This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2010 6:16 AM by el5273 RSS

Poor customer service from sprint

Currently Being Moderated

In a recent chat with chat to get help on certain issues, I experienced the worst customer in my life.  I along with many others pay way too much money monthly to even have to go through such painstaking obstacles to not be helped at all.

more to come including actual chat with customer service rep.

Also, more links and web pages where major complaints can be posted such as this one,

Message was edited by: curtcantu

• 1. Re: Poor customer service from sprint

Sprint needs to UPGRADE! its customer service. Now they charging you for next months usage this month. That to me is ABSURDED!!!

• 2. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    Regular Visitor

i cant read the link..but are you talking about the month in advance billing? if so,. sprint started that back in or before 2008. not a new thing. read your terms and agreements or talk to Any rep if this is what you are referring to

• 3. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

Sprint has charged a month in advance for quite a while now, since March 2007 I believe for new accounts. Current accounts were converted over from arrears billing to advance billing with the conversion to our Unified Billing Platform after the merger.

• 4. Re: Poor customer service from sprint

have spent numerous hours over the past 3 days with customer service about upgrading my phone to only end up back at square 1 NOWHERE closer than i was 3 days ago . About time to switch carriers . 3 emails to customer service still NO RESPONSE BACK . Was informed by 3 reps that rebates were for existing customers only to spend hours to get a "i can't comment on that" from customer service . Ask to speak with a supervisor or someone who can and nothing. Why is it a long term customer isn't eligible for the same rebates that a new customer is. Well obviously it's because they already have you and think you will not change carriers!!!!! It's becoming easier to change than deal with this kind of service!!!!

• 5. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    Regular Visitor

as far as i know that is commun practice in every other cell company. correct me if im rigth but you will enconter this issue everywhere you go!!! and one more thingy!!! if you get suspended for non-payment you will get prorated charges (also commun practice in verizon and i think Tmobile also)

• 6. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    Mike1972R Newbie

I want to chime in on this subject and see if anyone from sprint can give me a better explanation than the yahoos on the phone I get to talk to. Just over a year ago (when the phone came out) I bought a new pre on the upgrade program. So at that time I had to pay a month in advance. OK FINE. The next month my business partner decided he wanted the pre so i ordered him one. AGAIN had to pay another month in advance. My mother (which is one of my 4 lines) decided she was eligible for $150 so she wanted the rumor 2 (somewhere around november) So I got her her phone and YES AGAIN I had to pay a month in advance. Now my wifes phone is eligible so she had me order her an Instinct tonight. AND YET AGAIN I am told I have to pay a month in advance. So lets add this together... 4 times I have upgraded my phone and 4 times I have paid a month in advance. Wouldnt that sound like I shouldnt see a bill for a while? Someone let me know what you think and how to get around this. All these people want new phones and I end up eating the bill for a month in advance. ***?

• 7. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    Hockeydood Regular Visitor

Without seeing your bill I can't tell you for sure, but what it sounds like is you are changing from an old plan to a new plan. And when ANY change is made to your bill it will be prorated. You aren't paying more, you are paying for the portion of the month when using the new plan and a portion of the month on the old plan. It looks complicated and I have dealt with this issue many many many many many many times, but it is standard operating procedure. I got my first taste of this 2 1/2 years ago while a customer of Verizon. The reason the bill is formulated the month in advance is because it is easier to make adjustments and charge overages for what has already happened than to try and predict what will happen. I can certainly understand your frustration, but taking it out on people who are trying to listen to your issue and answer your question helps nobody. Because now you are upset and the person you spoke to is upset. Patience is vital when dealing with any difficult situation, especially when it comes to one's cell phone bill. But relax, it will get worked out. =)

• 8. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    Mike1972R Newbie

well for the record I have not changed anytime except when I bought my pre. Had to get the unlimited data plan. since then they have all been on this same plan and have had to pay the rest of the current month and the next month in advance. Again this is the 3rd time. The first was due to plan change. I dont understand the point of it if I am not changing plans. nobody can give me an answer. So my bill which is almost $200 a month now plus the price of the phone before mail in rebate and next months advance bill will bring my total next month to almost $600. How is that justified? Still waiting for someone from sprint to find me an answer.

• 9. Re: Poor customer service from sprint
    el5273 Newbie

I'm not quite sure who designed this new site but surely they should be fired.  Not at all user friendly and way too busy.  Too much information on one page to find what you're looking for.   I've been trying to pay my bill for days and it won't allow me and doesn't offer me any assistance to resolve whatever problem I'm having.  I received 3 calls last week from sprint about an address change that I never made and now my account log in is all screwed up. When I called to confirm "no address change was made"  it was a big song and dance with the customer service rep that kept me on the phone entirely too long for not good reason.  Very frustrated right now.  I've been with sprint for many years and finally out of contract, I can move on to any company that I choose with no penalty.  I'm just trying to pay my bill, are you kidding me???  You will be harassing me any day for non payment yet you won't allow me to pay it!!!  I don't know how "obvious smart people" can be so stupid....  Give me a break I'm only trying to pay my bill.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...