This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2010 8:10 PM by beliving RSS

What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?

B_WARD0606 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?

• 1. Re: What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?
    incubusjax Regular Visitor

I got the Hero for personal use Friday, and the Moment just arrived for my work phone today. These are the first Android phones I've ever used, and so far, I'm very happy with both.

So far one of my favorite apps is the Amazon app. I was in Best Buy over the weekend looking at a Screen Cover (ZAGG) for the Hero and was wondering if I could beat their price (20.99). So I popped open the Amazon app, took a pic of the barcode and the app found the exact product for $13.49 and eligable for Amazon Prime (I am a Prime member). I popped it in my cart, read some reviews on a couple cases I liked, chose one of those and was done.

Pretty slick if you ask me.

I've also been using the Advanced Task Killer Free version on the Hero. It really helps keep the battery life going on it (my fried has a Verizon Eris and also uses it religiously). On the Moment the life saver is Moxier Mail since I am the Exchange admin at my work. However I do find it odd that Hero has straight up Active Sync and Moment has Moxier... no complaints but I find it wierd.

And for fun I also have a Lightsaber app on the Hero and a Death Star clock on the Moment. I know - total geek.

Geek Out.

• 2. Re: What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?
    B_WARD0606 Regular Visitor

my favorite apps are :

Virtual Quarter - seems to be a great decision app - has helped me settle scores in many ways - for instance for the past ncaa tournement me and a buddy decided to bet on all games instead of submitting an overall brackett (which definately paid off this year) - i would get to make the first pick for a round of play - so on and so fourth

Beer Counter - There is a spot here in town - Lexington Ky  - Bd's mongolian grill - great food and best beer prices in town! $2.06(tax included) for Blue Moon beers - (try finding it at any other restaurant for less than $5) it allows you to set the price of the beer and you simply press the onscreen button everytime you order one and it gives you a total - both the number drank and the cost of the tab incurred - very convenient when trying to do beer math lol - (as a side note i also won $20 in a chugging contest - guy thought he could beat me even though i was timed using a stopwatch (also on android) from the time the glass left the table to the time it was back on the table 2.2 seconds - now im starting to think i should challenge ppl when i get to my designated drinking place to basically cover my tab lol - wonder if they have a win-loss counter lol)

Advanced Task Killer - this one has already been covered but it is definately awesome for battery life

***as a note on the geek status - hey everyone is a geek about something - for me its comic books (1995 and older) and chess.... i get spanked by the android chess computer - im gonna blame it on the 2d view tho lol***

• 3. Re: What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?
    Silver Expert

The admins hid any Android application talk in this location:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/apps/android_apps

enjoy.

• 4. Re: What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?
    NHaysEWTS Sprint Employee

I would have to say my fav 3 are:

Astro File Manager - Not only IMO the best SD card reader, but it also has a task killer and a backup/restore to SD card for my apps. 

Angry Birds - Full verison is out.. enough said.. lol

Directv - When I have to work late I can just DVR from my phone.  Also I can order PPV from the device

• 5. Re: What is your top 3 favorite games/apps from the Android Market?
    beliving Bronze Expert

Astro File Manager: Browse SD card and phone directories, backup/restore your apps, browse shared network folders via wifi or BT, task killer, memory analyzer

Android Agenda Widget: You will never need a calendar app with this widget!  Fully customizable text colors/sizes/dates/etc, shows tasks from your favorite task/todo app, scrolling widget, quick agenda, quick add event/task, launch fav calendar app or task manager, different widgets for different calendars (if you want), all calendars on one widet (if you want).  I combine it with Astrid for my task manager.

LastPass- Store all of your passwords and invoke the "filler" through the integrated web browser or Dolphin add-on.  Have you ever filled out a form on your phone? Name, address, email, etc = all done automatically through LastPass.  License is for using the program on the computer as well as your Android.

DroidScan - I know this is four, but I really like this app.  Let's me scan receipts and documents to keep an electronic copy.  I don't have to worry about lining up directly over the scanned material because DroidScan has perspective correction, which makes the scan rectanglular regardless of the angle the pic was taken.  That's great for a whiteboard, if you are not directly in front of the whiteboard.  The programs uses your native camera app, so the flash will work for scans.  The scans can be sent as pictures or PDFs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points