This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2011 12:06 AM by salvdali RSS

Samsung Moment USB connection

Currently Being Moderated

I recently bought 2 Samsung moments and I tried to use the usb connection to move pictures and music from my PC. When I connect the usb to the phone neither my PC or my phone recognizes the connection. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with sprint tech supp. who stated there is no cd for this phone and were unable to resolve the issue. I went to Sprint and they hooked my phone up to their equipment and the usb icon immediately appeared. I then called HP to see if they could help me find a driver with no luck. Can anyone tell me how to get a connection with this phone to move files from my PC?

• 1. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    dark_dj27 Regular Visitor

Try "Samsung Pc Studio" it has all the drivers needed for the phone. I had the same problem and installing it cleared it up.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Telephony-SMS-GSM/Samsung-PC-Studio.shtml

• 2. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

Hey dark dj thanks for the reply. I tried to download the pc studio but keeps telling me that don't have sufficient rights and to change my settings to administrator. Iam set on administrator so now what? I sent them a msg as well. I'm ready to try 2 cans and a string soon.

• 3. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    dark_dj27 Regular Visitor

If you have Windows Vista try the follwing steps.

1. Right-click the file and select Properties.
    2. Click on the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced in the lower right.
    4. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
    5. Click Edit.
    6. Click Other users or groups.
    7. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
    8. Click Find Now.
    9. Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
    10. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
    11. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
    12. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
    13. You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.

Im not to sure how to do it on Windows XP. These steps may work for Windows 7 but I do not have much experience with 7.

Message was edited by: dark_dj27

• 4. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    Regular Visitor

hi, I also just purchased a Samsung Moment.  I had the same problem with the USB Connection.  After searching several places for help, I found the help I need by going to the Android.  Go to Settings on your phone, tap Development and UNCHECK the box for USB debugging then reconnect your USB.  It was as simple as that.  Hope this helps.  It worked for me after I did it.

• 5. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    uninventiveheart Valued Member

Post deleted by user.

• 6. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

At much as I grew to hate my HTC, I really miss the ability to connect it to my PC & share files between my PC and my phone.  I'm trying to add photos to my Samsung Moment M900.  I've downloded the PC Studio, but can't get it to recognize my phone through the USB port.  II've changed ports, restarted the PC, restarted the phone - nothing is working.  I don't have 'Development' in the settings. And there was no "turn on USB Connection" in my alerts - but when I checked the SD card settings it showed an option to unmount it, so I'm assuming it's mounted. Any ideas?

I read a few of the reviews for PC Studio - none of them were good.  One poster suggested skipping it & sharing files through the Media Player explorer.  I opened Media Player - but didn't find any way to 'find' my phone.  When I first plug my phone into my PC (how I charge it), I get the pop up that new hardware has been found - but it doesn't find any software to install it.

• 7. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

First of all thank you again. I just finished setting up my 2 phones. This response was the most direct and correct one. That's not to say that the other responses i received were not good, but this was the easiest. The correct path to anyone who's phone does not respond when they connect the USB cable is: Menu: Settings, Applciations, Developement then uncheck USB Debugging.

• 8. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

I have the same problem. I just bought a moment and tried to hook the USB to my computer (windows vista). The USB shows up on the phone but the computer doesn't recognize it. Tried downloading Samsung PC Studio, but it wouldnt allow me. What should I try next?  Getting very frustated.....

• 9. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

kanguish wrote:

I have the same problem. I just bought a moment and tried to hook the USB to my computer (windows vista). The USB shows up on the phone but the computer doesn't recognize it. Tried downloading Samsung PC Studio, but it wouldnt allow me. What should I try next?  Getting very frustated.....

did you try this?

Go to Settings on your phone, tap Development and UNCHECK the box for USB debugging then reconnect your USB

• 10. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    Regular Visitor

I also had this problem when I first did it as well.  I found the quickest and easiest way was to

1.  Connect USB cable, then you see USB icon in Notifications

2.  Pull down notifications screen and touch USB connected

3.  A pop up window will appear and you want to choose to Mount

After the 3rd step is completed the computer should recognize the hardware right away.  This sounds like too many steps, why not just have the computer automatically see the hardware.  Well I use my USB to charge my phone from the USB drive on my car cd player.  It would reek havoc trying to play the songs stored on the drive if this option wasn't available.

Hope this helps

EDIT:  I think when you are finished officially you can repeat steps 1, 2, and choose turn off in step 3 to "safely prepare SD card for phone"  I remember to do this 50% of the time and haven't noticed any bad effects when I don't remember. 

Message was edited by: IFORGIT

• 11. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

Pull down the notifications window at the top, tap the USB connected icon, then tap mount. You should see a pop up window that says removable disc> Choose open folder to view files. From there you can drag over pictures and music etc. from whatever source you are using.

• 12. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

I already tried that and it still doesnt work. Thanks for the assistance

• 13. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection

I followed what #11 and it worked. My computer never recognized the phone so to speak...It was my J drive and I dragged songs from I-tunes right into the J drive and it worked....Finally!!!! 

• 14. Re: Samsung Moment USB connection
    Ellenkm Newbie

What do I do if the usb icon does not show on the phone when I connect the two? Do you have any suggestions.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points