This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2010 11:27 AM by A11ey RSS

Sprint Poor service !!!!!!!!

8609615483 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I recently ordered a new phone for myself-a Sanyo. When I received my new phone several weeks ago I discovered I had been sent two phones. I had to call Sprint about their error and I wasw sent a UPS return bag for the extra phone. This phone was returned and sent by UPS Thursday the 29th of July. I just received a phone call from my 75 year old mother. Sprint had just called her and told her if I didn't return the phone I would be charged $250.00.

I have several problems with this: 1. Why are you contacting my 75 year old mother-she lives in another town and has a landline?

2. I asked the service representative to have Sprint call me when they received the phone. He told me quite rudely they would not do that-I had to call with the tracking number. This is a problem. The last time I was on the phone with Sprint in the evening I had to wait about 45 minutes on hold-and it wasn't my error-it was Spriint's. My time is as valuable as Sprint's and I did not appreciate being on hold for that length of time. Also, I do not think it is unreasonable for Sprint to call me when they have recieved the phone I was sent in error. Also, do not call my mother's home number again or I will report this to the Better Business Bureau. I have been a good customer of Sprint's for over three years and I would expect more cordial and helpful service, particularly when it is SPrint's not my error in the first place. Deborah Griffin

• 1. Re: Sprint Poor service !!!!!!!!
    A11ey Sprint Employee

Very sorry you had a bad experience. Typically we would only call the number that was provided on the account when it was originally set up. There are a couple of ways to check this, if you are the account owner, you should have the PIN that was established with the account.  Go to the My Sprint tab and login to you account, go to the My Preferences tab and look at your account information, it will show the phone number, address and email that we currently have on file, you can make any changes you need to, or you can Chat after you login in if you prefer not to call again. As long as you have the account PIN, they will be able to update your account information. Without the PIN we cannot provide or change detailed account information, this is for your protection.

Regarding the return kit, when you received the kit there should have been 2 labels, one that goes on the package the other with your tracking number. The second label asks you to write down the ESN of the phone you are returning, so if you have the ESN this will also help to track down the phone.   If you do not have this information it will be hard to track, but there should be notes on your account that states they sent you a return kit, also it typically takes 1-2 billing cycles for a credit to show on your account. Additionally, the return kits are typically UPS so if you took it to one of those drop off stores you might be able to contact them and ask if they processed it, it could have been lost or misplaced, although they will probably also ask for the tracking number.

I realize this does not solve your problem, but hopefully it will at least provide you with some tools to get some answers!

Alley

• 2. Re: Sprint Poor service !!!!!!!!
    8609615483 Newbie

No this is not my problem, it is Sprints. I called this morning and spent 30 minutes being transferred around by customer service before Sprint disconnected me. I called back and spoke with a female who was helpful. She took my UPS tracking number and confirmed Sprint received the phone Monday. My elderly mother received a call yesterday from Sprint telling her if I didn't return the phone I would be charged. And Sprint received the phone the day before. Terrible service and rude employees. If I di not have a contract with Sprint I would discontinue it immediatley. However the last person who I spoke with todaywas helpful. One out of five of your operators was helpful and efficient. Deborah Griffin

• 3. Re: Sprint Poor service !!!!!!!!
    A11ey Sprint Employee

Sorry, I did not mean to imply at all that it was your fault.  I was just hoping to give you some tools to help make sure your account was up to date and help you try to get your problems solved.  Very glad to see that you finally got through to someone who could help you.

I would hate to see you leave Sprint, we need more Customers who are passionate about expressing where we need to make improvements.  I have passed your concerns on to our Care teams, and although it may not happen overnight, we are working very hard to listen to our customers and make improvements!

Thanks, so much for your post!

Alley

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...