This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2010 7:49 PM by Kerry111 RSS

Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee
Currently Being Moderated

So I have been thinking of working on an Excel workbook that would have the currently offered Sprint plans in it. Trying to get them into an easy to read single file that people can download and look through/print out as opposed to the online listings which are all separated, and not available when Sprint.com is down for maintenance. It would be heavily based on the in store plan brochures since that is what I have access to on a daily basis, and it has a decent layout.

I am wondering if you, the customers, think it would be beneficial having a file to download with the information available. I have started working on it but am not sure if people would actually use something like it. I  do have the ability to post it in the Office 2007, Office 2003, and Open Document file types so it should be pretty universal one way or another.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Requests?

Linky:  http://bit.ly/sprintplans

If that doesn't work, here's the direct link as well: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tM5kNLUvHaJZAKQWjeHVSig&output=html

Message was edited by: wengla02 Added link

Message was edited by: halcyoncmdr117 Updated to include EVO required add-on

• 1. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet
    Customer Care

Are you planning to update this on a regular basis?

• 2. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

That was my plan. The way I've started to lay it out updates won't be terribly hard. The thing that takes the longest is making it look decent and easy to read.

The plans don't change very often so it should be fairly easy to keep up to date.

• 3. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

I would be extremely interested in using such a spreadsheet.   I'm trying to optimize a plan to see which would be most cost effective for our site.  It's difficult to do this over the phone with a customer care person.   I need to see it in 'black and white' so to speak.   Any updates on whether you've completed the spreadsheet and have it available?

• 4. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet
    miketech_79 Bronze Expert

halcyoncmdr wrote:

So I have been thinking of working on an Excel workbook that would have the currently offered Sprint plans in it. Trying to get them into an easy to read single file that people can download and look through/print out as opposed to the online listings which are all separated, and not available when Sprint.com is down for maintenance. It would be heavily based on the in store plan brochures since that is what I have access to on a daily basis, and it has a decent layout.

I am wondering if you, the customers, think it would be beneficial having a file to download with the information available. I have started working on it but am not sure if people would actually use something like it. I  do have the ability to post it in the Office 2007, Office 2003, and Open Document file types so it should be pretty universal one way or another.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Requests?

I have no clue how I missed this post back last year when you wrote it. This is an AWESOME idea!!!

I have not used it, but what about importing it to Google docs? Seems like a good way to share it, you can set it to view only to everyone and give us the link.

EDIT:

Maybe add the all add-ons and their compatible service plans?

Message was edited by: miketech_79

• 5. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Unfortunately the hard drive the almost completed file was on failed and I lost everything. Since there still seems to be some interest in it, I will try making it again and see what happens. I like the idea of using Google Docs as well, hadn't considered that before, makes it easy to update and have available without worrying about my drive dying. haha

I am also thinking of adding a small section comparing a couple of competitor plans as well.

Better to be informed and make your decision on that information rather than just rely on marketing in my opinion.

EDIT: After a little bit of time I recreated part of it at least on Google Docs. It isn't the same as what I had before, but it is at least a single place with the information. You should be able to access it from this link. If not, here's the direct link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tM5kNLUvHaJZAKQWjeHVSig&gid=0

Let me know what you think. It is not done, but it is a good start.

Message was edited by: halcyoncmdr

• 6. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Looks good!

Did you import a file (Excel, etc) or make it from scratch? What is interesting is it displays it like a webpage format.

Maybe once you get it done you could work with Will to get this link in a better spot on the community so more people will see it.

• 7. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

I just remade it from scratch. Google Docs has limitations that excel doesn't, but it is easier to maintain overall and I was able to get it relatively close to what I had before.

I am still going to improve on it though, this is just the main stuff. At the store we have a side-by-side comparison of competitor plans that I will recreate in there as well. Easier to copy real collateral than to recreate it from scratch on my own. (What is there already is almost directly from the plan brochure).

• 8. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet
    Evildad53 Regular Visitor

It's great! And it's great that you have it on Google Docs.

Typo: Mationwide Long Distance and No Roaming Charges should be Nationwide.

• 9. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Thanks for that. I knew that I'd miss a typo in there somewhere along the way. I added a bunch more information as well as more comparison charts.

I'm also adding the link into the initial post in this thread. Correction, I can't edit the original post anymore, I'll have to PM Will and have him change it probably.

• 10. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

You might want to put a disclaimer on the AnyMobile/AnyTime feature that your phone must be on the Sprint network for that to apply.

I believe this is also the case for the Mobile to Mobile feature as well. So add that disclaimer there too.

• 11. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Thanks for that. I knew that I'd miss a typo in there somewhere along the way. I added a bunch more information as well as more comparison charts.

I'm also adding the link into the initial post in this thread. Correction, I can't edit the original post anymore, I'll have to PM Will and have him change it probably.

Your comparison charts are okay, but seem to focus just on unlimited plans. Many other ways to get those Verizon prices down.

If I was forced off of Sprint's legacy plan (with discounted add-ons) that I am on now, I would have to pay $69.99/month. However, I could get what I want on Verizon, with their "Network" for $74.95/month (smart-phone plan too). Just saying that there are plenty of combinations that are missed in your comparisons and that unlimited is not what everyone wants/needs.

• 12. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

The comparisons are not meant to be all-inclusive, they are meant as an overview of the currently offered plans that are getting headlines. Not to mention we already had these comparison charts already available in our stores so I just had to reproduce them in the file. I plan to add a couple more, but until then if people need specific plan comparisons they should take the time to do that themselves to ensure they are getting the best value before deciding.

Sprint isn't the cheapest for every situation, but making a comparison chart for every situation available would take a lot of time and isn't worth the effort for the number of people that would benefit.

• 13. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

It is great! Fyi- You might want to check on the NDC Custom Plans. I don't see them on the site, but not sure if they are completely gone.

• 14. Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Hmm interesting... I added the pages originally on the 13th, before the new plan brochures and changes happened on the 14th. The new plan brochures don't have the NDC plans in them, and checking our internal pages it looks like the plans were discontinued on the 14th with the price changes. The NDC Custom plans have been removed from the spreadsheet.

1 2 Previous Next