This discussion is archived
1 8 9 10 11 12 31 Previous Next 461 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2010 1:42 PM by KenSanDiego Go to original post RSS
  • 135. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

I don't follow with you madscientist? the original message I have send to my email was: "I did, and then I reposted here with a reverse link, and it was rejected by the moderators." I checked and this message is gone?

I can't find it? what is going on? what you wrote that the moderator didn't like?

• 136. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

dude i have not used one swear in this fourm and have had at least ten post removed. you know what, i'm going to stop caring anymore. because i have said it once and will say it again. this new rom is going to be a big disapointment. the time we have waited and we are going to get nothing more than a tweaked 6.1. i have used a carrier version of 6.5 and the only big difference is that the start menu has icons instead of programs and some more options in the settings tabs.

i use custom roms now and how am i going to go from 6.5.3 with sense 2.5 to anything sprint is going to give me. thats like going from touch pro back to 6800. there is no way they are going to release a 6.5.3 wm and we will be lucky to see sense 2.1. i think personaly we will be lucky to see a rom period from sprint. it has been far to long. anything they want to do to it could be done by now. point blank

• 137. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    sperington Regular Visitor

JackG058...you think HTC and Sprint will adapt the Sense UI for the WM 6.5 update?  Interesting!  I know many cooks out there have adapted the Sense UI for their ROMs for the TP2, but I thought that HTC considered it their UI for Android phones...  I was looking forward to the 6.5 update simply so that I might stop using TouchFlo 3d and run just WM 6.5 (so many programs don't work with TouchFlo 3d)   What I've read leads me to believe that the purpose of 6.5 was to finally make Windows Mobile attractive and finger friendly enough to use on a touchscreen phone without the need of a proprietary UI.  I've looked at any number of Android/Sense UI phones and I'm not sure I like Sense.  I actually rather like TouchFlo 3d...if it were imbedded throughout the WM 6.1 interface I'd love it. I suppose I'm no more required to run a new HTC UI than I am now ... so I'll be happy with the 6.5 update either way...I just expected that TouchFlo 3d would stay about the same...just reworked to run 6.5.

• 138. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

again i have 6.5.3 and sense 2.5 cooked together and there some minor issues that are fixable. other than that it runs great. don't get me wrong, touchflo 3d was great but the sense ui is much more vibrant and the customizing you can do is far more advance then anything i have seen to date. i dare any of you to download energy rom and see after that if your expectations of sprints new rom don't go way up. i can tell you from experince that no other custom rom has what energy has. you get to chose from about ten differrent clocks, with the touch of one button. you can decide if you want the call history button/calender on the home screen. much much more.

• 139. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

Ill jump ship for a Snapdragon WM6.5.3 with sense and a keyboard... First carrier to get that gets my money... give me an HD2 with a keyboard and Im all over that... Then I can run my emulators full speed, and have my open OS WM6.5 and not stuck with WM7 aka iClone

• 140. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Wes_Wunder Regular Visitor

It's crazy that spirnt mods have been to this thread long enough to delete peoples posts, but not to actually answer them.

• 141. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

Its not crazy that they havent replied... they are moderators... Their job is to make sure the board stays clean and within the Terms of Service. They are not PR, CEO's, or Tech guys, so they have no clue when WM6.5 will be ready. I assure you, no one of importance is reading these forums....

• 142. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    craigmielke Regular Visitor

Well, I guess sometimes we need to all eat a litlte crow.  Many of us have glossed over this post last weekend (posted by a Sprint Admin):

95. Feb 26, 2010 Posted in response to:                                      izzyks

izzyks wrote:

Sprint and HTC are currently developing  a release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC Touch Pro2 that is expected  to be available to customers by end of first quarter, 2010. This  upgrade will not only provide updates to the Windows Mobile platform,  but also significant enhancements to the Touch Pro2 user interface which  will allow additional customization/personalization options and more  integration with the applications users access most.

Click  this link to read more about the HTC Touch Pro2 http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1325978&highlight=

Follow-up  2/26: Good news......device management informed me today that we are  still on track for the end of first quarter.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, here's a follow up to my earlier post about emailing Dan@Sprint.com. I got a personal phone call from a representative with Dan@Sprint.com who assured me that they are working on the upgrade and that they are currently on track for the end of this month. I shared with her my concerns (and the concerns of the posters on this thread) that we were primarily aggravated with the level of communication, and the feeling that if some other carrier came out with a better device then we might have no reason to stay with Sprint. She was very nice and listened. It was actually a very nice phone call. Here's her follow-up email:

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. The purpose of this email is to
              recap our conversation today 03/02/2010. First, I would like to
              apologize that the Windows 6.5 update is currently unavailable. Sprint
              and HTC are working on the release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC
              Touch Pro2 that is expected to be available by end of first quarter,
              2010. You can check on updates that are available for your phone at
              www.Sprint.com/support.

