This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 4:47 AM by Bobaintbuildin Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?
    spatula1975 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

If you continue with this belligerent attitude, I am no longer going to respond to your posts.  I have not spoken to you disrespectfully, and I ask that if you wish to engage in a conversation with me, you show me the same courtesy that I have shown you.

To sell a product or service that does not exist while claiming that it does is fraud.  To advertise the same is false advertising.  It's not a matter of just selling the same product at different prices.  It's a matter of making a specific claim, ie, "we give you 'premium' service for $10 more" and then not following through on that claim.

(As an aside, even selling the same product at different prices can get a company in trouble.  A few years ago I included in a class action in which the maker of my contact lenses was sued because they sold the exact same lenses both as daily wear and extended wear, but they sold the "extended wear" packages at about a 1000% markup over the "daily wear" packages.  So it can certainly happen.)

I think to truly demonstrate the absence of a 5GB cap, some testing would be required; I've seen someone else cite a table from some Sprint PR or web page or the like that claims that without the "premium data" there's a 5GB cap.  I don't believe it either, but if someone hypothetically wanted to show that there's no 5GB cap in court as part of demonstrating that they didn't actually receive any goods or services described by the $10 charge, some simple testing would be in order so that the facts can be conclusively and irrefutably shown.  Ideally that's something anyone bringing such a case would want tested by a third party to remove any allegations of bias, of course.

I continue to disbelieve that a cap exists, as I've indicated, many times.

• 16. Re: Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?
    wasbakntyme Bronze Expert

I have not been belligerent, I am simply disagreeing with you and asking you to back up your statements.  You say that you do not believe that there is a data cap, yet you still insist that the lack of a cap must be tested for and demonstrated.  You saw someone somewhere cite a table that claims there is a cap; in fact they were probably confusing the aircard plan cap with phone handset plans, as I have also seen.  I have shown you that there is no data cap currently on Sprint handset plans; let it go.

Unless you want to claim that "access to the 4G network where it is available" is a product or service that does not exist, let that go too.  Again, the fact that you may choose to never use the service does not mean that it is not made available to you.

As a final note, the contact-lens class action you mentioned, like most class actions, was a scam where the lawyers got rich, the company "denied all wrongdoing" and settled the claim "to avoid the costs of litigation", and although atypically provided a cash payment (which was a very small percentage of the claimed injury even if every class member filed for compensation), but also as in almost every class action, gave a coupon towards a future purchase as compensation...requiring the customer to buy more product in order to be compensated.  Horrible for the company, huh?  They consider the costs of these actions to be marketing expense since it results in higher future sales.  The contact lens company was never found guilty or liable in court for it's actions.

• 17. Re: Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?
    Bobaintbuildin Regular Visitor

So, it's July 2010 I have a EVO with NO 4G in my area at all, I have the Simply Everything plan with Sprint.  In my contract it states;

Unlimited Access to the Sprint Data Network.

So, where is this $10 a month Premium Fee comming from?  They claim cause the EVO uses more data.  Really? More than Unlimited?

This brings about the question of the CEO of Sprint making this video that says there will be NO EXTRA charge for the Extra data ie; HD and so on.

http://bizvid.tv/view/tl64tf6ay/international-ctia-wireless-2010-post-show-highlights-webcast-available/

Watch that video and tell my why I should not pursue a classaction. If that is not enough then read the following;

Instead, the upgrade to 4G is more likely to enhance the things you can already do with 3G, said Matt Carter, president of Sprint’s 4G division.

“View it as the difference between watching regular TV and high-definition TV,” Carter said. “Once you’ve experienced high-definition TV it’s hard to go back to standard TV. It’s the same sort of thing here.”

Spokesmanreview Full article here> http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/jun/01/to-4g-or-not-to-4g-dont-let-hype-get-you/

So Sprint wants to continue to lie to customers and possibly commit fraud by means of false advertisement and bait and switch?

Call them on it and they will hang up on you, tell you something different as none know what the deal is or agree thats it's BS and Unlimited means just that.  I had a 3G phone and now the EVO still on a 3G network.   Sprint will find out what the FCC is and many other alphabet soup agencies.

The lies stop with me.  

• 18. Re: Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?
    Bobaintbuildin Regular Visitor

Coast to Coast Sprint phone support FROM a Sprint phone or otherwise is and has been down.  Thank you Sprint for my 43min hold that was going no where.

I decided to call International Support as they would certainly be open and they were.. in TEXAS!!!  I spoke with a woman whom transfered me to a man that sounded loaded and asked me what kind of advertisement I needed...  Yeah...   3hrs. after I tried to get an issue resolved, hung up on twice by Brian the so called manager and then placed on a 43min hold to be followed up by what would seem to be a person whom was sitting at a bar (or very recently).

All I can say is hello AG's office. Sprint has pushed me too far and to only think how many more when I google my issue.. there are thousands.  A simple courtesy and compassion goes along way Sprint. Remeber that when the Judge issues the Class Action valid and fines you to the point it hurts.

• 19. Re: Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?
    NICHOLAAAAS Expert

yes you have unlimited data!!! yes times a billion!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...