues with HTC Touch Pro.  As much as I loved my old phone, it was far too glitchy.  Ironically, Activesync worked fine on my first phone, but once I had that one replaced, my computer stopped recognising my device.  Occasionally, something would pop up, but then it would go dead again.

Like a few of you here, Sprint upgraded me to HTC Touch Pro 2.  I have to say, I've had the phone for about 2 days now and it works great.  There were a few glitches at first, but now that I've gotten the hang of using it, I must say, I'm in love.  One problem though...  Activesync STILL won't work...

So after months and months of research and digging though all the forums and complaints (starting from when the problem began), I FINALLY found a program that works about 2 days ago.  It's called Funambol (www.funambol.com) and it appears to be totally free!  All you do is download the program to both your computer and mobile, modify your settings, and BAM, you're sync'd.  The slight downside is that your sync'd items must go onto a separate server in order to create the exchange, but to me, that's a small price to pay to not have to pull anymore hair out lol.

I've come to the conclusion that Activesync is simply not compatible with HTC mobiles or the glitch is to do with an incompatibility in the software of both parties, and it's a shame how they've allowed so many folks to waste their hard earned money.  There are literally thousands of complaints on this, going back quite a few years, and I have YET to see a REAL solution that genuinely works.  I hope this post helps someone to finally find a resolution!

• 28. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    angel489 Newbie

All I will say is I had a touch pro and it was a piece of ****, I hated it so bad, I had nothing but problems and I am also shocked when I hear anyone say they have no problems with this phone, I upgraded to the TP2 and this phone is AWESOME, I would NEVER recommend a touch pro to anyone it was nothing but a huge headache for me I hated that phone with a passion.

• 29. Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!
    WmLopez-Realtor Newbie

Take it to the store, HA!!!... Every time that I take it there, they just tell me that they've never heard of any problems with this phone.  Even when I go back to the same person that I spoke to the previous month.  They keep denying that anything is wrong with the phone. 

I love the phones features, but I hate when my phone randomly turns on and off.  It slows down to a crawl. It resets while I'm writing/reading e-mails and goes to the main screen.  It locks up for now reason. It turns on in the middle of the night, so it drains itself while charging.  I've woken up to a plugged in phone with one bar on the battery. It rings and vibrates without stopping, this causes such a drain on the battery that it heats up like crazy and can only recover by yanking the battery out. 

I like Sprint, but can't afford to upgrade to a new phone.  I'm strapped for cash and had to give up a few things to buy this phone for work.  It really helped me close a few deals.  But now it's reliability is affecting my reliability and everyone is passing me up.  Ugghhhh... Worse part about Sprint is that I'm a 10+ year customer and all they offer is the same discount that new customers get.  What an insult!

If it wasn't for ATT's rude service and crazy pricing, I would be there in a heartbeat.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points