While it doesn't totally alleviate our concerns that it still may be a tragic let-down, I'm willing to shut up and wait until March 31st for whatever they put out. I'm sure that at that time, there will be so many new devices announced, and new plans available from all the carriers, we'll have a new set of issues to complain about!

In the meantime (and yes, I know it's WAY too late to ask Sprint for these feature requests), this is what I think most users are requesting:

Latest WinMo 6.5.3
    Sense 2.5 (with stuff like footprints, document reader, twitter tab, e-reader, weather animations etc...) (and email enhancements like "reply" from the preview tab that have already been hacked, cooked and incldued in other carrier upgrades...)
    Useful WVGA compatible applications (like a new Pandora app?) and ditch the Sprint TV, NFL, Nascar, Music and extras...        

Message was edited by: madscientist

• 143. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

spoken like a true "real" rom seeker. i will take that. i like were they say they are working with htc. that and the wait makes me feel like this might be worth the wait. maybe i can stop voiding my warrenty. crossing my fingers. hey, on the 1st everyone should come back and say what we think of the rom.

• 144. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

Just completed a 15 minute call with Customer Service, who, after putting me on hold and checking with those "in the know", quoted internal correspondence that stated the 6.5 OS upgrade will occur sometime this Spring, not by the end of March. This is the same thing HTC told me a couple of weeks ago, which I reported in post # 69. Was also told this flight of fantasy... Sprint would have a WinMo 7.0 phone available by the end of this summer. Guess all we can do is just sit and wait.

• 145. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Valued Member

kcrishell, I'm speculating in my post the same as everybody else.  I'm just guessing that Sprint is trying to give us the best combo they can, and to me that would include the newer Sense UI.  Hopefully we'll know in a few short weeks. 

• 146. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    SouthBay_Mike Regular Visitor

jammers743 wrote:

Just completed a 15 minute call with Customer Service, who, after putting me on hold and checking with those "in the know", quoted internal correspondence that stated the 6.5 OS upgrade will occur sometime this Spring, not by the end of March. This is the same thing HTC told me a couple of weeks ago, which I reported in post # 69. Was also told this flight of fantasy... Sprint would have a WinMo 7.0 phone available by the end of this summer. Guess all we can do is just sit and wait.

This is as valid as the guy in the Android forum who said a 'New Sprint exlusive Android device would launch by the 24th' & he also claimed he spoke to someone in 'Customer Service'. You guys keep lying & posting fake information, it really isn't apprecaited

• 147. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Valued Member

We got to wait and see if they proof their point or just an add on lie when it will comes. 29 days to go guys. Keep your fingers crossed. We are not losing anything by waiting. So far we are still Sprint customers and happy with our gadgets but not with the outdated OS.

We are waiting for you Sprint. Don't let us down.

Message was edited by: rufa

• 148. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

"Billjr106"  I really have to disagree with you if you think windows phone 7 series is a iclone. It looks nothing like the iphone and them graphics its using is going to make people know who has the best os. that metro is going to be a killer. And one more thing im tired of people always saying its a zune phone and thats all it is. So what!! microsoft made the zune and the metro UI on the windows media center. So if they want to put that together and make a phone, its there product. One last thing that photon os that microsoft had would of came out before the iphone and then people would be calling apple a rip off of windows phones. but its crazy how people seem to have forgot that microsoft had the first touch screen phones. But with the windows 7 they will show people why they were the first to have a touch screen.

Message was edited by: twill1988

• 149. Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
    Regular Visitor

Sprint just gave me a new TP2 for free.  I had a Moment, but when the second one was bricked by a local service technician (installing CL14) I refused to accept a refurb.  If I had bricked it, fine give me a refurb, but YOU break my phone and now you want to give me a refurb? No.

As for the TP2, I was really sick of WinMo (6700, 6800) and was really liking Android (aside from the known issues of the Moment).  I like the TP2.  I'm surprised.  It's really the first phone since my SPHi500 that I really like.

I don't care how long it takes for 6.5.  I'm only considering this a stop gap between the Mogul and a decent 4G phone.  Cost wise, I can't rationally leave sprint.  (I can ADD a verizon line and keep the two sprint simply everything plans for the same amount as 2 Verizon lines; same with AT&T).  So I'll wait it out.  I'm just psyched to have a SIM card...

1 8 9 10 11 12 31 Previous Next