This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 8:24 AM by mountaineers64 RSS

BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem

Currently Being Moderated

Hi I am having battery problems with a BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone.  It will not keep a charge; is anyone else having a problem?

• 1. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem
    johnydubbs Expert

I have had some problems with it yes  I have even made sure wifi is off unless i need it  as that drians battery life on most phones thus far if im lucky i can get a day and a half out of t  vs . 2 1/2 - 3 on my old 8330.

• 2. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem

I have only had the 8530 for a week and it won't charge either! Also I've problems with the screen going black right after ending a call. Anyone else have this problem?

• 3. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem

I am having the same charging problem.  I turned off the WiFi, and lowered the backlight time to 20 seconds, but that didn't help.  I've had this phone for a week.  I had my previous Curve for less than a month, when the keyboard froze, so I got the replacement phone, and it won't charge.  I love the features the phone offers, but I have to wonder about the quality.

Speaking from experience, Sprint will replace your phone in the first 30 days for a manufacturer defect, (such as a frozen keyboard or charging issue).  But the replacement phone will not have an additional 30 days, only the balance.  They talked me into buying the insurance.  I guess we'll see how that works when I return this one for the charging defect.

• 4. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem
    Regular Visitor

it might be your battery or charger? if your under warrenty try exchanging again.. if not you might want to look at boxwave.com they might have something for your device~

gl-

• 5. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem

Yes same problem here and mine is a company phone. My company plans on buying like 15 more but I am going to tell them to hold off until I can figure out what is wrong with it. It doesn't hold a charge and it seems to only charge when the clock that comes on when the charger is first pluged in shows. If you hit the back button to check emails and remove the clock from the screen, it stops charging.

• 6. Re: BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone battery problem

The problem stopped for me when I completely drained the battery and did a full recharge.  Since then, I charge it every night, with "Full Power Off."  A charge lasts two days, now, if I need it to, (although I don't use it as much as some people do.)  I had the same clock issue you refer to.  That's because it wasn't fully powered off.  It does seem to be an inherent engineering problem, but can be circumvented by doing the full power off.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...