This discussion is archived
1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 171 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2010 6:18 PM by czcDoofus Go to original post RSS
  • 165. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    jmpr250 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

Thanks for the info halcyoncmdr117!

• 166. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    Mannyv160 Newbie

is it just me, or does this evo not vibrate upon receiving text?

like every phone,when it receives a text message, it vibrates and rings, or what ever order anyone else puts it, but after i got the evo, it only does the notification sounds but it dont vibrate.

receiving a call vibrates like any normal phone, in which i have it on vibrate and ring, but text messages only rings,even tho i toggled the vibrate option on

even when i put the phone on vibrate all, it still does no vibrate.

anyone else has this problem?   i hope its not one of the side effects of the update

• 167. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    narkeeso Regular Visitor

Have any of you having these minor issues considered backing up and then resetting to factory defaults?

• 168. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    Levi4u Master

Yea, It has been reported by some, Here is a workaround/fix posted here;

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/178626#178626

gift160 wrote:

is it just me, or does this evo not vibrate upon receiving text?

like every phone,when it receives a text message, it vibrates and rings, or what ever order anyone else puts it, but after i got the evo, it only does the notification sounds but it dont vibrate.

receiving a call vibrates like any normal phone, in which i have it on vibrate and ring, but text messages only rings,even tho i toggled the vibrate option on

even when i put the phone on vibrate all, it still does no vibrate.

anyone else has this problem?   i hope its not one of the side effects of the update

• 169. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    GeargariousGamer Regular Visitor

I am pretty happy with this update, basicly doubled my battery life, great job guys and gals!

• 170. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    lamenting1 Newbie

Gotta agree with the poster above - I have loved this update.  I think I missed the initial one though, thank goodness.

Haven't charge my phone in almost 48 hours, doing regular stuff - surfing news, talking, camera, wifi, texts, etc. Still have about 25% battery life..  Kinda sucks because I ordered extra batteries the day before the update came through .

All they need is to add 4g in Hampton Roads and I am good!

• 171. Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1
    czcDoofus Newbie

I have had issues with this update, and have just gotten off the phone with HTC.

Apparently issues don't get handled if HTC doesn't hear about them 4 times. In my case, I have dialed into Sprint about a dozen times, and reported the same issues every time. HTC had not heard of my issue; this demonstrates that Sprint does not report our issues to HTC in an efficient manner, and HTC is apparently okay with that.

Here is the HTC support number:
    866-449-8358

Please indicate on this thread that you have called, for what version of the HTC Evo 4g, if you have never rooted your phone, the date which you called, what issues you have reported. Please note that you have done so here on this thread.

I'll start:

I called about July 3, 2010, regarding the OTA update pushed on the 28th. My Build Number is 1.47.651.1 CLI95459 release-keys. I have not rooted my phone.

I reported the following issues:
       * update script in the OTA update deleted /system/app/Launcher2.apk, failed to remove other traces on the OS.
       * I am unable to install a copy of Launcher that originates from a trusted party (as I can't find any), and I want to be able to install the stock android 2.1 launcher again.
       * Exchange Sync is occasionally not giving me notification that I have new mail.
       * Complained about the changelists for OTA updates being woefully inadequate.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next