This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2010 2:46 PM by RITAQUALTER RSS

Changing my name/nickname?

gcbakop Expert
Currently Being Moderated

My name appeared as one word, like JOHNDOE, so I tried to change it to JOHN DOE

I got the response:

"Try again. Your nickname must be 2-60 characters and can  have special characters and spaces."

I just added a SPACE and I am way below the 60 characters...Hello?

BTW, my wife's name appears as it should: JANE DOE - with a space between names!

Any help/suggestions from the Sprint Admin??? It happens on XP with IE8, IE7 AND Mozilla
  • 1. Re: Changing my name/nickname?
    wingland Sprint Admin

Odd - the 'Change Your Display Name' field on My Sprint -> My Preferences specifically says:

"Try again. Names can be 6-50 characters with no spaces."

Where did you find a dialog box that has a message allowing spaces?

Thank you,

Will

• 2. Re: Changing my name/nickname?
    gcbakop Expert

Will,

(Using Firefox)

Right at the first page under "My Account" where it shows my 2 phones. The top one is my wife's and the second one is mine.

When I click on the displayed name (in blue) and after I do make the change of adding a space between my first and last name, then press "save", then I get the message I posted earlier (cut-and-paste) that says it allows 2-60 characters with spaces and symbols!

Thank you for your help...but still 14 days later and I cannot go anywhere with IE8!!

• 3. Re: Changing my name/nickname?
    wingland Sprint Admin

Ah - that one, yes.  I've opened two defects on that link.  That link is for the display name of the device (Mom's Phone, etc).  That doesn't change your display name for the community.

To change your community display name, click on My Sprint, My Preferences, Change Username and Password.  Then you can edit the 4th text field and change your display name for the community.

Thank you for the response!

Will

• 4. Re: Changing my name/nickname?
    gcbakop Expert

OK, now how do I change the "display name of the device"?? Like it is with my wife's phone, like JANE DOE, no dashes, just spaces...LIKE IT USED TO BE!!!

Thank you for your help, but this is getting to be worse than a modern day root canal!

...and still the IE8 is NOT working!!

• 5. Re: Changing my name/nickname?
    RITAQUALTER Newbie

I'm getting exactly the same error message.  But I get it with and without using spaces.

Any solution to this yet?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points