This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2010 12:53 PM by andyman97 RSS

Blackberry 9650

Currently Being Moderated

Hi first time poster here, still a little lost in here, I have been with sprint for a short while compared to what I read about some of you guys, I have a question for you guys and if it's been asked I'm sorry...

Since I have had sprint my phone history has been long

Sanyo MM-7400, 8300, Samsung A920, A900, Sanyo M-1, PPC-6600, Mogul, Touch Pro, Treo 800w, BlackBerry curve and now the Blackberry Tour, I LOVE blackberry and for now I don't plan on going back to a non blackberry phone ... I can do anything the iPhone does but ... I have HUUUUUUGE reception problems at work and since Blackberry doesn't have a Roaming only option it's been a little bit of a pain.

My $150 Rebate is now available on my line and I am trying to hold it for the 9650 since it's wifi enabled and that's something that could perhaps work in my favor at work, since I could at least use Blackberry Messenger and web browsing ... Too bad that Sprint doesn't have UMA services like T-Mobile does but at least it's something...

The reason I'm in a rush for exchanging my phone is that my secondary line is not available for upgrade and that phone is falling apart and I don't think sprint will get me a good deal on that phone... Anyway to make this story short ... Does anyone knows anything about the 9650 release date ... I cannot wait

Thanks for Everything

• 1. Re: Blackberry 9650
    NAJMAR77 Newbie

I have been waiting for this same phone for over 6months to come out for sprint. In regards to the roaming  i have no clue, but i just found out today that sprint announce the bold to be released on May 23, 2010 for $200.00 with a 2yr contract with a $100.00 mail-in rebate ...... .I researched it on the sprint web site under news.  i hope this was some-what helpful for you.

BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone Factsheet

BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone
    A smooth international traveller

For top-of-the-line performance, functionality and features, the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone comes with BlackBerry® OS 5.0. It is designed with a smoothly integrated optical trackpad and a highly tactile, distinctive, fretted keyboard, and comes with a vibrant high-resolution display (480 x 360 at 245 ppi). It operates on Sprint’s nationwide 3G (EVDO Rev. A) network domestically, and roams on other high-speed wireless networks around the world for reliable voice and email communication, enabling customers to be more productive and better equipped to manage both their busy personal and business lives. It is ideally suited for those who want to stay socially connected, and lets you share moments through pictures and videos via MMS, and by instant message with popular IM services like BlackBerry® Messenger. It also offers easy access to your favorite social networking sites like Flickr®, MySpace and Facebook®, with smooth integration providing a great view of what’s happening both personally and professionally. Sprint will also offer BlackBerry® App World™ preloaded giving customers access to thousands of applications.

ADVANCED FEATURES:

• BlackBerry® service supports up to 10 business and personal email accounts, plus BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support for corporate email installations
    • 3.2 MP camera for picture and video capture with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization and autofocus
    • 512 MB Flash memory
    • Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
    • 2 GB MicroSD Card included, with support for cards up to 32 GB
    • Operates globally on CDMA EV-DO Rev. A, and 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks where Sprint has international roaming agreements. Sprint customers can make or receive phone calls in more than 185 countries, and access BlackBerry data services, including email, apps and Web browsing in nearly 150 countries
    • Features built-in GPS for mapping your location, conducting local searches, receiving audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, and utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available
    • Speaker independent voice dialing for hands free calling
    • Speakerphone for hands-free operation
    • Features an advanced media player for listening to music, viewing pictures and watching videos, plus there’s a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
    • Bluetooth® 2.1 enabling hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer. Also, supports Bluetooth Stereo capabilities
    • DataViz Documents To Go suite preloaded, for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere
    • View and update your calendar, schedule appointments, check your task list and more while on the go. Also includes a calculator, alarm clock and memo pad

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Form factor: Sleek, thin design with full QWERTY keyboard and trackpad navigation
    • Networks: 800/1900 MHz CDMA, 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA, and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM
    • Dimensions: 4.4 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.6 inches (111.8 mm x 61 mm x 15.2 mm)
      Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)
    • Display: HVGA+ (480 x 360 at 245 ppi)
    • Battery Specifications: Li-Ion Battery (1400 mAh)
    • Talk Time: Up to 5 hours1
    1All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns

• 2. Re: Blackberry 9650
    NAJMAR77 Newbie

one more.................

Effective, April 26th Sprint officially announces the new BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone:

Advanced Features and Refined Style of BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone Coming to Sprint

Available in all Sprint sale channels May 23, the new BlackBerry Bold 9650

offers international roaming for a global smartphone experience

With an extensive array of high-end communications and multimedia features, compact and highly refined design and international roaming capabilities, the new BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone will be available from Sprint (NYSE: S). It will operate on Sprint’s nationwide 3G Network domestically, and roams on other high-speed wireless networks around the world for reliable voice and email communication.

The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone will be available for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement, after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes & surcharges excluded).  It can be purchased in all other Sprint sales channels, including Web sales (www.sprint.com), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1), Sprint Business Sales, Sprint stores, national retailers and third-party dealers, Sunday, May 23.

BlackBerry Bold 9650 provides instant access to email, calendar, contacts, robust business and entertainment applications and location-based services, leveraging the best performing wireless networks in the United States and abroad.  It is also ideally suited for those who want to stay socially connected and share moments through pictures and videos through MMS and over popular IM services like BlackBerry® Messenger.  It also offers easy access to social networking sites like Flickr®, MySpace™ and Facebook®, with smooth integration, providing a great view of what’s happening both personally and professionally.

In addition to top-of-the-line performance, functionality and features, the BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone comes with BlackBerry® OS 5.  It is also designed with a smoothly integrated optical trackpad and a distinctive, highly tactile, fretted keyboard and features a large, high-resolution display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi).

Additional features include:

• Access to up to 10 supported email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™), plus BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support offering advanced security and IT administration capabilities for corporate deployments
    • Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
    • 3.2 MP camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording
    • Advanced media player for enjoying pictures, video and music
    • 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB microSDHC cards, with a 2 GB microSD card included
    • 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
    • Support for the Bluetooth® stereo headsets (A2DP/AVCRP)
    • Sprint Music Store, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV®, Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
    • BlackBerry® App World™ for access to thousands of applications

International Travel
    The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone operates domestically on the Sprint 3G network, and globally on 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA and quad-band EDGE/GSM/GPRS networks where Sprint has international roaming agreements. With this smartphone, Sprint customers have the power to make or receive phone calls in more than 185 countries and access BlackBerry® data services including email, apps and Web browsing in nearly 150 countries.

Access the release highlights link below to view the press release and additional pricing details.

Release highlights:

•    BlackBerry Bold 9650 product, pricing and availability announcement
    •    Price plans to include Everything Data plans with Any Mobile Anytime

• 3. Re: Blackberry 9650
    LFW20091 Regular Visitor

Can anyone tell us what the upgrade price will be for eligible Premier customers? From the release, it looks like it will be $149, after the $100 mail-in and the $150 upgrade discount. Or will it be $49.99 after all the "specials"? Which is it? Or am I totally wrong?

• 4. Re: Blackberry 9650
    andyman97 Newbie

I've been waiting for this one, also.  I'd also like to know what the price will be for eligible premier members.  Time to upgrade from the tour....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...