1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2011 12:51 AM by kingry141 RSS

I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .

Breezybabyxo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm so confused, let me start by saying that it's really a good phone but when it comes to me wanting to send my pictures to my email, it wants to connect to the internet. For my plan we have to pay for internet but it says picture mail is free, what's up? D:

• 1. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    thehallfamily2010 Newbie

We are experiencing the same thing. Any answers would be great! Melissa

• 2. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Levi4u Master

Do you both have The "Messaging" plan Or "Data" plans?

Messaging plans, picmail is included(connects to data to send pics using messaging app, is included in plan),

Using email requires having the Data plan(Will incur data charges if you don't have a data plan).

• 3. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    BAMACOCOA256 Newbie

Picture mail is free but you have to have data to send and receive pcitures to any phone, not just the Seek. If you dont want to add a data plan to the account consider buying a data cable and then you can transfer the pics from the phone to your computer.

• 4. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    cdalton666 Newbie

So what's up with recieving pictures on this phone?  My plan has not changed in 4 years, yet my phone stopped being allowed to open pics.  I have to go home and use the Sprint internet site to do it.  Yet I'm able to send pics from my phone.  Does anybody know why this is?

• 5. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    TWINSGUY03 Newbie

That's one of the reasons I am considering switching from Sprint in the future. Technically picture messages are free through Sprint.com and viewing/sending them that way. I am the same way about avoiding accessing the internet on my phone as it is expensive. It's an unfortunate buzz kill for those who want to share pics without paying for internet.

• 6. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    angie200941 Newbie

i am having the same exact problem...i dont get why they say picture messaging is free with the everything text plan but then it turns out you have to have internet in order to send it (thats not free)  i have never been with a cell phone company  where you have to use the internet to send a picture!

• 7. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    brd912 Regular Visitor

i had the seek for like 2 weeks.had alot of problems with sendin pictures to my email and myspace even tho i got the unlimeted data plan.never figured it out either.you would be better off gettin the samsung intercept.borderline android thats cheap.i got mine free off celluardeals.com. but the seek is a good chick phone i reckon lol

• 8. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Paulie222 Newbie

Found this out in the very beginneing when I started occuring data charges. Picture Mail also includes sending pictures from your phone through the upload feature in your picture albumns via My Places(Facebook, Photobucket, My Computer/Email, Snapfish, Youtube, Myspace...). However if you are going to send a picture as an attachment to another phone, this would occur as Data charges because it has to connect to the internet to send them. I am just satisfied with uploading pictures to my Facebook account. They are included as Picture Mail and I can do it right from my phone. Hope this helps.

• 9. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Paulie222 Newbie

Found this out in the very beginneing when I started occuring data  charges. Picture Mail also includes sending pictures from your phone  through the upload feature in your picture albumns via My  Places(Facebook, Photobucket, My Computer/Email, Snapfish, Youtube,  Myspace...). However if you are going to send a picture as an attachment  to another phone, this would occur as Data charges because it has to  connect to the internet to send them. I am just satisfied with uploading  pictures to my Facebook account. They are included as Picture Mail and I  can do it right from my phone. Hope this helps.

• 10. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Levi4u Master

Sprint's Everything Messaging plans include unlimited text, picture and video messaging at no additional charge. With these plans, there are no charges for data usage associated with using picture or video messaging. However, it has come to our attention that a few customers have received charges for data usage that may be related to picture messaging. Sprint is investigating these situations and in most cases has found that the data charges are being billed for other data usage, such as checking email, downloading ringtones or visiting Web sites. In a very small number of cases, charges of 4 to 9 cents per message are mistakenly being billed to the customer. Sprint is conducting testing to fix this issue for those customers affected. Customers on Everything Messaging plans who feel they have been mistakenly charged for sending or receiving picture or video messages should immediately report the issue to Sprint Customer Care at 1-800-Sprint1 in order for their usage history to be researched

-------------------------------------------------------

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Know_if_you_will_be_charged_for_using_Picture_Mail/case-wh164052-20091218-170107

-------------------------------------------------------

Picture Mail Options (Included) Will not incure charges.

