This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 11:54 PM by JamesGFelg RSS

How do I unlock my phone?

rustynails2210 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I put a security lock on my phone. A friend of mine tried to unlock with me next to him. I don't know my account access. how do I get in?

• 1. Re: How do I unlock my phone?
    Sprint Admin

I am afraid you post wasn't answered because it is in the Accessories forum and not in your phone's forum.

• 2. Re: How do I unlock my phone?
    JamesGFelg Valued Member

Well, the only trick i know would be on the Samsung Moment.  you really didn't specify =(

You call your cell phone.

while your cell phone is ringing, repeatidly press your home key, but do not answer

hang up on other phone.

Should bring you into your home screen but be aware, it will lock agen!

also, if you remember your gmail account but not your password, you can try "null" for the password, works on all andriod phones.

• 3. Re: How do I unlock my phone?
    Gold Expert

I think it MIGHT depend on the make and model of your phone, but generally speaking, to unlock your phone (once you've locked it), you either type the last 4 digits of your phone number OR you type 0000 (i.e., four zeroes in a row).  If that doesn't work, I would suggest calling in to customer service and seeing if they can help.  Otherwise, you may be stuck doing a hard reset where you will most likely lose all of your saved data if it's not saved on a SIM card.

• 4. Re: How do I unlock my phone?
    JamesGFelg Valued Member

There are only a few phones that have a sim card, a select few blackberrys and the HTC Touch Pro 2.  However, most of the smart phones have there on way of backing up contacts automatically.

Andriod: Gmail account that is on the phone. if you forget the information you can only go to palm, sprint doesn't have it

Instincts (all models): Sprint Mobile Sync, make sure you get a copy BEFORE putting another phone on that line, they WILL BE DELETED

Palm (Most Models): The palm profile that was setup during activation.  if you forget the information you can only go to palm, sprint doesn't have it

Most lower grade phones have the option for Wireless Backup, charges $2/mo for it, but its worth it if you have alot of contacts, no one expects there phone to break!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points