This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 7:14 PM by LWHITE2152 RSS

8/10 - HTC EVO .3 to .6 Upgrade Available Tonight

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO 4G Maintenance Release – 3.26.651.3 to 3.26.651.6

This is an OTA package that will upgrade your phone from the unofficial version of the Android 2.2 release (.3 version) to the final production version (.6 version) will be available this evening.

The upgrade package is very small and will take only a couple minutes to download and install.

How to update your phone:
• You may initiate the download on your phone by going to Settings > System Updates > HTC software update or
• The Network will initiate a push to your phone.

Important Notes:
This Maintenance Release updates EVO from the unofficial Android 2.2 version 3.26.651.3 to version 3.26.651.6

• 1. Re: 8/10 - HTC EVO .3 to .6 Upgrade Available Tonight
    valorief1 Regular Visitor

I updated my phone through system updates in settings on August 3rd at 3am and my phone says it already has the .6 version so I am somewhat confused by this new final release of .6; which, of course, my phone will not update to as it already shows that version running.  Is there any reason for me to be concerned?

• 2. Re: 8/10 - HTC EVO .3 to .6 Upgrade Available Tonight
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

valorief1 wrote:

I updated my phone through system updates in settings on August 3rd at 3am and my phone says it already has the .6 version so I am somewhat confused by this new final release of .6; which, of course, my phone will not update to as it already shows that version running.  Is there any reason for me to be concerned?

This update is for those customers who installed the pre-release .3 image found on HTC's servers before the update was finalized. If you already have the .6 software then you are golden. This is for the customers who couldn't wait 1-2 days for the final to be released and ended up getting stuck with software that wasn't finalized and got them into a predicament so they are back on track with the rest of the EVO users.

• 3. Re: 8/10 - HTC EVO .3 to .6 Upgrade Available Tonight
    cssvq1 Newbie

Don't do it! Resist the urge to update if you use a webmail type system. After this update, I can no longer reply to my work email because every message is a new pop-up window and hitting reply geenrates an error 'can only have one pop-up window open at a time'. Sprint support suggested the only thing I could do was download Browser HD --didn't help. So now I have a phone that's great for phone calls, internet, TV but not work email. Not that useful to me actually. Should have gotten a Blackberry or an iPhone.

• 4. Re: 8/10 - HTC EVO .3 to .6 Upgrade Available Tonight
    LWHITE2152 Newbie

I have the .6 upgrade and I am still having problems with my internet, it has been slower and cuts off during calls since the '2.2 update'  is there a way to fix this? I have already done a hard reset is there anything else I can do?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...