This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 3:21 PM by ekarpicz71 RSS

My phone not receiving texts on time...and more

Currently Being Moderated

I have a samsung exclaim right now and ive been having the same problem with this phone as i did with my htc touch diamond, lg rumor, and the razor. Which is over the span of years (i've lost count). And that is that no matter what i almost always either receive texts minutes to hours to days late or not at all. And if i know im supposed to have a text i HAVE TO call my voicemail to get my phone to receive the text. Also i almost never receive calls from any one even my family who are also on sprint. So far though out the time i have had these phones i have done EVERYTHING that sprint has told me, hard resets, leaving the phone at the store for hours, different phones, refurbished phones multiple time each, i had them clear my plan and replace everything on it and even the last resort with changing my number. And yet after all this the problems still exist which causes problems in my life like missed job opportunities and people unable to get ahold of me or even depend on me for anything because they can not reach me. So im coming here asking if theres anything at all possible i can do to fix this problem with sprint? Besides switching to another service because im stuck with my family's plan.

• 1. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more

I have this problem with nextel, i get messages between 2 and 5 am that were suppose to come HOURS before.

The only way i get some messages is to logon to sprint.com click online tools and open multimedia.... if you see messages in "bold" they never made it to your handset.

Not sure if this works with sprint phones but i know it works with nextel.

Hope this helps

• 2. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more

Nop doesnt have anything like that...ive looked and sprint doesnt have **** for that...

• 3. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more
    IzzyKS Sprint Employee

What devices are you all operating? If you send me a PM I'd be more than happy to forward this to device management to see if they can help.

• 4. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more
    jnini Newbie

Does anybody actually have this issue and get this resolved?

I called Sprint and they just said it is fixed and there is no explantion what is the problem.

However, the problem resurfaced again the next day.

I have had this problem for almost a month and I am so ****** with Sprint service.  I only use like few minutes and few sms since I am having problem to receive.  Sprint is not willing to credit me.  And they kept saying it is not device problem so they won't replace it (I have TEP).

I tried to search it online, and I found ppl having this problem. I cannot believe that Sprint does not know what the heck is going on.

Does anybody has solution of how to resolve this - since Sprint does not know how to fix this?  I have few more months left on my plan so I cannot ditch this plan.

PS. I am using touch diamond

Message was edited by: jnini

• 5. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more
    scodri1 Newbie

I have been having the same problem for the last 9 months. I switched to a family plan and my wifes phone gets delayed text messages everyday. Sprint has given me the run around for nine months, and can not fix the problem. They now refuse to switch my phones without  me jumping through hoops again. I have noe choice but to switch carriers, as they seem not to care if they lose a ten year customer...  they do not give "inconvienience credits"...  they also do not keep good records as to what has occured... as I have to constantly re-explain everything to everyone I get transferred to.

• 6. Re: My phone not receiving texts on time...and more
    ekarpicz71 Newbie

I have the Rumor Touch, I am either not receiving messages or getting them multi times. Can anyone help?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points