This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2010 9:42 AM by JHOLLEY02 RSS

Htc EVO 4G WONT POWER ON

lisab12345 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I was using my new Htc Evo 4G phone, it was about half charged, working great, then when it timed out (screen went black), it would not come back when I pushed the power button, and it still will not come back on.  If any suggestions, please email me at lisamburt@yahoo.com.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Htc EVO 4G WONT POWER ON
    JHOLLEY02 Newbie

Mine is doing that too.  Would love to know what the deal is.

• 2. Re: Htc EVO 4G WONT POWER ON
    wwitten Valued Member

Have you tried pulling the battery ? I shut mine off every night to charge. One morning it would not respond. I pulled the battery for

about thirty seconds and it came right on. Hope this helps.  

• 3. Re: Htc EVO 4G WONT POWER ON
    JHOLLEY02 Newbie

Thank you for your reply.  I too have been pulling the battery to restart it; however I was having do it all the time.  I went into the Sprint store on Saturday night and they said it may be the Advance Task Killer that is messing up the phone (yes, they told me to add that app when I bought it). I was informed that Android 1.5 and above manage their tasks in a different way than their predecessors. It only causes problems with the EVO because you are actually killing apps that are essential for the phone to run.   So I uninstall it immediately and no longer using a task manager.  It worked fine until yesterday.  Now the phone won’t stay on.  Sprint is ordering a replacement.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points