This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 8:38 PM by dunkster11 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    Currently Being Moderated

Alright, I soooo wish I knew this before I got another phone.

When it asks for your username, try putting your first and last name like firstlast@sprintpcs.com and then enter your phone number as the password. A friend of mine said they did this, and it worked.

If it doesnt work with your name, try the name of the account holder and see if that works. If it doesn't then I'd suggest trying a different route.

• 31. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    Regular Visitor

PS, I know my typing was rough in my last post, I am typing on my laptop while riding in a car...  Air card...  so deal with the typos....  Anyways...  What I say still stands.

• 32. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    Regular Visitor

So when you dont get your way you start threatening that we will "loose all our data" and all that ****?

Dude do you even know what website i own?

I will give you a hint.. it starts with sdx then is "-" then ends with developers and a .com in there aswell...

• 33. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    Regular Visitor

You lock yourself out of your phone and cant get back in you have 5 choices as far as I know of right now...

1.) live with it.

2.) What I call the half lock system, where you can enter your phone through a security glitch, however this doesn't completely solve your problem as you are still locked out, just with a glitch ability to get back in...  kinda...

3.)Take it to Sprint which results in reflashing and equates to factory reset and loss of data, or....

4.)Getting a new or refurbed phone, still equating in loss of data

and finally

5.)MY solution which equals no lass of data, no reflash, no hassles, no new phones.... 100% unlocked...

Your choice...

• 34. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    GENEVIEVEWILLIAMS Newbie

I just used 'null' as the password for my google email account and it bypassed everything. I was able to get back into the phone without doing anything special or sending $5 to anyone. Let me know if it works for you.

• 35. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    Regular Visitor

I hope this works, by all means.  I doubt it will but if it does that's awesome.  I have not tried it, and since I already unlocked my phone bypassing the glitch everyone else is stuck at I won't be able to test it out.

• 36. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    wasbakntyme Bronze Expert

Mr. Seaton, if your program is so important to the future of Sprint that the CEO himself will be negotiating with you for the rights to use it, why are you still begging for $5 "donations"?  Surely you will be a multi-millionaire in mere days...

• 37. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

I had the same problem. I called Sprint and they wanted me to go to the nearest store and they can reset the phone. I was hoping there was an easier way to bypass it. I googled it and luckily someone found a way to get past it. All you have to do is call the Locked phone and while it's ringing, hang up on the other phone and press the "Home" button, (not to be mistaken for the "Menu" button) repeatedly. If done correctly, it should send you to, you guessed it, the Home screen! Simply go to your setting and change or delete the pattern. It may ask you to draw the pattern, it did for me. This, as far as i know, a temporary fix. When i turn my phone on, it still says its locked and i need to type in my Gmail adress and password, but when you slide the keyboard open, it sends you to the home screen.

• 38. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment
    GENEVIEVEWILLIAMS Newbie

Type in the word null. It should bypass it all.

-Gen

• 39. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

I wanted to remind everyone of this totally free solution posted earlier in this thread. By following these instructions, you will restore your phone's settings (pre-lockout) without losing any data.

"I had this problem today, and here is how I solved it while keeping all of my programs and data.

I called my phone from my computer using iCall, (http://icall.com/) and followed the advice here to get access to my phone settings: http://www.google.ru/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=0844ae7b3c1c03ff&hl=en

I wanted to be able to use the lock feature again, so I backed up my programs and data using MyBackup from the Sprint Market. I removed my SD card (there's a setting on your phone to do it safely), and then I followed the instructions below for returning my phone to the factory default settings.

**copied from SarahKS's post in this thread:

Resetting the device restores all the factory defaults,including the ringer types and display settings. All data, including downloaded applications are deleted.

Important: Back up your important data before you perform a factory reset of the device.

1. Press > and tap > SD card & phone storage > Factory data reset. (You will see a disclaimer.)
    2. Read the disclaimer and tap Reset phone.
    3. If required, draw your unlock pattern to confirm the reset process.
    4. If you are certain that you would like to restore all factory settings, tap Erase everything.

Important: Only third-party applications can be uninstalled. Applications preinstalled on the device can not be removed.

Important: Back up your important data before you perform a factory reset of the device.**

After my phone's original settings had been restored, I went to the Market and downloaded MyBackup again. I ran the restore feature for my programs and for my data, and now my phone is back to it's former state - pre-lockout.

This should save everyone a trip to the Sprint store, and you don't have to lose any of your data!"

To the Sprint Admins: Maybe it would be helpful for other Moment users with this problem if the title of this thread were edited to show that this problem has a solution?

• 40. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

Okay everyone I have figured out a COMPLETE way to unlock your samsung moment.

**This may be long but it works!

I was messing with my phone playing with the pattern lock and I got locked out of my phone. I've only owned my phone for 3 weeks!

It then asked for my gmail account and password. Of course that did not work. What did I do? I turned to these forums and found out some good tips that lead me to my answer.

First,

1>>You have to use a house phone or a friends cell phone, whatever kind of phone, and call yourself.

2>>Answer it. Then hang up and immediately keep pressing the touch "home" key on your phone until magically you are in your phone! (may take a few calls before you actually time it right.)

3>>Problem solved! WRONG! you then need to go to your settings and disable your pattern lock.

4>>Problem solved! WRONG AGAIN! Once you turn your screen off, it still says locked and you cannot unlock it without opening and closing your

keyboard. (pain in the *** if you ask me.)

5>>Here is the answer after that. Forget the taking your phone in and having it hard reset or replaced.

6>>You simply must just get to a computer, log in to your gmail account online and change your password manually from there.

7>>Upon doing that, go to Settings>Data Synchronization>GMail.