Picture Mail Phone Menu Options

1. Take a picture from the phone.
    2. Select Options.
    3. Select a contact name, phone number, or e-mail address to send the picture.

Picture Mail Text

1. Text message notification 'You have new Sprint Picture Mail'.
    2. Select the message.
    3. Open the link in the message to view the picture on the Picture Mail server.

Upload to Sprint Picture Mail Web Site

• Picture Mail plan users only.
    1. Select Picture Mail option on the phone.
    2. Upload the picture from the phone to an album.

Post to Service Menu Option

1. Access Picture Mail on the phone.
    2. Choose Post to Service.
    3. Select a Web site type such as Facebook orMyspace.
    4. Continue with posting pictures.

Data Usage Options (Not Included with PictureMail) Will incure charges.

Compose e-mail with Picture Attachment

1. Compose an e-mail from the internet web browser or e-mail application on the phone. (AOL, hotmail, Yahoo!, etc).
    2. Attach a picture from the phone.
    3. Send.

Pictures Using the Web Browser

1. Access the Web browser on the phone.
    2. Locate Web pages such as social network sites like Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, and PhotoBucket.
    3. Log in to the Web page (if required).
    4. Post, view, make comments, or download pictures to the phone.

Web Browser to Find Pictures

1. Access the phone Web browser.
    2. Type a URL or select an option such as google.com.
    3. Search the Web site for pictures.

Downloading/Viewing a Picture Using Web Browser

1. Access the Web browser on the phone.
    2. Type a URL or select Digital Lounge.
    3. Locate the picture.
    4. Download the image and agree to any download charges that may apply.

Downloading a Picture from Text Message

1. Access the standard text message (not notified as Picture Mail).
    2. Select the included URL.
    3. Purchase and download the picture from the Web site.
  • 11. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Paulie222 Newbie

Thanks that really helped.

• 12. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    DANSGURL89 Newbie

You dont have to have internet.. or even use the internet to send pics. You only have to call sprint and make sure your data usage isnt blocked. Once its unblocked.. you can send/recieve anything. It isnt exactly free.. but ive never paid more than $1.00 to send or recieve funny forwards all day long. Its like $0.02 per picture mail. You just have to be careful and not bump the facebook button once your data is turned on. I barely logged in and back out and got charged $13. But no you do not have to have a data plan or pay for any kind of internet to send pics! Hope this helps all of you.

As for the seek... thats the whole reason i ended up on this page. I owned one seek.. sent pictures fine. Just bought a new one today due to scratches.. and just tried to send my first pic like over 30 tims and it will not send. Im so mad. I hate this phone now and am going to find a diff one!!

• 13. Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Berserker1982 Newbie

On my phone you DO need a data connection to send and receive them, whether it's 3G/4G or wifi...I have to be connected to open someone else's pic in a text or to MMS someone (send a pic message, the kind you'd attach to a text message)...I've just spent the last 3 months with this "new" phone (in quotes because of the archaic MMS ridiculousness), an Epic 4G, not understanding why my pic messages from others wouldn't ever open, and would always say "sending" under them forever after I tried to send one. So I'd send another, and then another, and another...Then let's say 3 days later, I'd connect to the wifi or 3G, and they'd all send at once, and I know becuase of the time stamps. They would all be marked with the time I conected instead of still saying "sending" for the last 3 days... This needs to change. I just tested it by connecting to my wifi in my apartment, and sent another pic to someone. It sent fine, and that's the first time it's worked in 3 months at the moment I sent it instead of later after I connected. The difference? I was already connected to wifi.

Every phone I've had (I have an Epic 4G, so I shouldn't exactly be dealing with such draconian messaging procedures) just used the cellular connection to a tower to send an MMS/picture to someone, or allow me to open one. This is absurd. I have an everything data plan, so it's not the additional money, it's the hassle and regression of technology. I have to charge my phone about daily as it is, without data connections. It won't make it through a day if I have 3G turned on the whole day so I can open or send messages, wifi would probably be even worse. As I said, absurd. Take note, Sprint.

• 14. I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .
    Ms.Yourchance Newbie

I'm having problems with my sprint Trender pictures taking too long to send. 

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points