This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2010 6:36 PM by myers1956 RSS

Not receiving monthly electronic bill

c_brookhart Bronze Expert
Currently Being Moderated

I discontinued paper billing for my account a while back, and signed up for ebills. Beginning in November 2009, I started receiving a text message on my phone around the time when the ebill would normally be sent, indicating that ebill delivery failed. I called customer service about this in November, and they seemed to indicate that this was something associated with the credit card authorization -- that didn't seem to make any sense. Again in December, I received the same text message as the previous month. I once again called customer service about this and they indicated that they went into my account and setup ebilling (even though that option was already selected). I was assured that this time, everything was all set and that I would receive my bill electronically in January.

Just the other day, I received a text messsage indicating that ebill delivery failed. I called the customer service number and followed the prompts to get to billing. They looked at the account and confirmed that the correct e-mail address was in the system for the ebill delivery. Billing then transferred me to finance and I had to start over again with explaining the issue. Finance couldn't do much and was going to send me back to billing. I sent an e-mail to customer service about this and the response I got was "as your concern is technical in nature, we request that you speak with technical support."

I do have one e-mail filter in place so that messages identified as junk will go to the junk mail or deleted items folder. I have looked in those folders in addition to looking in the inbox, and have realized that this issue of not receiving my ebills has been going on for some time, but I have only recently been notified about this via text message. I've tried working with my ISP to see if there was a reason why they might be blocking the messages from Sprint, but without a message for reference, there is no way for my ISP to investigate a possible blocked domain.

Sprint ---- please help me get this issue resolved. I'd like to not have to call in and get transferred around to different departments. I have since changed the e-mail address for the ebill delivery. Since the January bill didn't go out, isn't there a way that Sprint can go into the system and send the bill back out in order to test if the ebill will be received at the new e-mail address?

• 1. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    IzzyKS Sprint Employee

Please send me a private message with your account and contact information so I can foward to Care.

• 2. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

Did you find a solution? I have been having the same problem since November too and called customer service last month and they changed my e-mail to one of my other ones (even though the one on there was CORRECT). Well sure enough I got the text again today. Sucks too they send it to ALL five phones on my account. Annoying! Hopefully they fixed it for you?

• 3. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

Sprint still has not been able to figure out why I'm not receiving my e-bill. I too have changed the main e-mail address on the account to an alternate one, but still have not received the e-bill. The only solution provided so far is to add the e-bill delivery address (sprintebill@sprint.delivery.net) into my contacts that way the message isn't blocked. I'll have to wait and see if the April bill is successfully delivered.

When I have asked about this in the store, they look up my account in the store system and see that it wasn't set for e-billing. The problem is, it's always been set for e-billing, and I confirm this when I login and look at my account settings. The associate in the store changes the billing method to electronic and then exits out of my account and goes back in to verify the change took place. The setting was never saved. I'm thinking that since I have my account set for electronic billing but the Sprint computer system doesn't have it set that way, the system doesn't know what to do.

• 4. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

Yeah I had the same problem. When I called last month, they said it wasn't set to do E-bill yet I know it has been for the past several months (I haven't gotten a paper bill for a long time now). They said they turned it on and it should work but yet again this month I got the same old text message. I chatted with customer service to complain but they said my E-mail must be filtering it out....though G-mail still keeps SPAM in a separate folder, but I didn't see anything from Sprint in my SPAM folder, plus how would they know if it didn't go through if it went to my SPAM folder? The lady told me to call tech support which I haven't done yet. She also gave me the same thing to add to my e-mails safe senders list which I will do and see what happens in April. The lady I chatted with last month told me they could fix it by sending me paper bills instead! Thanks a lot!!! LOL....

• 5. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

I also have been having the SAME issue for the last 5 months, however the text message is also sent to ALL the phones on my account, I have called numerous times, I finally changed my billing from ebill back to paper and then re-submitted my ebill request and then instantly received an e-mail from E-Bill Welcoming me! I am extremely hopeful that this has solved my issue.

• 6. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

Good luck I hope that works! I may just do that if Sprint can't figure it out soon. I can't complain too much the last lady I talked to actually offered to give me a $50 service credit for my troubles! I love how much Sprint has been sucking up to its customers! :-)

• 7. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    FIREBALL1000 Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. I've been on ebilling for probably two or three years with no problems. Then I started getting the 'Ebill delivery failed' text messages late last year, or right around the first of this year.

Mine is set up to send to a gmail address, if that helps. I've looked through the spam folder and there's nothing from sprint there.

I think something has gone wrong on Sprint's end.

• 8. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

I agree that it is on Sprints end. Both of my e-mail addresses are Gmail also, not sure if that is the problem. But it does seem like it started around November time frame for everyone that has this issue.

• 9. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    IzzyKS Sprint Employee

Please feel free to send me a PM with your account and call back information so I can ask for assistance from our care department. Thanks so much.

• 10. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    JADEHART Newbie

Well, this has been happening to me since around the same time as the original post...about 6 months now.  I tried calling customer service last month in what amounted to be a very painful 20 minute phone call.  Like the other posts, they just kept telling me to change my spam settings on my email.  IT IS NOT THE SPAM GUARD.  I checked to make sure - at the very least the email should be going into the "Spam" folder but it has never showed up.  The problem is clearly on Sprint's end.

I have also tried doing what another poster recommended - changing back to paper billing, then switching back again to E-bill.  I did this and even left it set as paper billing for about a month, and actually received a paper bill in the email.  This month I changed it back to E-bill, and what do you know, a few days ago I get another text saying "E-bill delivery failed."  Six months of this is absolutely ridiculous, considering it seems like many people are having the same issue.  Sprint - you need to figure this out...the problem is on YOUR end.

• 11. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill

I've had my e-bill issue being worked on at the corporate level, and have been in monthly contact with corporate for about the past six months. Nothing could specifically be identified as the cause of this issue. Whenever I changed anything on my account, I got an e-mail from Sprint. I even got advertisement e-mails from Sprint, so I think that indicates that the Sprint e-mail system is working unless e-billing is seperate from the rest of the communication that Sprint sends out. I noticed that after the site redesign, that my billing preferences got changed. I put the billing back on electronic, and am hoping that this will work.

I find it amazing that this e-bill feature hasn't worked for over six months, and it seems that there isn't anything that can be done to figure out why the bills aren't being delivered.

• 12. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    JADEHART Newbie

Yeah my billing preferences were changed too, and I changed it back to e-bill.  But like I said, I got another delivery failure a few days ago.  Are they still technically working on it for you or did they just give you the run-around then give up?  I'd be interested to see when/if your case is resolved so if you wouldn't mind posting any further updates here, I will definitely be paying attention.  Thanks for the info.

• 13. Re: Not receiving monthly electronic bill
    myers1956 Newbie

I've had this same problem for almost 2 years.  It's absurd.  Sprint is even charging me 20 cents for the "ebill failed" text message!  I am no longer under contract and have just sent an email informing them that I will no longer be a sprint customer if they cannot send me a simple ebill AND credit all of those 20 cent charges.  Good luck getting it fixed.  I'm not holding my breath (I'd have been dead long ago if I did!).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...