This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2011 12:46 PM by IBARRADm60 RSS

how do I upload photos to my computer?

emry100 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I can't upload photosto my computer, and it won't let me upload them to facebook, it will say cannot upload. can someone show me how?

• 1. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

Check page 74 of the user manual

Using the Device’s microSD Card as a USB Drive

To transfer music, pictures, and other files from your computer to your device’s microSD card, you need 
    to set the device’s microSD card as a USB drive.
    1. Connect the device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
    2. When the Connect to PC dialog box appears, tap Disk drive, and then tap Done.
    3. On your computer, the connected device is recognized as a removable disk. Navigate to this removable
    disk and open it.
    4. Do one of the following:
    * Copy files from the computer to the device’s storage card’s root folder.
    * Copy files from the device’s storage card to a folder in your computer or computer desktop.
    5. After copying the files, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected device) as required by your
    computer’s operating system to safely remove your device.
    6. Do one of the following:
    * Disconnect the device from the computer.
    * If you want to keep the device connected to the computer but want the device to be able to access and
    use the storage card, open the Notifications panel, tap Disk drive, select an option except Disk drive,
    and then tap Done.

• 2. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    BirchBay03 Newbie

I can answer this question.  It took 3 1/2 days to figure it out, but I did figure it out.  Then I ordered my pics and picked them up yeasterday.  Here's the instructions:

The common problem the HTC EVO user's have been having, is how to  download and upload photo's so they can be ordered through Sprint's  Picture Mail website.  Well, after 3 1/2 days of searching, testing,  digging, staying up late and pretty much ignoring our soon to be 6 year  old grandson, I have solved the problem.  But, here are step by step  instructions for the HTC EVO Picture Mail situation:

***NOTE: Very Important - Pictures sent to your e-mail, will appear as a zip file/folder.  You must have a program that will open zip files.  I found one that was/is completely free.  I downloaded it and it works great.  The one I chose is jZip.  Here's their link in case you need it:  http://www.jzip.com/

(1) send pictures from your HTC EVO to your email address

(2) Open your email -
    Click View Slide show or Download All  (You can also  "download all"         after viewing slide show)

(3) Download All - Box will appear with all attachments.  Click on   "Down load Attachments"
    Pictures from your email -- a box will pop up asking  what to do with the picture. 

(4) Save File -- down load folder - Right click on attachment and with  JZip (free to download and use) - extract- All Files/Folders in current  folder

(5) In your download box, highlight the attachment in the download you  want to open.

(6) Right Click

(7) A new box will open - look for "Extract"   Click to 'extract"

(8) Save to files/folders and click again- "Extract"

(9) Go to Sprint Picture Mail

(10) Create a new album- save- click on empty Album.  In the large box  above it will show, "Empty Album"   ------  UpLoad Media

(11) Click on Upload Media

(12) Browse  ---  Find folder with pictures

(13) Highlight desired picture(s) - click "open"- This will send it to  the "Upload" box for Sprint Pictures.

(14) Upload from PC -  Click Upload

(15) When download is complete - it will say "success" .  Close this  box. Your pictures will now be in front of you in your Sprint Album  details. Click "order prints"  and proceed to place your order.

Message was edited by: BirchBay03

• 3. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    BirchBay03 Newbie

Hope the above helps. Good luck.

Message was edited by: BirchBay03

• 4. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    muchlove2u2 Newbie

Read your answer and will try to upload my pics as you explain.  I hope it works, thanks for the 411.

• 5. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    ricparks Newbie

1. Go to settings>> connect to pc >> default connection type, and change that to disk drive.

2. Connect to the pc using a usb DATA chord that came with your evo.

3. You can now view the files on your evo from your pc, upload and download pics, videos, etc.

Cheers!

• 6. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    JAIRBOAT1 Newbie

Thank you thank you thank u!!!!

• 7. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    Dudley1675 Newbie

The best software I have found is MyPhoneExplorer to sync your EVO to your pc, it will handle photos as well but you will have to turn this on in the settings on the PC side of the software. Don't waste your time with the HTC sync software that comes with the phone, it is no good.

Here is the link to get the FREE MyPhoneExplorer software; http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php

• 8. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    Levi4u Master

Dudley, What setting on the phone do you have to enable? I can't get it to recognize the phone.

• 9. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    Dudley1675 Newbie

Not sure where you are at, are you talking about the software not recognizing your phone or your computer? If you have the HTC Sync software installed you will never get anything to work, the driver it uses to connect with your computer is no good. Try uninstalling the HTC Sync software and restarting your computer. Next plug in your phone and wait for the driver to self install, a screen should come up on your HTC EVO phone asking what type of connection you want, choose HD or hard drive. A screen on your computer should come up asking if you want to view the files on your phone, say yes (at this point you can manually move or copy the photos). But, if you want the photos to move over automatically you will need to use the software I recommended, if you want to sync photos you will need to modify a setting in the advanced menu area of the software you installed to do this. Good Luck, Dan

• 10. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    Vernzie Newbie

Ric parks,

Thank you for such a clear, concise and simply response. I did exactly what you detailed and it works. I only had one question, do I put the settings back to Charge Only and of course I did do that.

You ROCK!!!

Missy

• 11. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    ricparks Newbie

Hi Missy,

Thanks. I'm still using my Evo, and to answer your question, it's up to you which setting to leave it in.  I personally leave it in "disk drive", because if I'm connecting to the PC, the phone will automatically ask me what setting to choose.

Cheers!

• 12. Re: how do I upload photos to my computer?
    IBARRADm60 Newbie

thanks ricparks. this was so simple and works perfect.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points