This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 4:27 PM by racqueteer1 RSS

I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?

Stue123 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How/Can i do this? I lost my phone yesterday and this morning tracked it to a random place in south san francisco, where i do not live. So i suspended the account so no one would charge a whole bunch of stuff to it. Now that very kind person returned my phone and now i want to reactivate it? I wanted to know if there was something i could do right now to reactivate my phone now that i have it back? Or should i just wait till its open hours and call a rep?

Thanks for any help in advance!!

• 1. Re: I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?
    Gold Expert

Well, first, I find it odd that your phone ends up someplace that you were never at, AND that some "kind" individual returns the handset to you.  My first suspicion is to ask (or at least find out) if the phone was already cloned.  If it was, then the phone is useless and you should eliminate it with a new handset.  Secondly, I would personally wait and call into customer service to let them know the situation and they will take you through whatever hoops they need to in order to allow you to reactivate your handset.

Hope that helps and I hope things work out either way.

• 2. Re: I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?
    racqueteer1 Sprint Employee

Just saw this - did you get your phone reactivated?

In case you didn't yet, you would have to speak with a Sprint rep either on the phone or in the store. They will want to verify that you're the rightful owner (for your protection). Also, watch your bill like a hawk the first month or two to make sure no strange charges appear.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points