This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2010 10:53 AM by A11ey RSS

transfer songs to new phone

dibexpressinc04 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i just got a new phone today and the man at the store said to log on to sprint to get my songs transferred to my new phone

• 1. Re: transfer songs to new phone
    A11ey Sprint Employee

I am assuming they meant the Sprint Music Manager, but you should be able to copy the music from your old phone to your computer (depending on what phone you had using the USB connection), then copy files from your computer to your new phone. You should be able to do that with any pictures you have on your phone as well!

If that does not work, let me know what kind of phones, old and new, you have.

Alley

• 2. Re: transfer songs to new phone
    Levi4u Master

We cannot transfer songs purchased from Sprints Music Store using usb, They have to be re-downloaded from the music store, IF your new phone is compatable with the music store, MOST are not and you lose all the songs you paid for. This is something Sprint needs to address and offer a download in a format(NOT .KOZ) that we can use on any future device we purchase. They used to allow a pc download but stopped that a couple years ago. I have read many horror stories where customers have paid for hundreds of songs just to lose all them and the moneys paid because they bought a device that is not compatable with Sprints music store. The songs purchased from Sprint are DRM protected and in most cases can only be played on the phone they were purchased on/for.

• 3. Re: transfer songs to new phone
    A11ey Sprint Employee

Thanks again Levi!  I personally do not purchase Sprint music, all mine is downloaded from my computer, so this should give our users multiple ways to solve their problems!

Alley

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...