This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2010 10:12 AM by elcompi87 RSS

Coverage in Puerto Rico?

KPPEPE Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

We are traveling to Puerto Rico and wondered what cell phone and mobile data services coverage we will have?

Thanks.

Kevin

• 1. Re: Coverage in Puerto Rico?
    VICTORMVM77 Newbie

Hi,

In Puerto Rico you'll have all Sprint CDMA services.  We don't have an IDEN network here, so if you have a Nextel phone it will not work in the island.  Otherwise you're good to go.  One tip I can give you is to make sure you have the latest PRL on your phone, which you can update automatically on most recent phones, or call Customer Service (*2) to have them do it for you. That's because our coverage around the island is great, but if you're traveling to the center of the island you'll switch to our roaming partners and the roaming networks have been updated not to long ago.

Hope this helps.

-Victor

• 2. Re: Coverage in Puerto Rico?
    KPPEPE Regular Visitor

Victor,

Excellent! Thanks for the detailed reply.

Cheers,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Coverage in Puerto Rico?
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

Yes as victor said it all correct. If you are visiting San Juan, Ponce, Mayaguez you will be fine with sprint but the center of the island is on Roaming. Hope you enjoy Puerto Rico were I was born and live for many year there is nothing compare to Puerto Rico in my opinion. All my family there has Sprint as well a me and you wont have any problem.

• 4. Re: Coverage in Puerto Rico?
    elcompi87 Newbie

thats right im from puerto rico to i live in cidra that is in the center and i have to say that reception here is good and is sprint signal so dont worry about it and you get roaming the carrier from where we receive roaming is pretty good  so you dont have to worry either

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points