8>>IT WILL NOT SYNC! You must pull your "Notification Bar" down and click the "Sync" Process.

9>>It will then ask you to confirm your gmail password.

10>>Type in that "new" password you have chosen online and let it authenticate.

11>>After authenticating.. Kablam! your phone is now back to it's original unlock pattern!

I hope this thread helped. It will only help as long as you knew your original lock pattern.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I am so relieved it worked for me even though I was able to back my contacts up

after the third step.

If worse comes to worse, you are always able to sync your contacts to your computer after step 3.

GOOD LUCK!

• 41. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

Okay everyone I have figured out a COMPLETE way to unlock your samsung moment.

**This may be long but it works!

I was messing with my phone playing with the pattern lock and I got locked out of my phone. I've only owned my phone for 3 weeks!

It then asked for my gmail account and password. Of course that did not work. What did I do? I turned to these forums and found out some good tips that lead me to my answer.

First,

1>>You have to use a house phone or a friends cell phone, whatever kind of phone, and call yourself.

2>>Answer it. Then hang up and immediately keep pressing the touch "home" key on your phone until magically you are in your phone! (may take a few calls before you actually time it right.)

3>>Problem solved! WRONG! you then need to go to your settings and disable your pattern lock.

4>>Problem solved! WRONG AGAIN! Once you turn your screen off, it still says locked and you cannot unlock it without opening and closing your

keyboard. (pain in the *** if you ask me.)

5>>Here is the answer after that. Forget the taking your phone in and having it hard reset or replaced.

6>>You simply must just get to a computer, log in to your gmail account online and change your password manually from there.

7>>Upon doing that, go to Settings>Data Synchronization>GMail.

8>>IT WILL NOT SYNC! You must pull your "Notification Bar" down and click the "Sync" Process.

9>>It will then ask you to confirm your gmail password.

10>>Type in that "new" password you have chosen online and let it authenticate.

11>>After authenticating.. Kablam! your phone is now back to it's original unlock pattern!

I hope this thread helped. It will only help as long as you knew your original lock pattern.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I am so relieved it worked for me even though I was able to back my contacts up

after the third step.

If worse comes to worse, you are always able to sync your contacts to your computer after step 3.

GOOD LUCK!

• 42. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

HI!

Ok, so I just had the same trouble most of you have had.  My son played with the cell too much and locked it.  So I followed the popular answer of calling from another phone, hanging up that phone and pressing ferociously the Home button until it unlocks the screen, it did (yay!). I also figured out how to get rid of the locked screen once and for all without having to open the keyboard each time. Although you will need to know your account info to do this.  Here's what I did...

1- Do the first step mentioned before.

2-  You will notice that in the notifications bar there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Access it and a capcha screen will appear, enter the letters.  You'll see the google account, which if entered correctly will be verified and authenticated.

[Now I found that my google username and psswrd needed to be authenticated by entering the capcha thing, but since obviously you are locked out of the screen you can't access it in the first place, which is why the phone tells you that the account info is incorrect.  I suppose that's a phone glitch or however it's named]

3- Go to the Main Menu (screenbutton on top of the Menu button) -- Settings -- Security & Location and disable the Require pattern option.

4- Turn the phone off and on and just like tsawlrite said, the screen will appear to be locked.  Enter once again your username and password.  Since the account is verified the phone will tell you to enter a new pattern lock.

5- Enter a new pattern, easy to remember like the shape of an L or a Square or whatever is easiest for you.  Confirm the new pattern.

6- Your screen is UNLOCKED!!!

You can either keep this new pattern or disable it using step #3.

I really hope this is of help for anyone in future reference!!!

God Bless!

PS If you forgot username or password, you'll have to find out through a computer and once you have that in order follow the steps... ok, bye!

Message was edited by: Lyndsay7

• 43. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

HI!

Ok, so I just had the same trouble most of you have had.  My son played with the cell too much and locked it.  So I followed the popular answer of calling from another phone, hanging up that phone and pressing ferociously the Home button until it unlocks the screen, it did (yay!). I also figured out how to get rid of the locked screen once and for all without having to open the keyboard each time. Although you will need to know your account info to do this.  Here's what I did...

1- Do the first step mentioned before.

2-  You will notice that in the notifications bar there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Access it and a capcha screen will appear, enter the letters.  You'll see the google account, which if entered correctly will be verified and authenticated.

[Now I found that my google username and psswrd needed to be authenticated by entering the capcha thing, but since obviously you are locked out of the screen you can't access it in the first place, which is why the phone tells you that the account info is incorrect.  I suppose that's a phone glitch or however it's named]

3- Go to the Main Menu (screenbutton on top of the Menu button) -- Settings -- Security & Location and disable the Require pattern option.

4- Turn the phone off and on and just like tsawlrite said, the screen will appear to be locked.  Enter once again your username and password.  Since the account is verified the phone will tell you to enter a new pattern lock.

5- Enter a new pattern, easy to remember like the shape of an L or a Square or whatever is easiest for you.  Confirm the new pattern.

6- Your screen is UNLOCKED!!!

You can either keep this new pattern or disable it using step #3.

I really hope this is of help for anyone in future reference!!!

God Bless!

PS If you forgot username or password, you'll have to find out through a computer and once you have that in order follow the steps... ok, bye!

• 44. Re: Locked out of Samsung Moment

Please go to post entitled "How to unlock a locked Samsung Moment".  I believe I've figured out a quality work around that will get you back to as you were without having to do a factory reset (therefore not losing any personal data on your phone).  I'd post it here but can't cut and paste and I'm not willing to retype the entire entry. 

Good luck,

Nalpok

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...