This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 12:39 AM by bkw918 RSS

Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?

Currently Being Moderated

Currently, sprint offers two everything data family plans with 1500 and 3000 minutes.  I personally think this is way too much for my family.  I would like to see new data plans with 700-800 minutes with unlimited text and data.

Comment in the discussion if you agree with this.  If there is enough support, we can show sprint that we can more plan options.

• 1. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    FT4158461167 Regular Visitor

I completely agree with you. I have four on my family plan and we rarely use over 500 minutes per month. We rarely went over that before I had to change to the Everything Data plan (last July so I could upgrade two lines to Palm Pres). It seems almost ridiculous that I am charged a lot and we do not use that much - I hate wasting things, even cell minutes. I think with the 'Any mobile, any time' there's almost no need for 1500 minutes, in my case, at least.

Every now and then I get a call from Customer Service to see how things are going, and I have asked a few times about offering customers a cheaper plan with less shared minutes, and have always been told 'Sprint does not offer that right now'. Well, how about now since more people are starting to question it?

• 2. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    Longtime_CSR Regular Visitor

I was just on Verizon's website to look at share plans for smart phones. This was sure an eye opening experience! I selected the features to match as close as I could to my existing Everything Data Share 1500 plan for 5 subscribers, but using their 700 minute share plan instead of the 1400 plan. Breakdown was as follows:

Plan: Nationwide Talk & Text Family SharePlan® 700  $129.96 Monthly, includes the 3 additional lines at $9.99 each)

Below is feature pricing for each phone x 5 lines ($50.96*5=$254.80)

Features: Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices  $7.99 Monthly (Sprint $7.00)
    Email and Web for BlackBerry®  $29.99 Monthly ( I used the Blackberry 8530 but the Data Plan price is the same for all smart phones) (Included in Data Share plans)
    Visual Voice Mail  $2.99 Monthly (Included in Data Share plans)

VZ Navigator  $9.99 Monthly (Included in Data Share plans)

Verizon peak times run from 5:59 am to 9:01 pm - Sprint is 7 am - 7 pm. Nights starting at 7 pm is not offerred at Verizon.

Sprint has Anytime, Any Mobile calling, Verizon offers Friends and Family for 1400 minute plans or higher, but not for this 700 plan

Verizon pricing would total $384.76

Sprint pricing is $224.96

I hate having left over wasted minutes as well, but I sure do love saving $159.80 every month on my phone bill. Plus, this total doesn't include the approximate 15% for taxes and fees, as well as any available discounts

• 3. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?

don't get me wrong– sprint has the best prices around by far but they don't have many options as far as the amount of minutes go.  Sprint should keep all their plans but just add an option less than 1500 minutes because not many people need this much for their families

Currently offered plans and my recommendations underlined

Talk 700 ($69.99), Everything Messaging 700, Everything Data 700

Talk 1500, Everything Messaging 1500 ($99.99), Everything Data 1500 ($129.99)

Talk 3000, Everything Messaging 3000 ($149.99), Everything Data 3000 ($169.99)

• 4. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    KC_1234 Regular Visitor

I agree with this.  Sprints need to get new family plan with lower minutes and less cost.  I am giving spring until end of May because that is when my contract expires.  Once June comes around, I'm switching to another service provider.  I have 4 lines on my account and I've been with them for over 10 years.  I wish they read this form and get those over paid CEO and board of directors to sign off on new plans.  Mr Sprint CEO, if you keep runing sprint this way, I can assure you that you will be filling for chapter 11, maybe ATT or Verizon will come and buy sprint out and manage it alot better. Or maybe government might give you our tax money to stay alive.

• 5. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    GODSMACK_SANTI Regular Visitor

i agree!! i have any mobile any time with 1500 minutes to landline....i love sprint..i recommend all the time...i would just like a plan with less than 1500 minutes to landline

please sprint!! i love u..dont do me wrong baby!!!

• 6. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    meatgel66 Regular Visitor

yep. I agree, too. I have a 1500 everything data plan with 5 phones and I think 700 or 800 minutes would be great ... and maybe at a $20 or more savings.

• 7. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?

I agree with this completely and I have been waiting for what seems like forever for Sprint to take action on this matter. Sprint's new thing could be an Everything Data 700 shared minute plan with 2 lines including anymobile anytime for $99.99/month. That would get a lot of attention especially if it was widely advertised on TV. Also, at $19.99/month for additional lines 3-5, Sprint could advertise a family of 4 people for $139.99/month. AT&T and Verizon would probably never even try to come close to that. If Sprint is still shedding customers, they need to wake up and offer cheaper options before the losses become too great to sustain business. Also, Sprint could potentially bring back additional revenue being collected from people going over 700 minutes per month. With their current selection of shared plans with 1500 or 3000 minutes, very few people probably go over their minutes and Sprint ends up not collecting additional revenue due to overages.

• 8. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    Pooltuna01 Regular Visitor

Hey sprint,  I agree you have the best plans and I believe you even have the clearest calls.. I have been a member for amost 11 years come june.. I have been on the everything mobil to mobil 1500 min plan for 2 years. I have 4 people on the account and we do not even make 700 minutes.. I love the fact that all the cell calls are free this is awsome but it would be nice to have a lesser plan as well. I think there should be 700-800 mintes.. Although, we do not even hit 500 I would be more willing to take 800 and then maybe in a year dump my home phone...

