This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2011 12:13 PM by momma1934 RSS

Removing credit card information from Sprint.com

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search and found nothing. Anyway. I recently switched banks. I want to remove the old debit card information from Sprints website in the bill pay area due to the fact that it is no good any longer. But I can't find a way to do it. I can add all the bank accounts I want to but they don't seem to have a way of removing any of them.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    Levi4u Master

Unfortunately there is no way, It is a known issue that was "Supposed" to be fixed by early 2009.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=CustomerService&message.id=6342&query.id=1307322#M6342

• 2. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    Regular Visitor

According to a poster by the name of "Vorles DarkChaos" in the linked thread, "Any CreditCards That Are On Your Sprint Account called [sic] not be used to make any payments without first putting in Security code when the payment is being made and Security code is behide the creditcard". That isn't completely true. The new card I used is through a credit union and Sprint's website didn't even ask me for the expiration date, let alone the 3 digit number on the back of the card.

• 3. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    Customer Care

After the credit/debit card has not been used for 90 days the card will automatically remove itself from your online profile. I do apologize however there is no way to manually remove this yourself. 

• 4. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    ValerieJM Sprint Employee

Thanks for the feedback on this one. I'm not sure why the capability to remove wasn't included for debit/credit cards when we built the site, as we do provide it for checking and savings accounts. The good news is we are looking into this and prioritizing it with future enhancements to the billing area.

• 5. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    DAYANA_24 Regular Visitor

Wow. what a priority.  more than 8 months ago and there is still no delete credit card info feature on sprints bill pay.

• 6. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    Regular Visitor

something else that you can do is call *3 from your srpint phone (finance dept from sprint)and ask the rep to open a "dispute"  to remove the CC info!!! hope this helps.

• 7. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    JuanBuda Newbie

Well, it is may and Sprint has done a complete update of website but still NO delete credit/debit card capability. Also credit/debit card does not disappear after 90 days of not being used as reported. This issue has gone for years from orginal post. This post is going on a year. Customer service anyone?

• 8. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    iamnotholly Newbie

This is a sad oversight by Sprint.  It should be illegal to store financial information without consent.

Message was edited by: iamnotholly

• 9. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    erinof12 Newbie

A Sprint representative needs to address this issue with a date when this will be taken care of. This is an example of customer service.

• 10. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    JStoneking01 Newbie

It is illegal for "any" business to store credit card information.  Sprint is in violation of the Privacy act and should be fined for each account.  If Sprint does not delete the information from my account, then we will NOT be renewing our contract and will happily change to T-Mobile who is also less expensive and does NOT store credit card information to on-line accounts or accounts where payments are made by phone.  Our account will be closed at the end of our contract which will be in August....wish it could be sooner.  Very dissatisfied with Sprint.

Message was edited by: JStoneking01

• 11. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    dtsmith77 Newbie

I'm outraged to find this thread after trying several times to get rid of my credit card information on the site. Month after month I choose the option to no longer do automatic payments (i never signed up or authorized them anyway) yet even after calling the billing dept no one can make it stop thinking it will automatically charge my cards. I thought perhaps if I remove my cards it would be a good way to stop it from happening, but now I find via this thread they are unwilling and/or unable to stop this, likely so that if anyone forgets about it it will just rake in the money in an automated fashion.

This is so typical of the latest websites - no one can ever fix them because their maintenance and development is outsourced to overseas companies as is virtually everything else these days... even if Sprint wanted to fix this (which I doubt) they would have to take back control of their code from the overseas companies to get anything fixed- otherwise it's up to someone spending day after day on the phone telling people overseas what to do and giving up if they never get it done. I gave up asking for fixes to the "new and improved" picture mail after being told several times that "many customers asked us to remove the ability to download more than one picture at a time"... give me a break!

Southwest Airlines has the same situation with their website - all kinds of glitches for more than a year now that cause their own agents to spend hours on technical support calls instead of doing business, all because they outsourced their website to give it a "really cool look". Great job guys. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted on their site and on the phone dealing with problems, "lost" money, "lost" reservations, etc. I know United did a similar thing, and sure enough, functionality that was there in the early 2000s is now not possible to do unless you call an agent and pay the extra fees to book things for you.

Great job guys!

I say we should definitely move away from Sprint if they wont stop storing our credit card information

• 12. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

JStoneking01 wrote:

It is illegal for "any" business to store credit card information.  Sprint is in violation of the Privacy act and should be fined for each account.  If Sprint does not delete the information from my account, then we will NOT be renewing our contract and will happily change to T-Mobile who is also less expensive and does NOT store credit card information to on-line accounts or accounts where payments are made by phone.  Our account will be closed at the end of our contract which will be in August....wish it could be sooner.  Very dissatisfied with Sprint.

Message was edited by: JStoneking01

no one at sprint can charge these creditcards without Cvv code.

• 13. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    GETMEATOWEL Newbie

well this has been really annoying. it's not that difficult to get a "delete" button next to the credit cards listed. now that i have 5 (yes, 5) different ones listed it pains me to even log in and pay my bill every month because i have to actually LOOK through my wallet and find which card it is i want to use. that's really not convenient at all.

dear sprint,

here's a hint from me to you: copy the "delete" code from the bank account section and paste it to the credit card section. et voila!!

• 14. Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com
    VegOut1 Sprint Employee

I completely agree that the functionality to edit or remove your bank account on file is needed...and the wait has been long enough.  Since we do not have the functionality on sprint.com, Customer Care can remove any information that is currently on file.  If you need to have any information removed, I can send in a request on your behalf.  I'll send you a private message to see if I can help update your account.

VegOut (Shelly)

Sprint.com Billing Manager

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...