This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2010 5:29 PM by avalon78676 RSS

Lotus, I really hate it.

Currently Being Moderated

I am on my third Lotus inix months. It goes back to the diagnostic center tomorrow. I really do think this is the worst phone I have ever held in my hands.

All three of my previous Lotus phones have been to the diagnostic center and have been replaced with a refurbished phone. I originally bought a NEW phone. It had to be replaced after two months.

Sprint seems to be oblivious to the REBOOTING issue, all three of my phones have had the same problem so I no longer think that I just got a "bad" one.

Current Issues:

Rebooting

An incoming text message stops the phone from charging until the phone is opened and re-closed

Text messages that do make it to my phone sometimes come 2-5 times. Some never make it. Some come hours or days after being sent and still in multiples..

Voice messages appear from out of the blue several hours after the call was missed.

The car charger was replaced twice and I finally tossed it and gave up.

USB cable that came with the phone will not charge it.

Apps and settings come and go randomly.

No one uses my phone. It is locked anytime I do not have it within my sight. The settings are not being changed by a third person.

I have called Sprint and discussed the KNOWN and UNKNOWN issues with these phones but other than giving me yet another used phone with the same problems they have done nothing to help.

I am seriously considering paying the fee and dropping Sprint. I currently pay for the unlimited plan only to use a phone that only works on a limited basis.

Very Frustrated JeepChic...

Message was edited by: izzyks

• 1. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

JeepChic I agree with you 100% on this one. I am few up with the issues this LG Lotus has and you are right all sprint wants to do is give you a refurbished Lotus which breaks and does the same thing just a short time after. I am also on my third refurbished  LG Lotus.  I think perhaps to get any results instead of dropping Sprint you should call their Retention Department, their job is to keep the Sprint Customers or to email the CEO obviously this is happening to more than just one persons phone so it's a wide spread issue that Sprint needs to handle just as Toyota or a car company would handle a recall issue with one of their vehicles. The solution is to make things right. Being that Sprint is all about Customer Service they should fix it not make people's lives worse by these continuing issues as most people these days use their cell phone as a home phone as well. It's critical that the phones work and that they work correctly.

• 2. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

I with you ladies 100%, I have my second lotus since Oct 2009. I have only been with sprint as you can see for 4months. I left my old company because of the bundle everything for 100.00. Well that is a lie to start after taxes it comes to 128.00 a month. So Jeep girl and KD, On this second I am now waiting to enter the sprint service as of 7am this morning. Yesterday I was on 2 seperate chats with sprint and I the customer word is not good enough when I say this phone is junk. I have to take time out of my day go to the local sprint store and exchange it for another phone (the same type of Phone) and hope that it works to my 100.00 monthly cost. I got this phone for free online so I ask if I wanted to swap this out and get a different phone. Sure you can as long as you pay the difference,but ladies that means I have to pay full price for any other phone. Why because one I am not eligble for an upgrade and to this darn phone was free.

I am highly upset and no one seems to care there is no address or phone number to corporate office of Sprint. So I have locked myself in a 2yr relationship with this compnay thinking I would be happy.

Oh Yeah, my phone is roaming and I still have not enter in there sprint Network. I truely believe it is the device, because my friends that sit right next to me with sprint they have HTC or Balckberries and there is no issues on there phones.

• 3. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    wingland Sprint Admin

Rolanda - where are you at?  There are some roaming issues in TX - I'd like to know if they are more widespread.

• 4. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    johnydubbs Expert

I would  try talking to will the guy who posted below first hes an admin here as far as coroprate goes Dan@sprint.com goes to the executive services team ( Corporate) somone will prolly call you back if you email them

• 5. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

I disagree. I got mine new and have had not major issues with it except that it occasionally restarts itself. This phone is is brick **** house and can withstand a lot of physical abuse short of being submerged in water. Idk whether or not you got yours when they were totally new and havent worked the bugs out yet but the one I have works perfectly fine.

• 6. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

I wish I had read your message before I got my phone.

It was free with 2 year contract and I am now stuck.

• 7. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    jlsand2008 Regular Visitor

Can't believe you all are having so much trouble with your LG lotus! I really love my lotus! Has been my favorite phone of all I have owned.  Have had it for over 15 months with no problems until now.  It has starting turning itself off and on.  Hope can get this worked out.

As far as delayed texts and messages, I have found it is not just Sprint or Lotus phones.  Everyone I have talked to has this problem, whether it is Sprint or any other provider.  Cellular systems are relatively new and not perfect yet, but improving all the time.  Until, it has been perfected and you want perfection NOW I would suggest staying with a basic phone on a land line.  As you can probably tell, I am not a teenager by any means and have been around long before cell phones came into existence, so be patient, the kinks are still being worked out.  I have figured out that the average life of a cell phone is about 1 year.  My lotus has outlived that!  Love it, love it, love it!

• 8. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    Regular Visitor

Are you discussing the regular Lotus, or the Elite? I am thinking of getting the Elite, just because I want a full keyboard but not one with a widescrene keyboard and I dont want a data package. I heard the LG Rumor is a piece of **** so Im staying away from it. The Elite looks pretty good though. I cant find one review about it on this forum though.

• 9. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    Levi4u Master

@remission, Here is the link to the LG Lotus Customer Ratings & Reviews page. http://reviews.sprint.com/5611v2/245/lg-lotus-elite-reviews/reviews.htm

• 10. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    Regular Visitor

Im wondering if I can trust that though. The LG Rumor has great ratings also but I see a LOT of bad posts on the forum about that phone. mainly due to the charger port breaking after a few months.

The lotus Elite looks like a nice phone though, i have to go into the store to see what it feels like. I hope the buttons are not all tiny like the Palm Pixie. I love touchscreen buttons like my Iphone  but I just cant afford the data package  and all touchscreen phones require it now

• 11. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

remissions, I have the regular Lotus.  Have loved this phone since day 1.  Didn't even know there was any other kind of Lotus because I quit looking at other phones when I got this one.  First one I have truly liked.  I have been with Sprint for a long time and have been extremely happy with service.  Have 2 phones with 1 having unlimited, texts, pictures, internet, 2500 shared minutes, free calling sprint to sprint and 7p - 7a and weekends.  Most my friends & family on Sprint so have very few minutes used.  Taxes & all, bill is about 130.00.  A lot cheaper than my land line used to be!

• 12. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

Guess I should be checking out the Elite.  My Lotus is 15 months old and probably nearing its end, but I hope not. Just read some blogs on it.  some like it, others don't.  I, personally don't like the touch phones.  give me an old fashioned keyboard!  Simple, no brainer use!

• 13. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.
    marinemom87 Newbie

I am on my 2nd Lotus, but still having the same issues. I honestly think it's the crapy coverage in my area, rather than the device. People keep telling me that they can't understand because I am breaking up so bad, but I can hear them fine.

• 14. Re: Lotus, I really hate it.

My Lotus did die! (:>(.  I really liked that phone.  Went ahead and bought the Lotus Elite and am totally amazed by it.  Is a lot like the Lotus but different. Didn't know when I bought it that it has both touch screen and keyboard. My Lotus lasted longer than any other phone so can't complain.  I live in rural Texas off the "beaten tower path", so some places have crummy service, but not fault of phone.  Do you live in the country and if you do, do you get good service in the city?  My husband is still using his Lotus and is working great although he doesn't use it as much as I did mine. I just hope the Elite will last as long as my old Lotus did.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...