This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 11:49 PM by JamesGFelg RSS

Overdrive Connection Error 67

meidlyid Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I just got the Overdrive 3G/4G Connection card and I followed the directions to connect it but keep getting the following  message..." Connection error 67 3G Network Connection Failed"; in the network connections window it says it is connected.I called the Sprint Technical Service and after 1 hour on the phone they took my number and said they would call me bck in 15 minutes ... I am still waiting for that call. I have reset it 2 times and each time it does the same thing. It is active on my account and I am paying for a service that is not working. The reason I got this was so I could use at work becasue there is no internet at the moment. Is there someone who can help me with this?

• 1. Re: Overdrive Connection Error 67
    iamjobe Valued Member

You'll need tech support for this issue, do not let the rep do a call back, they can resolve the issue while your on the phone, get a supervisor if you have to, this isn't a hard issue to resolve at all but it may take some time with tech support to fix it.

• 2. Re: Overdrive Connection Error 67
    Elizzy Newbie

Menu

Settings

9-more

4-data

update profile

restart phone

• 3. Re: Overdrive Connection Error 67
    Elizzy Newbie

Menu

Settings

9-more

4-data

update profile

restart phone

• 4. Re: Overdrive Connection Error 67
    JamesGFelg Valued Member

^ this is correct, the reason why you are having such a hard time with sprint about it is because it isn't a phone....simply put.  i would always suggest speaking with Advanced Tech Support (ATS) for any issue with a device that isn't a phone!  most Tech Support don't know where to start on any other then a phone.

An error 67 explained.  All devices have a Username and a Password that is programmed into the phone.  For some reason or another, they get corrupt. So when the device attempts to use data on the network, it sends the username and password that is stored on the device, then the network either says "Yep, you can use me for data" or "No, but you can try voice" which is when the phone says, "Error 67, your vision username or password is incorrect.....",

And the fix explained.  When you update a profile or Data Profile, it reprograms the phone/device from the network based on the serial number.  so you can be sure that it will be correct.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points