This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2010 3:29 PM by dahowa2009 RSS

Touch Pad

OlPeteBull Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to change or recalibrate the touch pad ? I only found the one for the keyboard but nothing for taps, scroll, pinch etc.

• 1. Re: Touch Pad
    IndieArmy Valued Member

It's a capacitive screen... Calibration is fixed by the digitizer matrix which is aligned physically with the LCD and can never shift (and thus needs no calibration). The only reason keyboard has calibration is because it's calibrating your mannerisms, not the accuracy of the tap to screen location like resistive touch screens needed. In other words, it's seeing if you tap a certain letter a little off to one side or the other and then adjusting your experience as such.

Message was edited by: theindiearmy

• 2. Re: Touch Pad

Thanks for the response theindiearmy but I was looking for a setting to change the sensitivity of the touch pad, it seems to react at the slightess touch which cause to many inadvertent actions (close or open) I've had an adjustement on other touch pad phones that help minimize this issue, hope this makes sense, cause "htc sense" so far doesn't for me, lol. Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Touch Pad
    IzzyKS Sprint Employee

Did you check the software drivers for the device? Do you see anything named "pressure threshold" where you can decrease or increase the sensitivity?"

• 4. Re: Touch Pad

Sorry IzzyKS I couldn't find where the "Software Drivers" are, 3:[  Any ideas?

Sure appriciate the reply, Thanks.

• 5. Re: Touch Pad
    IndieArmy Valued Member

Most capacitive touch screens require changes to the kernal to be made in order to do so. The standard file for these settings on Android has been \kernel\drivers\input\touchscreen\auo_ts.c. I'd check there first for the settings.

• 6. Re: Touch Pad
    TJHUGHESFL Newbie

The sensitivity on my EVO 4G is extremely high!  I just look at it and it changes.  Is there a simple and non-technical way to change the sensitivity?

• 7. Re: Touch Pad
    y2kotaa Regular Visitor

Same question here about the sensitivity. I'll just sit back and watch this thread.

• 8. Re: Touch Pad
    TJHUGHESFL Newbie

Hi y2kotaa,  it looks like you'll be sitting back for a long time.  I don't think there is a simple solution or maybe there is none at all.  My two big faults so far with the EVO 4G which may sway to take it back are 1. touch screen is overly sensitive,and 2. the keyboard is too small for my fat fingers.  Also, I have been having a terrible time to get a movie downloaded.  I have never had such a frustrating experience with a mobile phone.

• 9. Re: Touch Pad
    dahowa2009 Newbie

If anyone from htc is watching, the simple solution is to hold, rather than tap, a widget or icon in order to activate it.  Keyboards and numeric pads are fine with a tap, but if I'm opening something, one-second's worth of pressure is no sweat.

While I'm at it, I always want the landscape keyboard and I NEVER want the portrait keyboard.  Give me a setup for that.

• 10. Re: Touch Pad
    TJHUGHESFL Newbie

Got a half-solution on the sensitivity issue.  Use a touchpad screen protector.  It will cut down the sensitivity a lot.

• 11. Re: Touch Pad
    dahowa2009 Newbie

Been there, done that with the screen protector.  Helps a minute amount, but doesn't solve the problem.

• 12. Re: Touch Pad
    TJHUGHESFL Newbie

I am using the "non-glare" screen protector which was recommened.  The screen is a little darker which is good for outside use.  I also have gotten more experienced in getting better with the touch.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points