Please bring out a family plan that is reasonable for everyday use. I do agree with another person as to bring back that 50 minutes for 5 dollars if you go over your minutes.. You will get more money back that way.. I really would be iin more support of that and you will have more in your back pocket in the long run.  Maybe not anyone else but I would also love to see if you can add Canada in to the calling area.. I have an aunt in VANCOUVER and would love to have this option to call her verses paying the fees.. Could you please make this happen as well.... No other carrier has them as I know ATT has a separate plan for canada calling. I would like to see Sprint live... I do not want it to become ATT.. I know they would probably never buy Sprint unless it was dirt cheap because of all the revamping they would have to do to the network.. I don't want it to become verizon or heaven forbid tmobil...... The only one I might agree w/ is uscellular but their coverage I think is alot less than sprint already has.

Please sprint listem to your long time members as you have me and I will not give up on you.. I have been in support of you since you came intot he chicago area... Love sprint.

• 9. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    Pooltuna01 Regular Visitor

Hey sprint,  I agree you have the best plans and I believe you even have the clearest calls.. I have been a member for amost 11 years come june.. I have been on the everything mobil to mobil 1500 min plan for 2 years. I have 4 people on the account and we do not even make 700 minutes.. I love the fact that all the cell calls are free this is awsome but it would be nice to have a lesser plan as well. I think there should be 700-800 mintes.. Although, we do not even hit 500 I would be more willing to take 800 and then maybe in a year dump my home phone...

Please bring out a family plan that is reasonable for everyday use. I do agree with another person as to bring back that 50 minutes for 5 dollars if you go over your minutes.. You will get more money back that way.. I really would be iin more support of that and you will have more in your back pocket in the long run.  Maybe not anyone else but I would also love to see if you can add Canada in to the calling area.. I have an aunt in VANCOUVER and would love to have this option to call her verses paying the fees.. Could you please make this happen as well.... No other carrier has them as I know ATT has a separate plan for canada calling. I would like to see Sprint live... I do not want it to become ATT.. I know they would probably never buy Sprint unless it was dirt cheap because of all the revamping they would have to do to the network.. I don't want it to become verizon or heaven forbid tmobil...... The only one I might agree w/ is uscellular but their coverage I think is alot less than sprint already has.

Please sprint listem to your long time members as you have me and I will not give up on you.. I have been in support of you since you came in to the chicago area... Love sprint.

Message was edited by: Pooltuna1

• 10. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?

i agree 1000 %

• 11. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    Valued Member

I agree totally with. I have been with Sprint over 10 years, my family don't use that much phone calls out of our Mobil limit, mainly family calls. Currently we have 550 min and that is the minimum for family plan (older plan, currently not available). If I tell you we sometimes don't even pass the 150 min a month.

My phone is the only phone capable of using both messaging and data. My total charge is around $115 for two extra lines add. If I upgrade and I really wish to $129 plan, my total will be $169 plus taxes and fees. So I'm $55 less but without the benefit of GPS, Pri TV, Data and Messaging for everybody, with no need for the extra 950 min. Do you feel my pain!

My contract is expiring on April, elgible for discount on phone upgrades but holding my breath for better plan or an offer by another company. AT&T sounds much better for my test right if I may chose.

Sprint been a good company for me and I did kept them for longer than my buddies did. I wish one time they listen to upgrade their plans to make them superior to others, phone selection needs upgrades too and lower your charge for a 24 months contract as others are proudly doing.

Message was edited by: rufa

• 12. 700 talk and messaging
    earth711 Newbie

i currently have Talk & Everything Messaging 700 for Family the retail price for the plan is 69.99 but i work for penske and i get an 18% discount so i pay 57.39 for the plan and have data added to one phone for $12.30 (with my discount) so we have tow lines both have unlimited messaging and one has unlimited data all for the low low price of $69.69 a month which is a deal if you ask me.

some other businesses that get the evp discount for sprint are(you have to be employed there)

sears 25% off monthly bill         (i thought about getting a job at sears for a week just to get this discount)

best buy 22% off monthly bill

whirlpool not sure how much

government 15% off monthly bill

state workers  15% off monthly bill

college students 15 % off montly bill

there are many more

just go to evpdiscount.com/(put your company name here)

example:   evpdiscount.com/whirlpool             this will take you to the whirlpool discount page

example:   evpdiscount.com/osu                    this will take you to ohio state university discount page

example:   evpdiscount.com/airozna              this will take you to airozna state employee discount page

I recomend buying your phone from somewhere like letstalk.com or wirefly.com or shop.cellulardeals.com then switch to your evp discount because the phones are cheaper on these 3 sites.

• 13. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    junkityjunk Newbie

Sprint can you offer premium customers that have been with you for 5 years or more a 700 or 1000 minute family plan?  I would like to think that loyalty means something. YOU CAN DO IT!

• 14. Re: Petition for Sprint to Add New Family Plans?
    RUFA69 Newbie

They should offer something with less minutes for those which want share plans but no need for something like 1500 min. Following today's AS article;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100514/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_wireless_subscribers

People don't need contracts but smart way to save money, more min. will bring only devastation for Sprint. They got to be smarter than that, well, I forgot their CEO don't read.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points