This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2010 12:08 PM by kincaire RSS

SMS Voicemail text message notification (Samsung Moment)

kincaire Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to disable the SMS voice messaging service on my phone? I already get a notification icon when someone sends me a voicemail, I certainly don't need a text message using up my messages per month and generally just being irritating. I've had my phone and Sprint service since mid-June, and it was barely a week ago (late July) when I started receiving these SMS voicemail text messages. I receive one every time someone sends me a voicemail, and also an arbitrary blank one that has no callback number or number to call to retrieve the message at random intervals. I receive between 6 and 10 of just the blank messages every day! Obviously, the message use piles up fast, and it's incredibly annoying. The blank message I've been receiving reads as follows:

"${from} has sent you a Sprint SMS Voice Message. Call ${callbackno} to listen." Followed by a gibberish code that means nothing to me.

When I actually have received a voicemail the ${ } are replaced by the number of the caller and the number to the message bank where my SMS messages are stored. I have Sprint Visual Voicemail, and I am incredibly happy using that. I neither need nor desire the SMS voice message service - particularly since it's either malfuctioning or poorly designed - and if anyone knows of a way to disable or remove it, please help.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: kincaire

• 1. Re: SMS Voicemail text message notification (Samsung Moment)
    LBURNELL73 Regular Visitor

that is how visual voice mail works is by that text. You must have downloaded a different sms from the market. The stock one knows to egnor those sms messages ones from the market dont. You can download handcent it has alot of options for sms and it doesnt give you the sms for voicemail.

• 2. Re: SMS Voicemail text message notification (Samsung Moment)
    kincaire Newbie

Hmm... wierd. Thank you for the advice. I will look into that app and see if it fixes the problem.

Next question: is there any place besides the Applications section in Settings and the downloads list in the Market that downloaded apps might show up in? I have only downloaded some 5 different apps, and none of them have anything to do with voicemail or sms messaging. Could something have downloaded automatically? Is there a place to look for such ninja applications?

Message was edited by: kincaire

• 3. Re: SMS Voicemail text message notification (Samsung Moment)
    LBURNELL73 Regular Visitor

no that is where they would be. I would give Handcent a try though i think u will like it. It makes your text messages pop up instead of having to pull down the notification bar to see them pluse adds signatures fonts and alot of other things you cant modify on the stock version. I use to have the same problem with the text for voice mail untill i downloaded handcent. just make sure that when you search it to get the app and not the hundreds of font packages you can get for it. hope this helps you

opps almost forgot if you decide to download this you will need to turn off notification sound just on your messaging otherwise you will recive double notification when you receive a text meassage.

go into messaging select menu than settings than notifications

Message was edited by: lburnell73

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points