This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2010 8:09 PM by Levi4u RSS

can i use my other line's upgrade eligibility and transfer it to my current line?

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

hey everyone...i'm new to sprint's community...so sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.  can someone help me out, i was wondering if there's a way to use the upgrade for my 2nd line, get my HTC Hero, and then use it with the phone number/line that is not eligible for the upgrade yet?  please let me know if have any info on this.

thanks.

• 1. Re: can i use my other line's upgrade eligibility and transfer it to my current line?

Okay, i think i understanding what you are trying to get at.

The problem with using the upgrade eligibility from your second line, and then using that to get a new phone for your first line (for example) is, that your rebates will be rendered useless (you won't get any). Although you get the $150 discount for your primary line, the rebate program works in a way that you have to use the phone on the line it was bought for (which is your second line).

This situation is similar to Premier Sprint Status where you only can get a new phone every year ONLY on your primary line. However, thats a different story.

This might possibly work if you use your phone on your second line until you get your rebate, then you might be able to switch phones between your lines.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: can i use my other line's upgrade eligibility and transfer it to my current line?
    Levi4u Master

There is a way, Go to Best Buy or Radio Shack to buy your phone, They give instant rebates. You can then activate it on the line you want. If you buy from sprint the new phone has to be active on the line it was purchased for, for 30 days before your rebate gets approved, After that you can switch it around.

Once you are done doing whatever you decide this time, For the future, Make sure you contact sprint and make the line you wish to upgrade the most gets switched to be the primary phone on the account. The Primary line once "Premier" gets $150+rebates(or new customer pricing) every year.

• 3. Re: can i use my other line's upgrade eligibility and transfer it to my current line?
    Regular Visitor

thank you both for your time and your answers.  you've both helped me figure out how i can get the phone i want and how to make sure i don't run into this problem again.  i appreciate your insight!  i will be getting a HERO tomorrow.  yah!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points