3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2010 9:29 PM by PhillyChick RSS

Samsung Exclaim with white screen

Currently Being Moderated

My son's phone is showing only a white screen.  He has "fixed" this before by taking out the battery.  This time that isn't working. We do have the equipment protection, but before I send it in was wondering if there is a fix we can do for it.  And if this is a common issue that will will most likely be facing and thus repairing again.

Another thing I was wondering is could it be a software issue.  We have the Internet blocked on the phones, so it can't run any updates. Could there have been an update to fix this?

The phone is only a couple months old and has been doing this since the first month.

• 1. Re: Samsung Exclaim with white screen
    Levi4u Master

It is still covered under the 1 year manufactures warranty, Take it to a service and repair center to have it evaluated. You don't need to use your insurance.

There is an upgrade available(M550 CL03)but it does not address this issue, In the future, Sprint does not charge data for downloading upgrades, Call to have it unblocked, Explain to them the reason, Download upgrade, Call back to have it blocked again. If any data charges appear they will credit them.

• 2. Re: Samsung Exclaim with white screen

Thank you!  I didn't even think to check to see how long the warrenty was.

• 3. Re: Samsung Exclaim with white screen
    Regular Visitor

When I got my Exclaim I had it for like four weeks and one day it just gave me an all black screen.  Not matter what I did: black screen, black screen, black sreen.  I took it to the store and they replaced it.  They could not use the card inside the Exclaim, could not access the data on it, so if you have your old phone with the contacts stored take it to the store with you in the event there is no"fix".

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points